Jurina'tore - The Great Hunt 🩌 (June 20th - 21st)

➰☜ Jurina'tore - The Great Hunt ☟➰

[Posters can be seen all around kaldorei settlements around Kalimdor, and some can even be glimpsed in the kaldorei refugee camps of Stormwind.]

The Great Hunt

The past few years have been harsh for many around Azeroth and in an effort to lighten people’s spirits we invite you to join us in a seasonal celebration. When the Sun’s power is at its strongest, we gather to celebrate Jurina’tore - the Great Hunt; a kaldorei celebration in honour of Malorne and the balance between predator and prey.

The beginning of summer heralds the season of bounty and we celebrate this by joining together in the hunt for the White Stag. This year’s hunt will take place in Feralas and we invite you all to celebrate with us within Feathermoon Stronghold. For two nights the military stronghold will be a place of light, music and celebration!

To celebrate the majesty of the Waywatcher and the balance between predator and prey, we invite all attendees to don golden clothing and animal masks and partake in the festivities with a joyful spirit and a sense of kinship with the forest and all its inhabitants.

Zin-al-Malorne!
Priestess Tinwëtar Ravenmist

Date: 20th - 21st of June
Time: 19:30
Faction: Alliance

➰☜ Saturday ☟➰

Opening Ritual

We will begin this year’s celebration with an offering ritual to Malorne, in order to gain the Waywatcher’s blessing for the coming hunt. Bring an appropriate offering of your choice and toss it into the flames and pray that the White Stag favours you!

The Great Hunt

Divided up into teams we will embark on a merry hunt for the White Stag throughout Feralas. The hunt will take the form of a riddle race and the first team to answer the stag’s riddles, and find him in his last hiding spot, wins. Mounts, flying and magic of ANY kind is prohibited during the race, and any displays of such will result in immediate disqualification.

The winners will be crowned with Wreaths of Summer and will also be given a small trinket trophy.

Open Stage

We invite performers of all kinds to step onto the stage and entertain us with songs, poems and perhaps even dances, all dedicated to the theme of hunting. Allow the spirit of the festival to bring out your inner artist and bedazzle us all with your skills!

Feast and Storytelling

Feast hosted by: Solonis

The first night of the festival will be ended with a grand feast and a chance to gather and tell stories. Regale us with tales of your grandest hunts, or perhaps the story about the cunning prey that got away, or even the story of how -you- became the hunted. We wish to hear it all! The food served will be traditional kaldorei cuisine and it is our hope that everyone will find something to their liking from what is on offer.

➰☜ Sunday ☟➰

Archery Contest

Hosted by: Kathene

Continuing on the theme of hunting, the second day of the festival will begin with a thrilling archery contest! Test your mettle with the kaldorei hunting weapon of choice; the bow! Will you confirm your already existing skill and show us your brilliance, or will you discover a new skill you didn’t know you possessed? Enter the contest to find out!

The winner will be presented with a Wreath of Summer and a trinket prize.

Dancing Lesson

Organised by: Hidani

Jurina’tore is still a festival that honours Malorne and in order for us to do so properly, a dancing lesson will be held where you can learn a traditional kaldorei dance used to honour the White Stag. Everyone is welcome to participate, so bring your enthusiasm and willingness to learn and let’s get dancing!

Raffle

Organised by: Hidani

Participate in an exciting raffle! Pick up your ticket at the start of the evening and once the dance lesson is over, we will announce the winners! Hopefully Malorne’s favour will still be with you and you will win something nice to bring home!

Feast and Summer Market

Feast hosted by: Solonis

A celebratory feast will be held this day as well, along with a Summer Market! We invite traders from near and far to come to Feathermoon to peddle your wares. Wares themed around hunting, Malorne and summer will be especially welcome, but all types of traders are welcome
as long as the goods you sell are legal.

Closing Ritual and Fireworks Extravaganza

We celebrate the end of this year’s festival with a short ritual before we all gather at the shores of Feathermoon to witness a spectacular Fireworks Extravaganza! Watch how the brightly coloured sparks bloom all across the sky and reflect in the water. It will truly be a sight to behold!

As this is a celebration of Life, we kindly ask that corruptive and destructive magics, such as void and fel, NOT be wielded at any time during the event.

OOC Details

Schedule Saturday:
19:30 Time to gather and form up your teams for the hunt.
20:00 Welcome speech and opening ritual
20:30 The Great Hunt
22:00 Crowning of the Winners
22:15 Open Stage, Feast and Storytelling

Schedule Sunday:
19:30 Time to mingle and to sign up for the Archery Contest and get raffle tickets
20:00 Archery Contest
21:00 Dancing Class
22:00 Raffle
22:30 Closing Ritual and Fireworks Extravaganza

If you have any questions in regards to the event, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Tínwëtar.

The Great Hunt - Rules

:sunny: The hunt will take the form of a riddle race. The attendees will divide themselves into teams of 4 - 5 and be given the first riddle and a token. The answer to the riddle will lead them to the next checkpoint where they will hand their token in in exchange for another, and so on and so forth. The first team to find all the checkpoints in the correct order in time, will be the winners.

:sunny: Upon arriving back you will present the last token you were given to prove that you have found all the stags in the correct order.

:sunny: If the teams have not found all the checkpoints by the end of the allotted time, the team with the most checkpoints collected wins.

