Kakio de la renard?

Agreed, that’s apples and oranges.

Still vaguely creepy though. Gonna agree with gobby on that one.

Thing is, if they’re on Btag, they’d have seen he has a rogue anyway!

it’d start entering creepy territory when you start keeping a whole spreadsheet of which character gets used how often on which days at what times.

Pressing 5 buttons to see who someone really is isn’t actually creepy.

3 Likes

Okay I will not further this discussion but that is just creepy to me.

Sadly not so much. This person did that before I ever logged onto my rogue. Haven’t done so in months. When I asked why the person did it, I got the answer “I was curious”.

He may well have been.
It’s not creepy, sure he could have just asked. But some people prefer to cut steps out. Don’t read too much into things.

You okay dude?
Also your alts are n- :boom::dizzy_face:

4 Likes

Dunno man. Sure seems like a lot of hassle to check through probably five different websites to figure out somebody’s alts.

Good use of Check pvp fr though. Definitely doesn’t look like a dodgy website what so ever. I hope you didn’t get any viruses from it or anything.

It’s one website, and a lot less dodgy than your seemingly naked character profile. :grimacing:

20 Likes

My alts are what? :CmonBruh: you can’t say the n word nearly like that.

Yes I am fine. Was just asking where people draw the line of this whole thing and I still think it’s weird to look up someone else’s characters.

I dont get why it unnerves you so much, it’s simply the end of a Scooby Doo episode where they unmask the bad guy.

Unless of course you’re the spooky bad guy.

4 Likes

Looking up someone’s RL information is creepy, but to know that this character is played by X person serves completely another purpose on a completely another level.

Though constant “gotcha!!!” moments like galford likes(-ed?) to do are more annoying and boring, rather than entertaining and useful.

14 Likes

Ooga Booga website cause virus don’t look up my characters. Simply breezy

4 Likes

‘‘And I would’ve gotten away with it too, if it wasn’t for you dastardly roleplayers!’’

2 Likes

Looking up peoples characters isnt the same as looking up where they live, phone number, etc.
Not as if people are going to do much with said information.

1 Like

Websites such as those also run of information from wow-armoury, so it’s not like its some hidden mega ddox shady thing. That site in particular runs the name via the armoury and matches it with any other characters that exist in their database/have been looked up before, by things like collections, achievements etc, all of which is public information on the regular armoury.

Good luck checking on my alts scrubs :dagger:

You are either Perroy or Tehya.

1 Like

It’s really a matter of respect for the people you discuss with.

I still find it a little paranoid/smug (the bad type of smug) to chase people’s alts all across websites to get some informations / have a gotcha moment. The first two or three times it was nice, but when everyone knows how it works, it’s not impressive, it’s just zzz.

3 Likes

To be fair though, a vast majority of time I see it actually brought up/used is when its a person activly hiding behind an altposter to fling muck/misinformation at a party they disslike, or a poster who has a really bad reputation on the server for numerous reasons, alot involving these discussions, hence why they altpost to try and get credibility or something, when they really shouldn’t have any.

6 Likes

Its a good tool to root out people who slander u on alts cus they got gkicked for dumb behaviour.

11 Likes