Key Depletion needs to go away and here's why

Remove key depletion would solve most if not all of the toxicity in M+ pugging, not mention creating high barrier of entry for most players.

the idea of “risk and reward” its meaningless as its currently stands, i think we can all agree having the stress and time invested in a key not timing the keys is good enough risk and reward, hence, removing the toxicity from the game by removing key depletion

what do you think guys?

4 Likes

It will increase toxicity because key owners will just kick people or disband the group at the first mistake and start again with a new group.

4 Likes

100% agree…

This just makes it so no dungeon out of time will ever be finished, because why should we… infinite training on a dungeon difficulty till its perfected before actully trying to finish it ect.

While there is some ways the system could be improved, this is not one imho.

2 Likes

This. This will happen.

1 Like

rofl protecting the toxic system. insane. you are the reason the game is toxic.

This just makes it so no dungeon out of time will ever be finished, because why should we…

total fake argument. most people value the TIME they spent (you invest time to complete the dungeon), you finish the dungeon to see how the last boss feels (getting estimates on mechanics/damage) and to get loot, lol. you don’t finish it, if your primary goal is only to time it or it’s just “hopeless”. insane how people lie. does blizzard pay you?

I agree. I don’t see the issue with the key level staying the same for an untimed run.

They could also add more bonus currency for completing a run.

1 Like

they should remove the deduction in currency for not timing the run.
Blizzard basically tells you already to abandon the key as soon as you think you cannot time it.

1 Like

So? I’ll also leave if the group fails miserably. What’s the difference? Key depletion is a thing of the past

Wow. It took you more than 3 weeks to come up with that.

2 Likes

So your telling me that the future you propose is to have 9/10 runs disband in less than 10 minutes because some tiny tyni thing went wrong?

Instead of overcoming that and trying your very best to till the end to time it?

Kind of a sad world IMO.

2 Likes

In the German forum he is quicker with his insults and his trolling,…after all, he has to translate everything first… :wink:

1 Like

Look, I just came up with a compromise to your dilemma:

If you time someone else’s key, your key also gets upgraded. What would that sound?

So if you had a 20, but timed a 22 your key would upgrade to 22.

But we keep the depleates.

Not the worst idea, but I’d say your key gets the +1/+2/+3 of what you timed, up to a maximum of the one you timed.

Time a +22 with +1, your +10 key becomes +11. Time a +22 with +3, your +10 key becomes a +13. Time a +10 key with +3 and you have a +11 key, it stays +11. Time a +12 with +3 and you have a +10, it becomes +12.

2 Likes

Still valid proposition. Interesting.

I agree with OP and could add a few other reasons. We also should be able to change our key to some other dungeon (obv. the same level).

The general idea of M+ is getting better, stronger and pushing further. I don’t see why one has to complete a difficulty they already completed to have a chance at beating the difficulty they failed at. Its just time sink.

Its there, implemented by Blizzard, to make people repeat the same thing, similar to dailies, rep grinds etc. so we spend the max. amount of time in the game. Which shows us that their “respecting your time” argument is just a farce. It is both surprising and not. Surprising because one would think losing thousands of subs would make them learn and see their mistakes. Not surprising because, eh, KPIs and corporate greed.

1 Like

It would never work and has been explained why, multiple times. People maximise efficiency in a competitive game, and there ALWAYS be a most efficient reward/time dungeon, no matter how much you balance it.

Sure, leader board is a thing, but that would only mean that you have 10k keys for BRH, ranging between 2 and 27, and a hundred keys of all the other dungeons, 23+.

I feel like you misunderstood my comment? 'Cuz I don’t see how yours and mine are related.

Not impossible.

Were you not suggesting that we should be able to set our key to whichever dungeon we desire?

Meaning, we should be able to set any +16 key to a +16 BRH key.

That was one of the suggestions, yes.

Other suggestion was that the keys don’t deplete.

But I don’t understand how maximization of efficiency or a most effecient reward/time dungeon stuff you mentioned is related to that.

I am against removing depletion due to the fact that right now, if you have completed the run, you still get slot in the vault, items at the end, score and currency.

There must be a consequence of missing the timer, and this is a very small consequence already.

Regarding the ability to select the dungeon, I think I have put it clear enough.

If you allow that, people will only run the easiest and fastest dungeon 99% of the time.