Its march tomorrow and we still have no words about cata

As the title says, its about to be march and we have no information about cata classic, not even a date for the beta. Youre working well to nuke this community, people are quitting daily and the other option which is SoD obviously lost its magic already (less raiding characters then wotlk according to ironforge . pro and wcl) and people are leaving there aswell and others like myself had no interest in SoD ever.

Im happy that you get to play around with the game that is seasonal mind you, but its about damn time to give us some information. ICC has been out for 5’ish months and its getting stale, the gear is useless because u replace it with leveling greens sooner rather then later so please put some resources into cata.

6 Likes

I reckon cata will be sometime in late august. The beta hasn’t started yet, and even 2 months of beta would be cutting it really close, and at that point we would be in May already, without considering prepatch.

With a more realistic 3 months of beta and 1 month of prepatch, we’d be in July if the beta started tomorrow.

1 Like

Instead of hanging out with those goons so much, you might want to look at your calendar. Tomorrow is still february!

1 Like

august is way to late. it should be in may, at the VERY LATEST early june.

also yes, february has 29 days this year, my bad

5 Likes

i hope it comes early… who wants to play 2months prepatch with no content really

1 Like

The timeline given by Blizzard shows Cata starting in early summer.

We have two more months of ICC phase (March, April), and 1 month of prepatch (May). Cata launching in early summer (presumably first week of June) based on the timeline given by Blizzard.

Hope it won’t start until autumn. I’m yet not even close to bis on most of my alts. Also, Cata will be dead on arival obviously, so no need to hurry.

2 Likes

Wotlk is dead since lauch , but cata will not its just much better exp

3 Likes

What? Wrath has been most popular expansion of Classic trilogy so far. Atleast for russian-speaking community. According to Ironforge is still has 2x more active players than Vanilla at it’s peak.
I personally will patiently wait for Cata player retention disaster which will end current itteration of Classic and after that I expect Wrath or Wrath+ re-launch.

2 Likes

Keep dreaming, and who cares about russian comunity anyway.
100% Classic will hold atleast to Pandas

4 Likes

i dont mind it being dead at launch, i can quest to 85 peacefully

Oh snap i found the 5 1/2 people that actually care about cata

Lol u most likely 1 of few who actualy care about wotlk, tho it was garbage.

1 Like

Wotlk in general has been most popular expansion across all realms lol. Current numbers are equal to both Vanila and TBC end of the expansion numbers, but these two didn’t have SOD running in parallel draining players.

2 Likes

It was popular on p1 +p2 begining then decline, and it was only because of hype about (best expansion ever) from private guys.

1 Like

No, it had more players at any given point. Also, is there any hype about Cata from pservers guys or anyone else? And is there any Cata pservers with comparable number of players with Wotlk pservers? Think about it.

Yeah… compare an expansion that takes a long time to script for a private server to an expansion that has different cores released for it 2 times a week because scripting it is child’s play… Twinstar had a lot of people on their cata realms and they were way better scripted than any wotlk private server.

1 Like

Private core for cata was “playble” like after 1-2 expansions on retail. Hype was gone, cata was good expansion overall, but players moved on to new things

1 Like

How difference in scripting difficulty (I don’t think it is even a case lol) correlates with popularity of existant pservers?
Cope more bro. Cata will be disaster.