Lack of interest in playing wow recently

Hello there my good forum people and friends i am slowly but surely losing interest and passion in playing this game.

• I run out of content to do because I finish all the solo emissary and grind rep content and without people to have fun and communicate with I lose interest it’s no fun being solo and then I end up playing single player rpgs at the end of the day.

• Any new person I recruit into my community does not last long it’s not me for real because they all say I’m very social and kind and have a sense of humor.But they either join to leech of me or they quit after a month of play they lose interest and they stay offline recently I got one very kind and lovely person into my disc community a saving grace but i need more people in order to keep my interest in wow who won’t ditch me after a short time.

• Tried making some friends here on the forums but they either have their closed off group of friends and I’m shy of asking to join their wow community on my Yolandass and fear of them being just either quiet or not what my expectations are.

So at this point I am desperate for some community to join and make new long lasting friends that would make me stay in this game and not play solo because if I do I would quit this game soon thank you for reading this :disappointed_relieved::frowning: since my friend recently left me yet again I am back at 0.

19 Likes

I hear you…

The only thing i try to do lately are some old raids, especially legion raids. I try to get people to run heroics with so if our up for it gimme a shout, its fun doing them as duo’s. Twiluna#21422

Plus getting phased into Argent Dawn would be a fun experience for you i think :smiley: (rp aspect)

4 Likes

Is this your main?

I thank you for this chance I will take it meine freund.

2 Likes

Oh wait you have a AD alt aswell :smiley: Noice!

1 Like

No not atm I use him for forums only Yolandass is my main now.

What type of content do you like to do? Are you solely on Alliance? You seem like a really nice and kind person from your forum posts (you’re one of the people who have liked my posts the most!) so it makes me sad to hear that you aren’t enjoying the game. But I get it - it’s so much more enjoyable with people to play with and even just to talk to. A lot of my guild mates and friends left during BfA so it’s hard to keep enthusiasm when you don’t have people to play with. I barely touched m+ in seasons 1 and 2, mainly because there was no one to run it with. And my guild went from getting Curve every tier in Legion to barely getting 10 people together to finish normal in BfA. Fortunately the new guild finder has helped us to recruit some new people and we’re able to raid regularly once again (as well as do m+ and visions and other stuff together).

As I play almost exclusively horde (I do have a few Alliance 120s but haven’t touched them since 8.3), I have no idea if I’d be any use, but feel free to add me Ceran#21157

3 Likes

Why? Are these friends quitting the game, the guild? Are they moving on? Do you spam them 24h7? Just trying to figure out if this might be a “you” problem?

Tbh, I have a friend, also tired of Warcraft…but instead of quiting he spams me 24/7. He expects me to entertain him. I now need to hide offline. All in all…if you are bored…quit. Don’t expect people to keep you entertained.

They are quiting the game I am not a creep I don’t disturb every single person when I am bored it’s more off we play together for some time we have fun then they end up quiting the game and I am back to square one in game and there is a small truth to what you said because I am a super social person and my fun is communicating with people when we play together and when they are offline too long I lose interest because I completed every solo content there is.

Judging from my experience the best way to find friends or people to play with it’s by Raiding, M+ pushing or rated PvP.

I’m not sure if people are interested in farming old content in groups. You can solo most activities.

If you’re interested in achievement farming you could try to join a community and find people there, for some achievement to need one or multiple people (for instance most of the new Glories achievements).

Or you could take a break and return when Shadowlands will come out, with a new expansion launch many return to the game.

1 Like

You are right on this.

Here’s a list of content I like

• Low mythic dungeon keys I am unable atm to push higher then 6 lack of skill.

• Normal raids to do onec in a while

• doing solo emissary rep grind content with someone :grin: to help me finish it faster.

• Just leveling alts with people.

• currently looking to find a partner for visions because mage is poop for it need a tank to be able to do that content.

And many more things.

In that case you need to look for more active long term players. Try applying to a raiding guild with your main. If you completed all the solo content in 8.3 your cloak should be lvl 10+ and just from the emissary gear you get your ilvl should be near 450…more than enough to do N’ylotha normal.

You can add me on bnet but I’m a solo player, I can’t do group content because I’m too easily confused and mess up :rofl:

I’m usually around just for a quick hello though :smile:

Nefaryas#2217

I do a lot of emissaries on my hunter atm and if our lovely daestra is still here for the next event I’m sure she wouldn’t mind you joining us for some love rocket runs too (hint hint daestra don’t quit!!)

6 Likes

I have problems with doing cloack thing to weak for that looking for a player to help me with that it’s currently just plus 2 atm and I’m not looking to leech of someone for content I’m looking for friends who will stay in contact online after we finish playing content for that day I don’t wanna be another pug to them.

You could try to apply to a raiding guild as a social or a pure social/leveling guild.
Guilds can be a great method to find long term friends.
Finding friends by queuing random content could take quite a while.

You could also try to post on ‘Finding new friends’ thread.

1 Like

Yeah, the visions can be nasty depending on your class/spec - and if you have one failed run if can really sent your confidence. I’m really happy about the changes for tanks and healers as I run visions solo on my disc priest and it’s slow going!

Well we can do solo emissary content and farm some dungeons and raids for transmogs together :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

2 Likes

Go invisible, skip all mobs right up to the 2 guards outside main boss room. Sheep one…kill them both. Kill the boss…burn him down. You only need to kill the main boss for the first 5 lvls of your cloak. I know warlocks that play casual and they are pushing solo cloak lvl 10. Just look up a few solo guids for Horrific visions. They are the most fun I had solo since mage tower in legionm

1 Like

Hey mate. Guild. Join a guild.

A fun guild is 90% of the WoW experience for me

1 Like

Halicos, matey, here my btag: don’t esitate to call me if you need something :slight_smile:
grigua59#2504

2 Likes