Joining for RP

Hi folks,

A friend and I are looking to move a character or two over for RP sake, I’ve done a little RP in the past when Defias Brotherhood held events (4 or so years ago).

I’m quite happy to play either horde or alliance, but wanted to know which community is the most active? I’m assuming goldshire and stormwind will still be the epicentre but keen to get a better understanding of the landscape before committing coin and only endeavour.

Looking forward to your advice.

2 Likes

Welcome to Argent Dawn, I’m afriad Goldshire is a no go for rp.

On alliance, Stormwind is the main hub, on Horde the Valley of Honor is the place to be. There is also neutral rp in zones like Legion Dalaran and Booty Bay.

5 Likes

Thank you, is the alliance the most active faction or is their far more parody than there used to be?

I haven’t rped on the alliance side for a good while, so I can’t say for certain current state of Stormwind, but it’s easier to find rp as a guildless char on alliance than it is on horde.

1 Like

In terms of parity (although parody is probably also applicable half the time) i’d say Alliance is a fair amount more populated. As has been the case for a while, Horde RP is a lot more guild-centric compared to Stormwind’s “just walk up and find a guy at every corner”.

For H and A, the most accessible and populated areas are Orgrimmar and Stormwind. Keep away from Goldshire.

1 Like

What a forehead post. Horde rp is doing great, its just more guild centered

I suggest you don’t listen to the blant lie above, Horde rp is pretty much alive and kicking.

Ilyadris-tier posters really believe they’re funny …

To answer this question, you should try the PCU, which hosts plenty of roleplaying guilds, both as Horde and Alliance, but also Sylvanas loyalists and Ebon Blade.

Here’s the thread, with a list of PCU guilds at the bottom: The [PCU] 😈 now recruiting! [250]

9 Likes

Are we sure it isn’t Ilyadris?

2 Likes

The faction elistism and hate for the comunity is oddly familiar.

1 Like

Also hidden all alts on Check PvP

1 Like

who honestly cares it’s a salty nobody

a den of degenerates and cybersex, if actual RP is what you’re after I would suggest just steering clear from this place.

I will echo the advice above to check out the PCU, it’s an RP community of some hundreds spread over various guilds on both Alliance and Horde, allowing for a ton of really cool events!

1 Like

Yeah just ignore the clown poster.

Not really engaging with them.

Just, it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, so is it a duck?

(I think it is a duck)

1 Like

o w n e d l o l

I mainly RP in Stormwind and honestly I think its great for relaxed ‘Slice of Life’ RP. On Friday evening and the weekend the place really feels alive!

You have Baldermar the Bard playing his Accordion in the park with Shreds the baby Alpaca, the Brawls at the Shady Lady, people giving sermons (myself included) and dodgy dealings going on almost all the time in Old Town. There are the City Watch patrolling the streets (badly) and countless other little gems that just make it so you’ll never know how a night of casual RP is going to go!

And on the event side there are countless guilds of varying activity, some doing events several times a week, other mainly city based.

And this is not even touching on the RP that can be found in Khaz Modan, the North and Boralus…

3 Likes

Suddenly fades away and vanishes with all the other Horde RPers.

2 Likes

Nooo… How I’m I going to cheat folk out of their gold without my gobbo…

Well folks, I am afraid it has been confirmed…

Horde rp is kill.

2 Likes

Horde and alliance have different roleplay styles. Horde RP is less wonky and generally more compact; I had better “overall” experience because it has less extreme elements. AKA some of Stormwind’s worst.

Stormwind allows you to play guildless and still find RP and adventures. That’s the plus side for the alliance, as well as a general larger population.

If you are planning to join a guild, you can go either side. Find one that you think fits your ideas of what adventures you want to pursue, and what kind of character you’d enjoy playing.

1 Like