Just give New world a go?

Yeah, has miqo’tes and vieras.

yes, but Vercallus said that long queues was something he/she expected, its the gameplay thats an issue, not the queue times. they didnt like the gameplay, just to clarify.

1 Like

I like bacon

Ok so, 38.35€ and no sub. I might give a go before christmas

1 Like

90% of my guild went there on release day, so I tossed my plans of waiting until Christmas out the window and I joined them. It is shockingly good, I did not expect it to be that good. I played it for 11 hours yesterday and 9 hours today (with 3 more hours of play time before going to bed, so it’ll be 12 hours). It never gets dull.

It goes to show that the problem isn’t the systems - NW has A TON of systems. WoW’s problem is that they design contrived, mobile-tier progression systems that only serve to maximize engagement and then somehow twist and shoehorn some kind of “lore context” to these systems.

In New World, you have a perfect mesh of gameplay and RPG context, where you just immerse yourself in the world and fun is had. And it manages to achieve this while being a stupidly easy game, definitely easier than WoW, at least so far. It’s just filled to the brim with interestingly designed systems.

WoW devs should ask themselves every time “How does this system enhance the RPG feel of the game”. Does a weekly system of gaining 2 renown levels do anything for the RPG feel? Nah. Archivist codex? Nah. Conduts? Nah. Torghast? It does nothing.

People say “Torghast was inspired by FFXIV”. I don’t think so. I think WoW’s entire gameplay design is inspired by mobile games - probably the games the devs play the most - and Torghast is simply the “Tower” that many games like AFK Arena have. I love mobile games, I play them all the time. But I’d rather not have to play them on my PC. And I’ve been saying this since BFA, but it is also true for Legion - WoW is designed like a mobile game.

New World is simply fun and I hate to admit it. I’ve been simping for WoW for so long and it might have lost me to that game.

3 Likes

the community is very helpful. you can ask anything you want within the game. also, the game explains everything you need to know.

the real thing about this game is skill in battle. pvp AND pve.
its a fun game, if you like this style of gameplay.

if you dont mind the 40$ for the game, then you should try it.

1 Like

New World is just a walking simulator

4 Likes

Dunno whats about it i just really don’t like what i’ve seen, and i gave final fantasy a shot because atleast it did stuff different, new world just feels like a more restricted wow thats more pvp focused if that makes sense

1 Like

Sorry No
I hate Pvp soo much so this game is not for me.
Too much focus on grps… it’s just not my type of game

OP was supposed to end subscription months ago, and here he is trash talking every day

Sad really

4 Likes

I thought this was Death Stranding.

Will definately give it a go. Maybe devs arent so out of touch there

2 Likes

I literally came to WoW forums today to find a New World post. Most fun I’ve had on an MMO in about 5 or 6 years.

Best way to describe New World is like a really modern Runescape crossed with WoW, crossed with Skyrim.

Only thing I feel New World misses are races. I really want to play a dwarf with a big axe and throwing hatchet. But a human will have to do!

Really enjoying it so far. Only level 16, love that there’s no need for alts and you can level up what ever skills you want.

3 Likes

80% of the gameplay is running from a to b.

No thx

1 Like

Seriously do one. This is the WoW forum. I ain’t defending anything. Just sick of kids winging and pointing out other games.

People are very capable of doing that themselves.

1 Like

its a good thing this forum is not only for you!. there was lots of ppl that found my post helpful or inspiring. stop being so selfish, and let ppl enjoy what they enjoy even if its anothet game.

That being said MY post had a name and you did not have to read it, it amzes why u even click ur way in here if u dont like reading about other games.

2 Likes

this is very true, so next content patch/expansion, maybe blizzard should hire a testing staff so there wont be any open beta/PTR at all. dont let guilds test any bosses. and see whos really good at games, instead of letting ppl do all content before its even out.

the whole thing is actually pathetic, if u spend a moment to think about it.

2 Likes

Brainless people probably need pointers yes but they’re too brain dead to even truly care.

read every post made here, and look at ppl u called braindead.

1 Like

I will call them braindead. Like this thread.

The topic of post was a warning for ppl like you, yet you clicked it!, i think you can claim your own title.