Its kinda strange that everyone claims to hate MoP

It depends on what u played. Many ppl hated on mop due to pandarens but i always found it to be ridiculous. What i really disliked about this exp was new talent system and fact there was just so many difficulties to run thru. Also if u started playing later in mop you were f***ked becouse legendary cloak was mandatory by any srs raiding guild and it took months to get it. It´s also when blizzard came with idea of active mitigation for tanks. I had to wear a fkn crit gear as bear tank and farm dps trinkets from ToT. Also i wasnt really fan of rune and dot snapshotting as a feral os. Imo this is expansion when things started to really go downhill as core parts of wow were completely butchered. Don´t even let me start talking about pvp. There was so many bots everywhere… it wasnt even funny.

Loved Mists of Pandaria, it is in my top 3…

I loved MoP, still do. MoP is the only xpac I don’t get tired playing through. I think there was a very lout minority that didn’t like the Pandaren or the Asian setting.

That’s how it goes, and will probably go again.

One year from today there will some epic tears about whatever expansion we’ll be in then.

1 Like

I liked MoP a lot. I didn’t mind the pandaren and it was nice to explore a new continent and not have a world ending threat breathing down the back of my neck.

The SoO draught was pretty bad though.

I’m still waiting for the enhancement changes they promised us during beta.
Any word on those for 8.3 or are we gonna get the same “we’ll get around to it in a later patch” during the next expansion’s beta?

MoP was amazing. Funhancement was fun. And even though SoO lasted forever, it was still fun because the gameplay was good.

Pandas are cancer and theme was awful but otherwise MoP was ok.

Raids were fantastic, reputation system was better (cata had perfect one). Dungeons were too easy but that has been same since wotlk. Classes were A LOT better and so was pvp.

Chingchong music and pandatheme was just so… awful it overshadowed everything good. Too much gooye “good and childish” elements.
Cutesy stuff is fine, on cutesy games. Not on wow.
No one likes helping lazy pacifist annoying blobs. And pandaren voice actors somehow were bad, at least I found them quite painful to ear.
And oh god how annoying those pandaren children were, even to add insult you couldn’t kill any pandaren npc.

1 Like

keep rubbing that peace of Blizz meat, maybe it will give you a warm surprise…

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Every single time I say I hate Pandirrhoea, I get hate from people. I can carefully detail every single point as to why I hated the expansion and why Pandiarrhoea is still the worst place to level, and what response do I get? Comments like “lol that’s your opinion and you’re wrong”.

If everybody hated MoP, as you say, then I wouldn’t be met with such hostility when I vent my hate for it.

Easy, it was terrible. Dark and edgy all-the-time may get old and dull, but I much prefer it to what we had in MoP. Usually, each expansuon gives us a joke zone, full of memes and silly quests. In WoTLK, we had Sholazer. In Cata, we had Uldum. In MoP? EVERY zone was the joke meme zone.

No, I hated the expanion and the zones. I hated the class balance and the talent trees, I hated the legendary questline and the abundance of dailies, I hated easy-access flying and I hated the dungeons. I hated scenarios too.

But the Pandaren race? I don’t care for them, but I don’t hate them. Although, I do hate their god awful starting zone, hense why I’ll never make another Panda.

2 Likes

Then you realise they only liked it because things were far too op, i mean a monk soloing horridon… cmon you can’t claim that is in an acceptable balance state in the slightest, and this was reflected across most of the classes too.

well. Then you’re one of the minority who hated the actual expansion and not just the race. Most, if not all the people i’ve seen really liked pandaria to the point of calling it the best expansion with the worst theme (panda).

You can’t have spoken to many people then.

The thing about people is that their social circles tend to involve people similar to them, with similar tastes and desires. My circle contains nobody that liked MoP, yours contains nobody that disliked it.

Because people forget that others outside of their circle exist, they often seem surprised to find that other people enjoy and value the complete opposite of them.

Because of which, it’s hard to determine what a majority or minority opinion is in regards to MoP. you can’t take the forums too seriously, because the posters ever change.

I spent a good amount of MoP’s timeline on the forums, most of the faces from that time are long gone. I’ve recently taken a year long General Forum break, and even in just that short amount of time, the faces of the forums have changed yet again. So many new posters that I simply dont recognise whilst many of my old favourites have gone.

You get banned from hurting snowflakes feelings way too easily. Or saying bad about china or big companies.

Also new forum ui and look is quite bad compared to old, at least to me.
Too twittery and why the heck post counts are per character.
Option to dislike posts and lack of any moderation from blizz also turned away a lot quality posters.

I don’t see how that’s relevant to what I said.

It actually didn’t. The “quality” posters, as in; the posters I liked; never cared if they were downvoted. LSWindrunner couldn’t post a single comment without being bombarded with downvotes, it never bothered him in the slightst. I occasionally had people following my posts around just to downvote me, because they were trying to fight back against “Miylee the bully”, that didn’t really work as I’m still here and they’re not.

I’ve got tired of explaining, why MOP was bad. May be it’s not so bad in comparison with later expansions, but it was bad in comparison with previous ones. First of all, it was first attempt to remove flying from game and appearance of claustrophobic world design. Second - talent tree removal and overall mechanics were more boring, than in previous expansions. I always give mana-burn healing mechanic removal, that made healing much more boring, as one of examples. And the most important - MANDATORY DAILY REP GRINDS.

Yeah, now they’ve achieved, what they wanted. After 3 expansions of massive forced rep grinds people have got used to it. But back then it was nonsense. All badge rewards, that were freely available back in WotLK and Cata, have been rep-gated since then. Yeah, some reps, like Tillers, weren’t that bad. But some, like Golden Lotus and Shado Pan, were.

And many players, especially casual ones, were burning out due to this rep grinds, as they had no free time to do some fun content. For example I was fan of dungeon runs back then. I couldn’t do, what I liked to do, and was forced to do some unfun content to unlock rep-gated rewards, I had earned.

2 Likes

In mop they turned my favourite spec into just another burst spec. I mean sure ascendance was cool when we got it but the trade off was zero damage outside of it. Before that in cata we had the smoothest sustained damage ever.

The only negativity towards it was the start with all the dailies and 14 months of Siege of Orgrimmar, but outside of that it’s been regarded very favourably.

Mop had the best class design of any post-wrath expansion, hands down. It’s too bad it didn’t have a better theme.

3 Likes

For you. For me this change of tone was terrible. I honestly hated the music in most zones because of this cheerfulness. It simply doesn’t fit into the rest of wow’s theme. If taken by itself and if the game started with this theme during Vanilla, it would be different, but MOP’s atmosphere felt like a picture cut from a child’s book and glued into a serious novel.

I didn’t play back then but yeah I don’t like the pandaren. I’m not fond of the alcoholic storyline and never was big on the eastern spirituality/mysticism crap.

So I still haven’t done those quests since I got back. The zones look pretty, music is on point though. And for class/dungeon/raid stuff I can’t really comment on since I didn’t play the expansion.