Last wish - Nightborne customization

Unfortunately this does not mention new faces for Nightborne, which is the worst offender, so I remain skeptical.

3 Likes

i am moust hyped for the new toys :rofl:

(post deleted by author)

9 Likes

I dont like nightborns i would never play 1 but then i am a real alliance player

1 Like

The same argument can be applied to any facet of the game though. The game should be “perfectly balanced” from the word go, should it not? Therefore by your definition, nobody is actually doing their job at all?

I think you are over simplifying things. It isn’t a case of “X customisation means done” like balance, it’s an ongoing thing.

I will agree blizzard should have done more on the customisation front sooner absolutely 100 percent but I’m not sure I’d accuse the art team of “not doing their jobs clearly” owing to this. I mean the art team are the one team in WoW consistently praised by the playerbase for knocking what they do out of the park. Clearly they’ve been directed towards different priorities which worked when development could keep up (ie content patches were regular) but with the delays of SL, you now have an art team that can produce quicker than the development team and produce content, so it makes sense to utilise them in this manner.

Back in legion we had patches regularly so the art team were always busy working on “the next zone” or whatever, because it would be dropped within a matter of months. At current we’re not seeing “new zones” for at least 6 months or whatnot. The art team WILL be able to produce art content and assets for new zones far quicker than that because they don’t have to undergo strenuous testing of their work (balance testing) once it’s okayed as fitting the concept, it’s then good to go and just needs to be made.

Very different working habits. I mean balance and design decisions are stuff like “how can we make sure players feel this is worth doing without coercing them? What is too much power to grant? How can we balance X leggo versus Y leggo when they work very differently?” These are very difficult questions to answer without extensive testing as they all relate to each other.
Art questions are stuff like the well advertised “Given Maldraxxus is what it is, how can we keep this concept true yet involve environment of height that trees would ordinarily provide?” This doesn’t require any testing, it just requires a brainstorming session.

1 Like

the same people would spit on you if you got a rare mount drop.
they dont really deserve attention :slight_smile:

Who cares about some small group of people who feel miserable and want to spread their own misery on others who they supose have something nice going for them recently.

8 Likes

imo not having Withered as an option is the most disappointing.

5 Likes

Hello there,

Thank you very much for listening to this feedback and implementing it for 9.1.5 I’m very grateful and happy about this! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I do have some other suggestions/requests if possible to pass on please;

Void Elves/High Elves

1. Turning off void form visual effect (racial effect)
  2. High Elf Ranger & mage Tattoos (blood elves could get receive similar Blood Elf style ones)
  3. Possible option to change the tool tip text of the racial name from Void Elf to High Elf so it displays you as a high elf instead of void elf, all this needs to be is visual change on the tooltip nothing game changing in terms of racials. Could make it a selectable option when creating the character.

Dwarves

1. Possible option to change the tool tip text of the racial name from Dwarf to Wildhammer Dwarf so it displays you as a Wildhammer dwarf instead of Dwarf, all this needs to be is visual change on the tooltip nothing game changing in terms of racials. Could make it a selectable option when creating the character.
  2. Possible Frost Dwarf customisation

Many kind regards,

Cemures

5 Likes

Like the rusted and non-rusted option for Mecha gnome.

But Kul-tirans got this same bad treatment too, people wanted the skinny model to be an option too, but it wasn’t.

I’m happy for the Nightborne :heart_eyes_cat: looks like I’m going to make a Horde mage next patch.

7 Likes

I think a possible reason for that is the female kul Tirans lacked such a model and thus it would require way more design than intended.

From what I read Kul Tirans as we see them Weren’t meant to be playable at the point they were so they essentially “rushed” making them playable.

This said I think it would be a cool option to have the gaunt option so long as females get one too. Just not the “generic human model” as an option because there has to be some difference at least.

When a Nightborne becomes Withered there is no going back. In this state they live a miserable existence, driven by a primal thirst for mana.

Nightfallen is a limbo state between Nightborne and Withered. They are still intelligent but will eventually become withered if they don’t find enough mana, or eat the fruit of the Arcan’dor.

Playing as either of these makes no sense as the fruit is freely available and Suramar’s shield no longer exists. Even if you somehow did the brain gymnastics and your character did not eat the fruit and were exiled from Suramar, why would the Horde take you? How would the Nightborne intro scenario make any sense at all?

9 Likes

Seems like some individuals did not read the diary of the Arcanist Kel’danath. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Lore seems a minor inconvenience when asking for options for some.

See: requests for Eredar, Naga etc.

1 Like

Since you seem to be looking at the feedback, would it be too much to ask for to let male blood elves/void elves have earrings like just females do? I never understood why something like earrings is locked for males and only available for females.
I would love to use earrings on my elf guys. It just seems like a very elven thing to do to decorate these long ears.
We already have male characters like Lor’themar having his ears pierced so would it be too much to ask for to let us also use earrings on our male characters?

1 Like

The thread is dedicated for the Nightborne, and for the Nightborne it was answered.

It is not a Q&A thread in the end. Please stop.

6 Likes

And give worgen a tail

and animation to roll and try to bite it pls

5 Likes

reading your replies

Thank you. Sorry for posting it again, added some, ehm, “links” and details.

As mentioned many times before, the main nightborne problem is that we can’t look even close to the original counterparts from Suramar — imgur com/a/FCfhEV3, while orcs and humans can cosplay Orgrimmar/SW guards pretty easy. Why can’t nightborne? Since you hear us, I’ve made a compilation of thoughts and ideas from many different people.

NIGHTBORNE CUSTOMIZATION WISH LIST:

• Charismatic faces with narrowed eyes and sharp and high cheekbones. Suramar NPCs have perfect propotions — imgur com/a/V9R4LDN.

Just PLEASE, don’t copy paste the dumb smiles from female nelves! A smile isn’t something to be 100% time on a face, it just starts to look creepy.

• Something I’ve noticed as a rogue: we need a fix for face masks (lower it down a bit), so it don’t clip with an eyes — imgur com/a/50RA4YI.

• Some love for the body model and weird legs fix — imgur com/a/RLAVUxO.

• Nightfallen/Felborne/Arcane/Fal’dorei options and colors.

Felborne explains warlocks (would be a great warlock-only feature, if anyone besides death knights and demon hunters had a class customization). Nightfallen fantasy fits for someone who isn’t fully cured from the Arcan’dor for whatever reason is — imgur com/a/Wjtj0bh.

• More eye colors: nightwell purple, fel green and more. Maybe even dark blue, not sure lorewise tho.

• More leylines with better resolution and different color options (purple leylines pls pls!). An option for nightfallen dark non-glowing leylines, that look more like scars — imgur com/a/tlpeoI1.

• More skin tones, including pure dark silver and other 50 shades of grey.

• More jewelry, piercings, bracers, necklaces. Let it be silver, gold, bronze etc.

• Chin jewelry and “Regal” hairstyle diadem as a separate option.

• Glowing hands and nightfallen hand runes.

• Glowing hair tips.

• Hair ornaments: Arcan’dor vines for a hair, maybe decorative dusk lily flower(s), fal’dorei arcane web, thin silver chains with moonstones/purple gems.

• Some physics for a hair — when my character jumps, her long hair is just glued to her back. And it’s weird.

• Please, fix the “Highborn” hairstyle to look like NPC original — imgur com/a/hZAhC7k.

• Fal’dorei hairstyle or something alike.

• The idea of sharing hairstyles between elven races is tempting, but not that great since each WoW race is used to have it’s own unique style (well, if we forget about BE/VE), tho blood elf “Chronmage” hairstyle on nightborne, shown by Keyboardturner, is something very hard to resist. Lunaera’s painting has almost the same hair, but even better, shal’dorei styled. And Faebelina’s ideas are also great — imgur com/a/E584ma9.

PLEASE, don’t borrow much from night elves. Imo, much better idea is to mix DnD drow with Suramar/magical stuff. Would be nice to see some arrogant, harsh, grumpy or even sad faces, instead of the same happy smile for each of them.

• An opinion some people may disagree with: bearded elves would look weird, it just doesn’t fit for nightborne. I think they’d rather use jewelry “beards” instead of facial hair — imgur com/a/pv9T9g7.

Few more wishes:

• Non-robe heritage armor, or just copy paste from Suramar NPCs.

• Heritage weapons you’ve promised so long ago, which are literally already existing in-game models — imgur com/a/9GOBZOV. (For a NB rogue, Mage Tower daggers fit perfectly. So sad cuz it’s not available anymore :confounded:).

• Let us wear some Suramar clothes.

• Unique nightborne dance (honestly, every allied race deserve one).

Really hope you’ll notice and implement at least at least some of the things mentioned here :purple_heart:

11 Likes

Thank you for all of your enthusiasm and suggestions so far! It’s been a pleasure for the team to read how passionate you are about the looks of your in-game characters.

We wanted to share a handful of the customization options you’ll be able to choose for male Lightforged Draenei and female Nightborne, some of which have been requests from this thread. :blush:

Lightforged Draenei New Customization Options

Nightborne New Customization Options

39 Likes