Kick macro bot bug exploit

i want help with this ive talked with chat gpt about this but need help from devs.

Based on the provided text from Blizzard’s Terms of Service, the macro you asked about earlier seems to be in compliance and unlikely to result in a ban. The macro doesn’t violate any of the limitations set forth:

1. It is not a derivative work, nor does it reverse engineer or modify the game code.
  2. It is not a cheat, bot, or hack, and it does not exploit any in-game bugs for an unfair advantage.
  3. It doesn’t involve any prohibited commercial uses like selling in-game items or currency.
  4. It is not used for unauthorized esports or group competitions.
  5. It does not use any cloud computing or data mining techniques.
  6. It doesn’t duplicate in-game items by exploiting flaws or bugs.
  7. It doesn’t disrupt or undermine the game experience for other players.

However, it’s important to note that terms and rules can change, and interpretations can vary. Always make sure you are up to date with the most current Terms of Service. Failure to adhere to their policies could result in penalties, including account suspension or banning.

but it is a bug ingame, can u argue that it is a bug?

ChatGPT

If the macro is exploiting an in-game bug, then using it could be a violation of Blizzard’s Terms of Service, specifically under the “Cheating” section where it mentions that methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, including “exploits of any in-game bugs,” could lead to a suspension or revocation of your license to use the Platform.

In that case, it’s advisable to avoid using the macro until the bug is fixed by Blizzard or it is otherwise clarified to be acceptable use. Using macros or other methods to exploit in-game bugs can lead to penalties, including account suspension or banning.

#showtooltip Muzzle /run if not (UnitCastingInfo(“target”) or UnitChannelInfo(“target”)) then ClearTarget() end; /cast [@target, exists, nodead] Muzzle /stopmacro [exists] /targetlasttarget

ChatGPT

If this macro exploits an in-game bug, then using it could be considered a violation of Blizzard’s Terms of Service under the “Cheating” section. This could result in penalties such as account suspension or banning.

The macro is designed to use the “Muzzle” ability (presumably an interrupt) on a target that is casting or channeling a spell. If the target is not casting or channeling, it clears the current target. The macro also returns your target to the last target you had if the “Muzzle” ability was not used. While it seems to automate certain steps for efficiency, if any part of it is exploiting an in-game bug, it would be against Blizzard’s terms.

If you’re unsure, it’s always safest to consult Blizzard’s most current Terms of Service and, if still in doubt, reach out to Blizzard directly for clarification.

i want to know if i can use this macro or if this is a bug or nott. i want a fast reply so i can start using it if its allowed.
Ref; venrukis new youtube video for more info pleeas-…

1 Like

Your best bet is to make a GM ticket and ask, currently it can be considered both exploit or clever macro use as there isn’t any real answer out;

PvE’ers have also used similar for ages without getting punished, guardian druids even using a dream of cenarious macro to bypass shifting out of bear.

can you help me ask GM since i cant go ingame at the moment.

precog leaves the chat

Regarding the Terms of Service. Article 7 takes the form of a general clause, with the purpose of fighting different kinds of exploits not mentioned in articles 1-6. As such, this kick macro would be caught by article 7, because this macro without any doubt disrupts/undermines the game experience for other players. Ask yourself, what effect does this macro have on casting spells in this game?

It is unlikely that the AI would be able to interpret the coverage of article 7. Also note how the AI avoids making a definitive statement by saying that it “seems to be in compliance” and that “interpretations can vary”.

Of course, this still requires that Blizzard cares enough to enforce their own rules. But it’s not safe to use it, to answer your question.

But it does heavily disrupt and undermine the game experience for other players, especially for casters who don’t have several schools of magic. Kicks would need to get massively nerfed if this is about to stay.

I also wouldn’t rely on an AI for that, it’s up to the devs if people get banned for this or not. Imo it shouldn’t be allowed.

Well, one could argue that if such a macro is available for all players to write and use, it isn’t punishable really.

Blizzard is fully capable of disabling specific macros that should work if they want to. For instance you cannot use a macro to target Grounding Totem, despite the macro for it being very simple to write. It just doesn’t work even with the correct syntax.

If this kick macro indeed works and hasn’t been disabled in instanced PvP then it isn’t the player’s fault in any way, but an oversight on the part of the development team.

Also, if such a thing isn’t forbidden in PvE because it doesn’t “disrupt other player’s experience”, how is a PvE player with no idea about PvP and it’s rules supposed to know that he has to remake his bars without the macros he plays with every day just to play an arena match ? Should they all be banned ?

As much as I’m really disappointed to learn of such a macro because it inevitably means people have been using it, which is somewhat cheating imo, I don’t believe the fault & responsibility falls on players on this one.

1 Like

if this stays (i hope not) they just have to remove precog and put every cd long cd short duration so u actually have to think when you kick

The fault is players for using it since they are fully aware how much it affects the game.
The responsibility is on blizzard to act on it and make a statement if it should be in the game or not.

