Killing Sylvanas is the only reasonable option for her story going forward

Blizzard, you tried and you failed. Sylvanas is just another pathetic horde war criminal that never achieved anything more than causing mass murders of innocents and destruction of Azeroth.

You have been very clear with who Sylvanas is for several years now: Evil, remorseless, selfish, controlling piece of trash. Just because you know decided that you don’t like the story you’ve been writing for her for like 10 years doesn’t mean the playerbase is going to accept it. You can’t simply go and completely change what a character is, when the roots of that character and their personality go 20 years in history and if you do, anyone with just tiny bit of connection to the lore is not going to go with it.

Let’s go over few Sylvanas’ qualities that have been made VERY clear.

1. She feels no remorse whatsoever over giving command to burn thousands of innocent civilians alive. She is fully aware that this is exactly what happened during war at Quel’Thalas to her people, but she’s still happy with her achievement of committing genocide and of the fact that she’s done exactly what the Lich King did

2. She feels no remorse over torturing or enslaving people, like Derek or those npcs that were forced to make weapons and new blight for her.

3. The only time Blizzard actually mentions Sylvanas feeling bad is for herself, because she is an undead and can’t feel the joy of life anymore. That’s the single time she felt bad for something, and it was for herself.

4. When horde burned Teldrassil, she stood and smiled. Says enough about her

Just because now she’s starting to feel bad or whatever., I wouldn’t even call it that, because it’s more that she feels bad for herself specifically, again. Doesn’t make a good plot of giving her a redemption story arc or forgiving her, that would be the biggest joke Blizzard pulled on the community so far.

If blizzard actually doesn’t kill her in the raid, it will be ANOTHER huge middle finger for the Alliance and let me tell you, as someone who’s been closely following the story even back when I didn’t even play the mmorpg, this will be the last straw for me personally, because Blizzard, all you do is take from us, and give us back chewed up pieces.

I couldn’t care less what she plans or what she’s about to do. Nothing will erase the disgusting crimes she’s committed alongside horde and the least you can do is give us JUSTICE

13 Likes

There is no way to “reasonably” continue her the story at all. Or the story in general, really. Quibbling if Sylvanas should die or whatever is just asking if you want your turd with sprinkles or not.

2 Likes

Doesn’t need to die, as long as she goes away.

2 Likes

I’m with you on the sentiment, but it isn’t as if any of the other characters and villains they might focus on after her show more promise…

No, evil deserves to be punished, either let her die or rot in chains in the maw forever with the emphasis that she is there forever and unable to ever return or be saved

2 Likes

Fine. As long as she goes away. And I mean “goes away”. Not like Arthas who they are semi-resurrecting with Anduin’s “what could have been” story.

1 Like

Knowing that sylvanas would be suffering every time I would think about her is actually more satisfying fate than death, I hope Tyrande doesn’t get carried away and lets her to be embraced by this fate.

1 Like

No, just get her out of my face.

2 Likes

You still whining in the forums about sylvanas?

We did talk before and i noticed your alliance shattered EGO crying about genocides while you requested a genocide against orcs for something that happened like 10 years ago :joy:

3 Likes

for all zoomers like the op*

who’s/who’re*

Sylvanas*

hahahaha

inbred*

for tomorrow’s school* OR for school tomorrow*

Maybe you should go back to school, Redantro…Or else just don’t tell people to do so or attack them personally, that’s also a possibility.

Cheers :wink:

1 Like

Personal attacks seem to theme nowadays in many of the Story forums’ definition of discussion topics.

2 Likes

So far the only place where I saw the topic of Sylvanas was touched is a gamereactor interview, and even there it’s as vague as usual:

We know there’s been a ton of build up for this moment, to confront Sylvanas, and even from a design perspective, there’s been so much awesome stuff to pull from, and we’re really excited for players to confront her. We know there’s a lot of players that really want her to face justice, while others just want their queen back, but there’s a lot of twists and turns yet to come.

© M. Day

When Anduin comes back and delivers the key to the Jailer, you can see in Sylvanas eyes that she’s still conflicted, and this will be a big part of our story as Chains of Domination unfolds. This is the first time we’re showing what Sylvanas true motivations are, and players will have a better understanding of why she did what she did, but that doesn’t excuse her. She still burned Teldrassil, she’s still guilty of many deaths, and she still has a lot to answer for. We’re not forgetting that and we won’t be giving Sylvanas a pass. When someone does what she did, it can’t be as simple as ‘oh, she did this one thing and now she’s redeemed’. That’s not the story we’re telling, but it is something that we will address throughout Chains of Domination and also in the future

© S. Danuser

https://www.gamereactor.eu/wow-shadowlands-chains-of-domination-preview-and-interview/

/offtop

Is Sylvanas encounter worth trying to gear up and attempt eventual mythic kill, I wonder :thinking:

Most people never figured out that it’s possible to distinguish people and what they do, and critisize the things done without making it personal.

And it does not help the situation that frequently feedback is ignored, and this approach shown by “big” companies, seen by many as example of success, ripples over the rest of communities, and further down the line from there. IMO.

gl hf

2 Likes

You are horde your opinion about lore has 0 value

3 Likes

Yep, only your opinion matters because X Y Z reasons demanding a genocide while crying for one :laughing:

1 Like

I’m actually quite surprised that Northuldra, is able to post anything on the forums.

Someone pointed it out before, but due to the lack of moderation in this forum, there is nothing stopping them to do so. Apart from things like common sense and general courtesy, but apparently who needs that?

Easier to make unnecessary argumentation by making personal attacks as if they contribute to something meaningful.

:roll_eyes:

random thoughts directed nowhere

It’s sometimes possible to take something useful even out of seemingly questionable posts. How people feel about certain aspects of the story is a valid feedback. Which has a problem of not having actually confirmed feedback channels to begin with.

Like, where would I say that I felt let down by the ending of the kyrian main story, or that I enjoyed interactions with brokers? The answer is… Well, there isn’t one as far as I’m aware.

Now, speking of posters who are viewed through these lenses, be it @Northuldra, @Liira, @Everien, @ Rondakungfu, or any other who got flack, it’s not like it’s completely impossible not to escalate emotional discussion. Or to have some chat to find what and why people actually feel about things.

Not that people can’t feel offended or confused by such posts, but also, there is no usable feedback channel. Or maybe some people just need a word of positivity. One never know.

tl;dr: some messages might have a gnarly look, but there still could be something useful to find. Maybe that require some kind of specific state of mind / approach though, idk. Maybe I’m just used to world falling apart around, so things happening of these forums do not look like anything special.

gl hf

1 Like

Again you are a horde

1- She is the coolest character after Arthas
2- She helped the two faction to continue fighting each other, instead of “lived happily ever after” . Maybe we should ask for Garrosh’s return.

PS: Blizzard fked the lore. Like a very bad sequel.

Oh i forgot that you cry about genocides, demand a genocide and at the same time prohibit the opposite faction to talk about rules :laughing: