Kakio de la renard?

Hedgehogs are so much more interesting than youtubers.

Wild hogs are pretty timid as a general rule - usually if you can see one it’s a sign that it’s not well.

Pygmy hedgehogs can be trained to be used to being handled - Sebastian is used to me now, so doesn’t curl up if I stroke him (stroking a hedgehog feels like stroking a brush). He does huff a lot if you do something he doesn’t like and I wouldn’t call him very friendly; the only time he’s licked me was immediately before he chomped on my hand.

He’s cold and distant to his apprentices, and most loathe him for it. Believing him to not care and be living in the past, bitter and old Einari… they call him… but the only problem he has is caring too much…

I know nothing about hedgehogs, so getting known that they can lose their spikes due to stress is something I didn’t think could actually happen for w.e reason.

1 Like

This is a zoology thread now. I never knew that either. Suppose it’s the same as other animals losing fur due to the same thing. I had a Cali King snake a while ago and needed to give him to a pet/vet dude for a checkup. Turns out the other snakes were sick and infected him. RIP Dante. Meet you in the Shadowlands homeslice.

2 Likes

It does happen and it’s very sad.

Thankfully the hog who lost all his spines recently is slowly re-growing his.

I support the Zoology thread.

Fun fact, all the pigeons that you see in european cities are actually the descendants of domestic pigeons that have been abandonned. You can see that among things at the diversity of colors that can appears in a flock (while wild animals generally all have the same colors in a same specie/groupe, beside a few mutants.)
https://www.featurepics.com/StockImage/20120704/pigeons-feeding-stock-image-2275480.jpg
They’re also very intelligent for birds.

2 Likes

I’ll try and snap a picture at some point, but for the past 3-4 years, i’ve had a family of hedgehogs that live under my shed. They come out once in a while to forage for stuff in the garden and they are ADORABLE. They did not eat the cat-food we put out for them though :frowning: