Laptop with GeForce MX150 - fps?

I’m considering a laptop with a GeForce MX150, just to being able to play some old games while traveling. But I’m not able to find any tests how this grapchics card will handle WoW Classic.

Any thoughts if it will handle the game in 1920x1080 with 60fps or more?
The laptop comes with Core i5-8250U Quad Core.

I have Intel Core i3 6100 @ 3.70GHz and an average not expensive Graphics Card: ATI Radeon RX 460 Graphics 4GB.

WoW Classic runs like a dream on my desktop in 1920x1080.
Also it only takes up 4,4 GB of space on my SSD!

I wish if Vanilla would have run this smoot on my old PC back in the day! :laughing:

This card is based on GT 1030 card I believe so it should run Classic WoW without problems

I have an Acer Aspire 5 with an MX150 and have no issues running classic at all.

Haven’t tried mass world pvp with it or anything but I levelled a fair bit using my laptop. No problems at all just playing the game! I did heroic Azshara using it too on retail. I was surprised how well it held up.

Edit: to actually answer your question 60 fps is achievable on classic with the laptop but I only play at classic (3) settings. I also played retail on custom settings towards the low end.

I tested Classic with Ryzen 2200G which has integrated GPU of similar performance and it was fine even with 3440x1440 resolution. Same with GT 1030 which did retail on 1080p acceptably.

https://rk.edu.pl/en/benchmarking-and-analyzing-world-warcraft-performance/

Thank you all for the feedback on this! :slight_smile:

The laptop costs me around 500$ and good to know it can handle light gaming, and even wow classic once a while without much problems.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

im using i3-2310m with 2.1gHz, and HD7450m.
i dont remember the FPS in mc, but it didnt make a problem for me.

in face the integrated GPU of i3 works too, about 10fps in 40men raid.

The MX150 has a passmark score of 2232, similar to 1030’s 2288, it should not be an issue. CPU is another story alltogether… it is NOT a quad-core CPU, it is dual core with hyper-threading and 1.6GHz base frequency. While it does have a boost frequency of 3.4GHz (which places its single-thread performance to an acceptable level), I am doubtful that the cooling solution of the laptop is built to handle it running on the maximum boost continuously.

I would advise against buying a laptop with U-series CPU (U = Ultra-low power requirement, read: slow clock speed) for gaming purposes. You may end in a situation where you experience serious FPS drops in raids or other situations where there are lots of other players on the screen.

1 Like

Lenovo t430
Intel HD4000 integrated graphics
8gig ram
i5sometthing
1600x900 settings at 3
30-60 fps, very rare drops below 30 in very crowded areas.
Paid 100 euro for it, so im happy
Dont feel like overheating the macbook constantly, its just not made for it…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.