Kaldorei emotional moment (spoilers)

I have heard it works in the real world - well, sometimes.

However, considering that said “human brotherhood” relies on other races of the Alliance - especially as far as canon fodder is concerned - it throws a rather poor light on said brotherhood to be so “ugly” about Alliance refugees. Would the “human potential” in you not agree? :slight_smile:

Indeed a very interesting viewpoint is yours.

I see them rather as peasants, (and some of them soldiers) who help us ignite the war machine led by humans, which will obliterte the horde invaders in Azeroth.

But after all, the nelves are focusing only to protect their filthy woods and they can’t even protect themselves, so I don’t see them as a strong, independent race/nation of the Alliance, but mere peasants with long ears. Mankind is somewhat merciful with such pityful creatures, so they can stay in Stormwind and enjoy our hospitality, but that is all. This is how I see them.

Well, according to the Elegy book, evacuation of the Gilneans was over a couple of days before Teldrassil was destroyed. So, there was no worgens that died there.
But, in the game, in pre-patch event, there actually were Gilneans in Darnassus, during rescue mission, when Darnassus was on fire. There even was one Worgen with “This Is Fine” meme there.

So, its hard to say, what is more Lore, the book or the game.

2 Likes

And don’t forget Queen Mia. She was there helping too with a little Gilnean girl

Ignite the war machine? led by humans?
Ahh, is that to say that you take responsibility for the aggression on your side of the fence?
Well, taking responsibility for one’s actions is the first step to improvement. Carry on, my man.

1. any sovereign nation has the right to protect its borders (and no, I am NOT a Faragist), i.e. Nelves protecting their forests is thus legit.

2. had the Nelves not gone to Silithus to protect human interests they would have had enough man power and Teldrassil would not have happened. Shame, they decided to help a weak king whose human brotherhood were lacking the balls to deal with their own petty tussles down south.

I think the word you were searching for is not merciful but exploitive, right? I mean, how can any refugee “enjoy” any hospitality while ploughing the fields of SW for zilch pay?

Looks like your “human brotherhood” lacks nobility of the heart. Would you not agree?

Ofc I won’t ignore the orcish threat and let them live in peace, after they invaded Azeroth, pillaged and burned half of it. Now they behave like nothing happened, they are just friendly tourists and want to live their miserable, animal-like life in those disgusting tents in a red desert in Kalimdor, what they call “home”. They have no place in Azeroth, and they must answer for their crimes against us. War is the only way to punish them properly, not “nobility”.

The night elves are just mere shadows of themselves. They have no military power, no home, not even a decent leader in my eyes and they killed several times humans as well, because they went into their useless woods. Tyrande went against the will of the king, when he ordered her to leave Darkshore and aid the Alliance forces on other fronts, which is a clear act of treason…After all, it is only a favor to let them enjoy the hospitality of Stormwind and not get hanged before the gates.

I mean.
Many of the orcs are probably too young to have even participated in that invasion, so they are not exactly behaving like nothing happened, they were never a part of it.

The ones who were part of it are written to have severe PTSD from it, immense regret and guilt to the point that they could barely sleep. Saurfang had to help many of the veterans through it.

You are forgetting that humans are taught to dislike orcs, like in history class and majority of elves were there given they live much longer. To them it does not matter. Take Illidan for example, he spent thousands of years hating legion and scheming here and there. If other races will simply pass these events onto their youngs, the hate will never end.

if the High Elves (Blood Elves) can get over their hatred for the orcs following the Second War, then so can the Night Elves.

Then again, as you say Illidan, it seems Night Elves are just a bunch of vengeful nasties.

Then again again, it is fair for Illidan to hate the Legion.

1 Like

Its not just Illidan, night elves are evolved trolls of course. I can name more “vengeful elves” let’s begin with Illidan, then Maiev Shadowsong, then Shandris Feathermoon, then Tyrande Whisperwind, crown it with Fandral Staghelm whos vengeance even led to a raid. Of course they refused to form an alliance in the beginning, they agreed after they failed to hold Ashenvale against Grom Hellscream.

1 Like

Surely you meant devolved?

2 Likes

And I forgot Azshara lol. Her vengeful drive always was beyond measure. Evolved or devolved, who knows. My point is that, behind all those fancy cities they had and all that high society glam, they are tribal and tribal usually means bloodthirsty right?

Tyrande is a sovereign equal, i.e. an ally which has the right to deploy her manpower as SHE sees fit, because she is responsible for HER people. (…and probably regretting having sent her troops to Silithus for that boy).
Same applies for everyone else. That is why Greymane, too, took his leave and chose to fight at the Nelves’ side when Tyrande opted for Darkshore. He, too, is an equal.
Just because Anduin bears the title “king” does not make him a ruler in the classical sense over the other leaders. Besides, he will never come close to his father’s authority. And even Varian did not rule over his allies.

Nope.

2 Likes

Sure. Next time we come around your town, set it ablaze, cook your kids and their mothers and see what happens!

2 Likes

Well it should, you cannot win a war with compassion, that never was a thing. I personally agree with Tyrande and Greymane in this.

That would be rude.

Night elves are xenophobic in first place, or were. They tried to keep to themselves at all costs in the past. They did not want to join alliance of “lesser” races. They were “forced” to reconsider this decision, after Grom invaded Ashenvale. And even then most of them believed, that they joined to teach and oversee the other races.

2 Likes

There is a contradiction in what you say, i.e. either you are xenophobic and want to keep to yourself or you are a “people’s person” who would not mind the task of “overseeing other races”. You cannot be both. It’s like an introvert applying for an extrovert’s job.

You know overseeing others is not exactly what people’s person would do. They reluctantly joined the Alliance seeking help, but they did so with belief they have something to teach the allied nations. But they were xenophobic. For them it wasn’t something good, more like “We are older, than these lesser beings.”

That is absolutely a lie! After Grom invade Ashenvale, Tyrande decided that there will be no peace with those lesser races. After Cenarius was defeated, it was Tyrande who led her forces AGAINST the Alliance and the Horde.
When Malfurion was awaken, he also agreed with Tyrande and also was fighting against the Horde and Alliance in a couple of missions.

Only in the end, when Malfurion had a plan how to stop the Legion, only then leaders of the Alliance and the Horde came and offer their help. The reason why Night Elves “reconsider their decision” was Burning Legion, and possibility to save the world.

And yet, we still do not have any information why Night Elves have joined the Alliance in Classic. Because after the battle for Hyjal mountains, in the “Frozen Throne” game times, Night Elves were still not in the Alliance.
The only information that we have is that Night Elves as a nation was suffering a terrible lose after losing immortality, and because of that Tyrande have ordered to open their doors to the other world.

4 Likes