Kul Tiran Shamans: How do they work?

What’s the lore reasoning behind them?

Are they shamans like other shamans in WoW or are they somewhat related to the Kul Tiras questlines?

2 Likes

They appear to be some form of tidesage

Ah. I’m not exactly sure because, when I thought of them being a tidesage esque type of character I think about the arcane bridge they make & the arcane stuff they have in the Shrine of the Storm dungeon + a portal trainer in Boralus that’s a tidesage + an enchanting trainer. Hence why I’m not exactly sure ^^

Pretty sure they’re supposed to be the Tidesages, as they are fairly close to shamanism, just focusing on Air and Water.

3 Likes

the evil Tidesages in Stormsong also use totems.

Tidesages seem to be a mixture of mage and shaman.

5 Likes

Aye. They’re very interesting to say the least.

I’m just not sure now how far fetched it’d be to play a kul tiran shaman IC as well. Maybe if they learned it through other means.

Dark blue shamans

Brother Pike seems to be able to use lightening and water at least, so you could RP a shaman as a Tidesage, although I suppose as others have pointed out, you could play a mage to RP them as tidesages too, can wear robes too for the aesthetic.

3 Likes

Brother Pike points out in a quest that Tidesages use all 4 elements, so they’re pretty much just shaman through a Kul Tiran cultural lense with a heavy emphasis on water.

3 Likes

Tidesages most likely…
As they call on storm, water, wind…
And what Teralyn said also :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you link said quest? Aids in future discussions.

1 Like

I have tracked a tidesage to a camp nearby. He has been staying there with his family.

Be warned, tidesages are powerful foes. They have mastery over all the elements, and some even manipulate the Void.

If this man is with his family, it means he may not give up so easily.

Let us hope he’s smart enough to keep them out of this.

Come.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/No_Price_Too_High

My bad it was Rexxar

7 Likes

this makes me very happy, ty for sharing this source.

The voice doesn’t matter. Only the facts!
Thanks Telly bbz x

1 Like

Thank you all for your help!

I know what I might make with my Kul Tiran then :slight_smile:

Lots of thanks for all the tidesage related matters that I did not know much about as well!

2 Likes

I’d say they’re the equivalent to Priest and Paladins, but to the Tide religion instead of the Light. Mages are the casty kind (Priests) and Shamans are the smashy kind (Paladins). That’s just my opinion though.

Lorewise? They’re meant to directly represent Tidesages (as does their Priests and Mages). Since they do not have a standing church of the holy light, nor a mage tower (academy). Frost mage, shadow priest and whatever shaman represent tidesages.

Game mechanics, well sh*t they now have mages, shaman and priests and you may as well start thinking of it like Legion, when they started combining all those subcategories to mean the same thing.

Did a bit of digging of my own and found this;
`https://wow.gamepedia.com/Tidesages#Description

Granted, it’s from a wiki and therefor can’t be counted as 100% true lore facts. It looks as if Shamans are closer to Tidesages than the Mages are. Priests seem to be a close second given the more ceremonial aspects of it.

Again, can’t stress this point enough, it’s only a wiki therefor not entirely concrete.

1 Like

I think one aspect that is also important about Tidesages being related to shamans, is their work with spirits. We’ve all known that shamans can commune with the spirits of not just the elements, but of their ancestors and other deceased aswell.

Meanwhile we’ve also seen Brother Pike doing this during a quest, where you let the souls stream away along the river.

5 Likes

Cloth wearing Shaman with ceremonial Priest aspects.

Unless you want to go full void and play a corrupted Tidesage with Shadow Priests.

They’re also specifically described as “Water priests”, so there is some sort of hierarchy not seen amongst Shaman.