Change to Keystone Formula in 9.0.5

why it is terrible change ? bcs u cant do +15 only once and getting +14 everytime after?

If only you could read… :confused:

3 Likes

I am completely baffled as to why this change was needed. Why is it even that keys can deplete?

This change only punishes people who went on vacation or took some time off - if I have to come back from my vacation and find my key level has been reduced by several levels, does that encourage me to come back?

No… that might actually instead tell me that I should go play another game!

1 Like

I can read. But i also can be objective. Of anything, this is valid change.

It seems every time they make an improvement to how mythic plus keystones work they take it away again.

The system where we could destroy a key and get a new one before the end of the dungeon was a great improvement, they removed it.

This system where we didn’t have to keep re-pushing keys weekly, was a great improvement, removed it.

We are just not allowed to have nicer things.

15 Likes

yeah why? This change is so dumb :frowning: I can’t imagine anyone wants this…

3 Likes

What Blizzard need to revert back to BFA is how the loot system works in M+. i.e. You run a M+ and you have a better chance at getting an item.

Also, have the loot more meaningful by making loot drops a more meaningful ilvl. i.e 210 at the end of a +15 is pointless. Make it 5 levels lower than the vault, not 16.

have you read the rest of the patch notes? you will be able to upgrade that gear to 220 now

I disagree. Of anything, having to push each week it’s maybe a pain but sure makes for better players, instead of getting boosted once and milk on that forever.
There are always complaint about people getting more reward than effort, this is the right change.

Yes, and it’s better than what it was, but still not good enough.

My statement still stands.

Just gotta get it to actually drop first… Give us back justice points too and a vendor to target those items that just never drop

5 Likes

It is not only tedious for people who push e.g. +18 keys but take a break for two weeks and only do some 14s for the GV… it is also very punishable for any alts that you have.
Blizzard don’t really seem to care about the issue with boosters and I’d rather keep the shadowlands keystone way rather than going back to BFA style, because I don’t think it will change anything in terms of how much boosters are spamming trade and LFG anyway.

There are other threads about loot drops and valor points system. This thread is specifically about the keystone formula and I would suggest sticking to that.

1 Like

You’re still missing the point. There are many flaws which should be fixed or tweaked asap and instead Blizzard ignores most of them and comes up with ‘nerf’ to something no one asked for. It’s not about JUST this change, it’s about prioritizing wrong stuff at wrong time. I’d would first fix stuff that annoys most players THEN bring such changes. Imagine you’re hungry, you’re getting bread and cheese and someone takes the cheese, you’re getting mad and someone comes with “omg it’s just a cheese, people will whine about everything”.

2 Likes

Did i miss in the patch notes what the cost is of the upgrades to 220? I see a weekly cap and a cap on the amount you can hold. But i have no idea how much we get from the dungeons and callings and what the costs are.

Ontopic; i don’t really care about it. I didn’t knew even the change to SL since i do every week the same or higher than the next week.

1 Like

You’re the one who mentioned you will be able to upgrade gear. You’re the one who opened up that discussion so you don’t get to tell others to stick to the topic if you don’t.

I was simply commenting on your post.

that revert back is best thing … AND THAT IS END OF STORY …

Yes, it’s about what Blizzard are doing to Fix Mythic Keystones. I am getting bringing this discussion up, to remind everyone that Blizzard is wasting time with pointless systems, rather than resolving the real issues of the game.

I think this is part of Blizzards tactic when “listening to our feedback”:
step 1) Do something surprising that all players will dislike.
step 2) Wait for the forums to flow over.
step 3) Revert the proposed change and keep it as it is.
step 4) Claim how much you are listening to community feedback and pat yourself on the back.

bad change :frowning:

2 Likes

Trash change.

Just like nerfing deleting keys in bfa.

2 Likes