:sunny: Mounts (flying or ground based) will be BANNED from the race. Anyone spotted using a flying mount will be disqualified, and their team along with them. This includes druid travel and flying forms as well.

:sunny: Speed potions or magical abilities that give your character a speed boost are also prohibited (such as some druid/hunter/rogue abilities). If your class has a permanent speed boost built in that you can’t toggle off, that’s fine. But any abilities that you can -use- that increases your speed is forbidden. Please respect this.

:sunny: The teams participating in the Hunt should make sure to have their team name/number in their TRP during the hunt itself, to help us and the stags to keep track. It is important that ALL members of a team has the team name/number in their TRP. Thank you!

Archery Contest Rules

The Jurina’tore archery contest will take place over two rounds, testing the accuracy and precision of contestants.

In the first round, contestants will compete in a challenge of accuracy. Each contestant will be given three arrows to fire at a target at 40 paces. Scoring will be based on how close to the center of the target each arrow lands.

((Each arrow is fired by one /roll 100. The target number is 50, representing the bullseye. For each of the three arrows, players score points equal to the difference between their roll and 50. Lower scores are better!))

The top four contestants in the first round will move on to the second round for a test of precision to determine the final winner!

In the second round, each contestant will be given five arrows to fire at a target at 40 paces. Scoring is based on how tightly together they can land their arrows on the target. The closest cluster of three arrows of the five is judged, and the contestant with the tightest group of three arrows will be crowned the victor of the Jurina’tore Archery contest.

((Each arrow is fired by one /roll 100. The goal this time is to roll numbers close to each other, representing the arrows landing in close proximity on the target. Once all five arrows are fired, the score is evaluated by taking the three closest rolls of the five, and deducting the lowest number from the highest. Again, lower scores are better!))

• This event is supposed to be a friendly and fun competition and celebration, please do not ruin it for others by going against the rules of the event.

• We also kindly ask you to keep in mind that this is supposed to be a festive occasion and refrain from disrupting it in ways that might interrupt the activities planned for the event. Unexpected invasions and the likes can be great fun, but we feel that they do not belong during this joyous celebration of life.

Note: If you would like to host a stall during the Summer Market, please get in touch with the organiser!

Note 2: If you would like to donate prizes to the raffle, please get in touch with the organiser or Hidani/Acrona.

HELP WANTED!

I am looking for a couple of druids to play the stags during the riddle race! If you’re interested in helping out, please contact me on discord: Lomenár#2106. Thank you!

Credit for Jurina’tore and the Elunian Calendar goes to the guild “Silvereye” on Argent Dawn.

33 Likes

Looks great. Can’t wait to attend :pray:

7 Likes

Excited for this! It’ll be great!

8 Likes

Oooh, this sounds awesome, I like the addition of a second day with different activities on top!

Life permitting I’ll try to attend as well!

Dance contest will be fun :eyes:

6 Likes

It won’t be a dance contest but a choreographed dance in which people follow the given instructions step by step! I’ve hosted a few of these at Blood Elf themed events in the past and during a market in Stormwind so it’ll be something in the same vein (think circle dances), just tailored to fit the kaldorei theme & occasion!

I better see Nera swooshing his gait like a stag on the dance floor

6 Likes

Get HYPED folks!!!

5 Likes

I kind of remember seeing something similar years ago in Darnassus, actually! Though I don’t remember if the dancers were good at it 

Who knows :eyes:

5 Likes

I’m being held up with an Arrow aimed at me to play my Night Elf

Or that’s how I’m feeling at least, as this is sure exciting! A Day for the Lord of Forest’s Father!

I’ll try to be there, to show that Owls > Stags, anyway. :owl:
Looking forward!

5 Likes

Damn I might need to make some time for this. Sounds amazing.

6 Likes

We did something like it for the Jurina’tore we hosted in Darnassus two years ago. It took a few tries, but it looked quite impressive once everyone got it. I am hyped to see everyone getting their dance on for this year’s festival! :smiley:

And thank you so much for the lovely words guys! Looking forward to seeing you all there! ^^

5 Likes

Looks goodish! :smile:

I assume there’ll be a midsummer bonfire of some kind, too. My own druid is more of a pagan and will likely wear a flowery wreath instead.

1 Like

This is happening in a couple of short weeks, folks! I am still looking for volunteers to play the stags, as well as performers for the open stage and vendors for the market! Feel free to get in touch with me via discord: LomenĂĄr#2106

5 Likes

I could do that!

3 Likes

Past ones have been fun to attend, will try my best to drop by for this one too on Ercia. \o/

3 Likes

That would be awesome! Thank you! Send me a friend request on discord and I can tell you more about it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done and done! :smiley:

1 Like

An Argent Archives page has finally been created for this! You can find it here: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/242639
It will be updated continuously as we add prizes and such!

3 Likes

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/242639

3 Likes

Look forwards to it! Always nice seeing the Nightblades at Feathermoon! And hopefully a patch making my laptop throw a tantrum won’t stop me from attending like the last Feathermoon event :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am happy to announce that the feast on both days will be prepared and organised by Solonis! And the archery contest will be hosted by Kathene!

Thank you so much for helping out guys!

I am still looking for people wishing to participate as merchants for the market, if there is interest for that! :slight_smile:

3 Likes