3 Likes

The fact that this macro works for your target, but no on focus or arenatarget implies heavily that it is indeed an oversight or even a bug in which case it would brake ToS for sure.
Players are walking on thin ice here and i wouldn’t risk a ban.
Could be absolutely wrong tho since it has even been used on AWC without any consequences.

They were apparently told it wasnt allowed but did it without punishment yea.

But man, that macro would literally make it easier to just train the healer since he can never fake it unless he has more schools and the target will never get precog.

If it doesnt get fixed or is allowed, you will be less inclined to ever play hard-casters or one school healers again xd

1 Like

Playing Arms or WW right now isn’t considered bug abuse when it clearly affects the game with 200k hits left and right baked in the normal PvE rotation (that already is made of 4 buttons too), so… not sure I agree !

Because using a macro that you can spam and it wont activate the interrupt unless the person is casting is what I see as bypassing a mechanic that shouldnt be allowed at all in PvP, personally shouldnt even be allowed in PvE. Since it removes a core thing about gameplay called “risk and reward”. All it gives is reward.
With the introduction of Precog it should have been even more telling that kind of macro shouldnt exist since it would be even easier to train certain things in 3s without even risking any precogs.
Interrupt → stun/interrupt → Stun → Disorient → Interrupt up again etc.

While arms/ww hitting hard with normal rotation is overtuned its not a “bug abuse”. Its abusing FOTM which blizz allows by having some kind of issues… Srs issues.
Just as they allowed hard ret abusers in 10.7 and even wanted it to last longer even when they can do hotfixes instantly.

I mean … if, without any macro even, you spam Polymorph on someone it will not activate and DR itself up until the newly cast Polymorph lasts longer than the remaining duration. And this was a change made by Blizzard sometimes in the past. Logically, it should instantly apply and DR itself. But it doesn’t, allowing Mages to spam Polymorph someone to be 100% sure to catch the dispel/trinket without hurting their DR despite spamming brainlessly. And that is just one example. It is that way with many CC spells in the game. Sap, for instance. If you SPAM Sap on a sapped target it will not go off until the duration is shorter than the DR Sap you’d apply. This makes it super easy to Sap a trinket off another Sap because you literally only need to spam Sap for a couple seconds when you know the other guy has to trinket. Long gone are the days where sapping a trinket was a display of both great prediction and reaction. Again, it’s just another example. There are many.

They like that sort of behavior that over casualizes the game. I would only be half surprised if one day they made it so you can only press kick on targets that cast.

1 Like

I wouldnt be overally surprised either, and alot of things doesnt make sense with the game sure.
But if you are saying the macro is legit while they also introduced precog… Im not too sure anymore, since precog if the macro is used by everyone, is beyond worthless x)

And considering interrupts are off GCD, you could even potentially put that macro into every single attack you have so you dont even need to press the actual interrupt if you want it to be even more casual (for certain melees) xd

While that is true, it’s also important to remember WoW is a PvE game first and precog is a relatively new thing, this type of macro however isn’t new, as stated further above, it’s been used on AWC without consequences too.

That’s why it’s in the grey of whether it’s bug/exploit or just clever macro use (IMO at least)

Ideally, people should make tickets to GMs to get clarification on it, and to draw attention to it so that if it does count as a bug or exploit, it can be fixed.

I mean, ven said that AWC players have been told they werent allowed to use it. They still did and didnt get punished.
But in everything that comes with blizzard, is that they are one of the worst company when it comes down to actually acting on things thats clearly bug or exploits xd

Macro isnt new, but if it was allowed everyone would have used it from day 1 and it would been widely spread to every single person. Which it isnt but it will keep growing now for sure since its getting alot more news on it.

If theres something thats known and even if its an exploit/bug they will heavily use it and will get a slap on the wrist if its bannable.

If they allow a macro that makes precog useless, then the question comes why precog was created in the first place? To troll players? =p

They just said on Twitter that they will address the issue :laughing:

2 Likes

And that’s one of the big issues with macros, as he also goes to say, if you know how to write a good macro, you can do crazy conditional macros, but they’ve existed since forever so it feels odd to call it a bug or exploit now. (He even gives other examples in the video, no?)

That is if people knew about it, conditional macros aren’t new and have been used for -ages-, hell, in the past you could make absurd cast sequence macros too, which people also used.

We literally just went over this.

If Blizzard doesn’t think it’s fair (Which it isn’t) They can easily change code so it doesn’t work, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it was a bug prior.

That’s good, means it got enough attention, but I also doubt anyone will be punished for having used it, but I guess we can look towards Jaime to see if he does (As he’s one of the known players using it) :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

I honestly pray for it lol. And I know sequence macros and all that also exist, which I also dont feel is fair but yea, I guess it depends on who looks at it.

But man, I do hope they say its a bug/exploit and ban ppl and jaime being the first so ppl actually see its punishable :beers: