Lack of Tank Issue

I am Spartacus

I just want group finder. No more spamming LFG, no more having to PAY tanks to PLAY the game (aka, join your group). No more reserving. No more greed. Iā€™m tired of this community. Just like, play the game. If you donā€™t win the item you want then maybe next time you will. The entitlement and greed that infests the Classic community has reached unreal levels.

Hum lets go for this scenario, you want a tank for heroic underbog or slave pens 2 dungeons that dont have any plate epics at all (and no good loot for druid tanks ether), if you dont know a tank who is willing to help you then there is no reason for any tank to actually come and tank any of those dungeons at all unless they are helping another person in the group that they know or for slave pens for the t5 attunement or right now the event boss. If you pay the tank that would actually be a reason for the tank to step in there even when they dont have anything els to do in there. You personaly seem to think you are entitled to have someone tank for you without offering the tank anything really for their time and most likley suffering seeing as in pugs wipes happen way more often and people are way less nice to each other in a pug than in a guild group for example.

2 Likes

Barely, It kinda worked in Wotlk because heroics were piss easy but your average player wonā€™t be able to tank TBC heroics.

Itā€™s just gonna make the life of us who regularly tank easier

For normal dungeons sure, but for heroics you will face 1+ hour queues as a DPS because good tanks will still handpick their own heroic groups leaving you with lesser tanks in queue.

Random loot bag worth 10g for completing dungeons as a tank is not worth it when I can complete the dungeon 30 minutes earlier without any wipes and repair costs.

Underbog actualy have good items for druid tank and give cenarion rep, get your point but you gived bad example

1 Like

as a prot pala main, i have full badge gear, and no upgrades left in hc, i exlusively tank for guildies, and only if they are members that i know or willing to come on discord
last time i tanked for a pug was in ohf hc, and we wiped 3 times to slayers at last boss because the damn warlock didnt have fear on his bars and didnt want to use it. i had to tell him that if he doesnt fear next try not only im leaving the party, i would also personally find his gm and get him kicked for incompetence

There is no solution other than dual spec because you need only 2-3 tanks for 25 ppl raid, while in dungeons you need 1 tank for 5 ppl. This means that 40-60% of tanks will not be sought after in raids and it makes no sence for players to play tanks if you cannot get into 25 ppl raids.

dual spec doesnt create more tanks, it just lets potential tanks have a pve dps spec and a pvp dps spec lol

1 Like

or pve dps and pve heal/tank of person dosenā€™t like pvp and tired of constantly waiting for tanks. Blizz can also reduce the cost of respeccing.

What is Blizzard going to do? The tank shortage isnā€™t fixed by easier grouping via LFG, Tanks already have the easiest time grouping, they can log in at any time and find a group pretty much right away. The tank issue is a lack of tanks, which is due to numerous problems.

1. Tanks gear faster through dungeons than other roles, they stop doing dungeons faster.
  2. Tank specs farm/quest slower so less incentive to be tank during that gameplay phase
  3. Tanking is by far the highest skill role, itā€™s intimidating for some players.
  4. Players generally have no consideration for the tanks job/gameplay, making tanking sometimes more stressful, many players who could tank would overwhelmingly prefer not to.

Your system about badges is a disaster, play an alt to farm badges for your main? It doesnā€™t fix any of the issues and results in you not earning gear on the char youā€™re playing, horrible idea. There is a player developed solution to the problem, you pay nethers/gold/greens whatever to the tank as an incentive. Dual-spec would improve issues, but not fix them, LFG would do nothing because it doesnā€™t create more tanks.

4 Likes

The lack of tanks is cause of the things we mentioned. And there is no fix for it other than giving a loot box or another bonus of some sort to them.

Or dual spec would make it a bit better

Ofc itā€™s not your fault so why should you get punished for it? You shouldnā€™t.
Just let them have the aggro - if these DPS play like this then they obviously want to tank themselves.
They will learn from their mistakes and if not you can leave this group because you will find a new one very easily.

Honestly, itā€™s the lack of rewards in doing dungeons after you already gotten your badge items. We are at a point of the game, were I myself have decked out two characters and there is literally no point in going in dungeons with them.
There are plenty of tanks, they just donā€™t want to do dungeons anymore.

there fixed it most of us are fine with helping out guildies who need it

1 Like

Dps can kind of blame themselves for the sorry state of things.
Most pugs are indeed horrible to tank for, and worse, some of them even have an attitude with it where they blame the tank for their miserable play.

That being said, I do still tank for pugs - but now for a price.
Iā€™ve started to make some decent money off of it, but most pugs still refuse to pay 50-100g for a tank.
Which might sound expensive, but itā€™s honestly way more efficient than sitting in queue while you could have farmed that gold in far less time than you spent sitting in the queue, and instead spent a part of that money to get yourself an instant T4-geared tank.

1 Like

I wonder why tank do not want to tank, especially when they ā€œjustā€ have to pick a Frost Mage with them, and here we go, they donā€™t need to tank 90% of the instance now. Only boss and some unsnarable trash.

People that donā€™t want to tank and blame DPS, are just playing the game like in 2008. Retail tank know how to tank, they kitte at least ā€¦ canā€™t remember how many time I saw the Bear Druid or the War Prot facetanking trash forever for no reason and then complain about the healers and DPS.

You are doing it for cheap. Pls, a HC tank service is 200g+.
Btw there is a paladin on my server that got shamed for wanting 150g/run. Like why? Why are you shaming him? He has an instance farm spot with 300g+/h. 150g is a fair price, especially for him (he is full t4).

Even if you implement LFD it wonā€™t make tanks magically appear out of thin air.

Thereā€™s a reason no one wants to tank in pugs or is charging gold for it, namely the sheer amount of tryharding and toxicity that is going on in the game.

If you rolled another DPS you knew what was coming for you, there is no one to blame but yourself.

I completely scrapped a 70 priest that was ahead of the curve back at launch in favour of rolling a tank, made lots of people gearing up and farming rep, you could do the same.

1 Like

I guess I could try that, though the market has been rather poor as the amountof players just isnā€™t there.
So for now, I am sometimes content with as low as 50g as long as I get something out of the HC as well (like rep that I still havenā€™t grinded till exalted).
Usually not worth it standing around in Shattrath/SW spamming trade for 150g + tank services if I get nothing out of it.

I can imagine it would be far easier Horde side though with the amount of players (and competition for tanks) there.