Just dinged 60, how can I gear up some?

As a freshly dinged char, I feel that everyone around me is just waiting for TBC.

There are no dungeon groups which makes getting my attunements a hassle.
With 60 greens I have no chance of joining PUGS, even for ZG.
No one is really recruiting for raiding at the moment, and considering I would require MC/BWL runs, I don’t think it’s likely.

How about PVP? Is that an option for me without having me grind 8 hours a day for some progression?

I feel a bit stuck tbh, I don’t want to spend the next few months just farming gold for TBC.

I think you might be on a not-so-good server, on razorgore pugs for all raids abound.

If you can’t raid you are stuck with pre-raid bis gear coming from dungeons and pvp.

As hunter most goodies will be found in dire maul north, bone slicing hatchet in strat and then quest rewards for neck and class trinkets from sunken temple. Pick the one that buffs your pet if you plan to play your hunt in tbc.

You should try to win an AV if you can as the xbow is really the best non epic weapon you can get.

Nobody ever checked my gear for ZG being so easy, so I’d keep an eye. Mostly goldbid now though.

Yeea, there’s no easy solution to gearing a fresh char in phase 6. The only exception I guess is if you got a boatload of gold, you might be able to sneak into GDKP’s as a buyer, not sure how that works, but I assume they allow some buyers to be undergeared. But yeah you basicaly have to get lucky with getting into one of the few pre-raid dungeons that you need such as BRD with the ony attunement etc, or you have to get lucky and have no one check your gear in ZG/mc/ony pugs. It’s kind of a nightmare getting a fresh 60 raid geared in P6 not gonna lie. WHich is one of many reasons I want this stupid phase to just end, and can’t wait for pre-patch.

I just spammed AV untill rank 10. While in the queue do quests and farm gold. But I suppose as allie you have no queues, no idea what kind of time investment that would be on allie side, took me about 6 weeks iirc. Might be able to tag along on a MC bindings run, but you need to get attuned first. Other options have been mentioned before, gdkp and getting carried :). I assume your guild doesn’t do alt runs for fun and spoils

i think the meta play is to buy gold and join gdkp

What you described OP is the whole reason why there’s such high demand for fresh classic realms. If you ding 60 in phase 6 then it’s very hard to not feel like you’ve wasted your time leveling. My condolences.

I just stopped worrying about it.

My main is a Hunter and she’s still in a couple of greens, some blue dungeon drops, and her ring is L40 item from Zul’Farrak!

I’ve been doing plenty of L60 dungeons, as well as UBRS, and have started doing MC once-per-week, even though I said that I wouldn’t raid in Classic.

So far, after a year, the only luck I’ve had with drops is the Ancient Bone Bow from Scholomance, and the Leggings of Destruction from DM. That’s literally the only two things that dropped that I’m able to use in around 12 months of play. Either there are no drops at all or I’m consistently outrolled.

As I said, I simply stopped worrying about any of it.

Most ZG runs will NOT care about your gear. This is the place for you.

Just because you got unlucky once doesnt mean all runs are like that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.