Keystone level will continue to decrease by 1 per week until players again complete a higher level Keystone

In patch 9.0.5, next reset:
“The formula for determining the level of the first Mythic Keystone players receive each week has been adjusted. Previously, players would always receive a Keystone 1 level below the highest they’d completed so far in Season 1. After this change, Keystone level will continue to decrease by 1 per week until players again complete a higher level Keystone. For example, a player who completes a level 15 Keystone will receive a level 14 Keystone the following week. If they do not complete a 15 or higher Keystone that week, they will receive a level 13 Keystone the week after.”

The way that the mythic keystones has been working in Shadowlands was probably one of the best changes.

Why Blizzard? What was the reasoning behind this?

I personally dont think this is welcomed by anyone.

All it does is just making us consume more time when we take a short break from pushing keys in order to push them in later weeks. Additionally, this is especially alt-unfriendly.

3 Likes

Agreed. This is a completely strange change. So now if I go on vacation for a couple of weeks blizzard thinks I should be punished.

I suppose they don’t want me to return to the game. Good thinking…

Why was this even added???

Yea, having alts renown catchup and 197 gear attached to that is super unfriendly :roll_eyes:

If you actually do M+ this will change nothing.

it only punishes the people who do a weekly 14 and still can’t time it.

No… it punishes players that push keys, but do not want to push e.g. a 19 key every week.

For example, this week i did a 19 TOP with 4.5 seconds over which means I will get a +18 key next week which is the key level that im trying to push right now.
However, maybe I want to take a little break due to real life studies/work etc. or maybe I get caught up in other content or maybe I just want to do a chill week and help out guildies to get keystone master by doing 15s and 16s. Meaning that if i don’t do another 19 key next week, then the following week I will be left with a 17 key, which is useless for my progression.

It is not the end of the world obviously, but it basically means that if I want to push my key I will need to spend more time ingame time doing mythics than before this change and if I have to spend more time doing mythics than before, it is taking away time that I would like to spend pursuing other types of content like RBGs.

TLDR: The new keystone system is just removing a quality of life change that came with SL, which was something that people, including myself, actually appreciated.

1 Like

It means you have to do one extra key in your scenario. Perhaps once every second week.

What a disaster.

1 Like

Like I said it is not the end of the world, but it is still annoying since the majority of people were happy with the change how keystones work in SL. Why change something that people like? There is really no reason to change it back to BFA style.

1 Like

more artificial changes to increase in game time

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.