Last wish - Nightborne customization

Great work! Now, what is next? I’d say you finally add long beards for Humans.

Please.

Here, have a look at this thread if you need some agruements:

4 Likes

Dang these void elves, hijacking every moment they can.

9 Likes

Linxy posts information about ALL Allied Races in this thread.

I play mainly void elf, we haven’t received our new customizations yet, that’s why I’m making my requests here.

I don’t need to justify myself but if you need an explanation here they are ! :hugs:

5 Likes

It is in their nature
The Void consumes:confused:
Arcane and the Shal’dorei rule and dominate
The rest? Serve
:face_with_monocle::wine_glass:

6 Likes

I guess this means you’re done with Nightborne for now. Bit of a shame but I suppose it’s cool that Tauren are getting their customizations this patch.

Also why do Void Elves emerge from the floorboards like roaches whenever customizations are brought up. You have your blue eyes and brown hair. Now shoo! whacks with newspaper

12 Likes

Hi @Linxy

I decided to make a detailed post for Void Elf customization wishlist so that our customization can finally be properly finished :slight_smile: This includes many suggestions that would really please everyone!

:arrow_forward: imgur.com/gallery/AxtfkBH

:genie: :woman_genie:

And while I’m still posting, I would like to share a thread I made the other day and I hope at least one Dev reads it and let the others know of my suggestion to let us Shadow Priest be able to choose Shadowforms (all 6 versions since Classic) via Barbershop, the same way druids are able to choose their Bear, Cat, Travel forms. All of these versions are still in the game files so I doubt that there would be too much work :octopus:

:arrow_forward: eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadow-priest-shadowforms-915-wish/310617

EDIT: I would really appreciate it if someone with TL3 can post the photos & links as well <3

5 Likes

Roaches are nuclear explosion survivors! strokes you with antennas

2 Likes

And healthy snacks that taste like potato chips rich in protein, vitamins and other nutrients
:plate_with_cutlery:

2 Likes

Ohhhh my word, those Highmountain look awesome. It makes me appreciate a bit more the diversity of most of the races in WoW compared to other current fantasy games. Could never settle on a race for druid but Highmountain is looking super promising.

3 Likes

Yay for new highmountain cow customisations!

I wonder if they’ll add anything for the other allied races, then again the rest all came in BFA.

Anyway I am a happy cow :slight_smile:

Also not allied race related but how about some upright forsaken?! Go on… you know you want to…

3 Likes

I hope the male void elves get some new hair styles so they can match the high elves. The new hair color helps abit but needs new hairstyle to match. The female void elves have hairstyles to match the high elves from the start, but not saying they should not get anything. Sure the male void elves have 2 more hairstyles than female void elves but they can’t match the hairstyles with the high elves. The male void elves have brand new hairstyles but they all rockband and boyband hairstyles, nothing that is anything close to elvish that female void elves have.

And also keep up the good work Linxy and art team :+1:

4 Likes

Things I’d like to see for the Nightborne customisation:

• Less sneering and more youthful/happier faces. I get they’re noble elves but there’s noble looking then there’s just perma p’ed off.

• The freckles to be lighter, maybe arcane glowy.

• Fel green eye and tattoo options. Maybe even the arcane/fel hand tints.

• Would love a long butt length braid that goes down the back. #Icandream

• Some feedback about the tattoos they don’t stand out well enough at all, they seem to blend into the skin and on darker tones are invisible.

• Would also like to see the headdress on males tuck into the hair, sit a bit closer to the ears it kinda looks planted on at the sides.
    *Hair accessories for males like hair clasps. Necklaces and things too! Males like to be pretty too!

This is my nightborne Runaan (commissioned by the amazing X_cerebil_X) and how I wish Nightborne would be able to look like.

11 Likes

I actually remember on the Shadowlands beta, they remodelled/reanimated all of the Nightborne male faces to have closed mouths. For some reason they didn’t make it to live. Can’t imagine why, they looked so much better. I have literally never seen anyone use the growling face options.

7 Likes

Oh no… I HOPE NOT!

I don’t really want to be mistaken as a greedy person. I know, we’ve been already given a lot. And I also know, that players keep posting their suggestions because they truly care for their characters and eager to make things perfect before realese. Blizz chose the right path with 9.1.5 and I cant help but hoping they will hear us out while we still in PTR. I will be the happiest person alive if at least half of the players’ current suggestions for nightborne see the light in 9.1.5. or next patches.

Anyway, I’m really happy for our highmountain brothers! :cow: :partying_face:

8 Likes

Yes! Agree!

Loving everything teased so far but never hurt to suggest more! cough white fur HMT and black antlers cough

Nice to see blizzard actually experimenting with Tauren mane hair on their back a bit more. Yes! Why can’t we have flowing locks all the back? Braids?

2 Likes

Just came here to say congrats to the Highmountain!

This means all allied races will be updated, hopefully.

I’m excited to see the rest :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: and I still hope those Arcane and fel hands for Nightborne still make it.

9 Likes
9 Likes

Awesome poste!

I was wondering if all is good about the face shape of the playable NB compared to the NPC, a friend made me notice that their fronthead is not exactly the same, maybe i am wrong thought

What you think?

3 Likes

It is awesome work the art team is doing…

Maybe, after more than eight years, :wink: : can you pleaaaase finish the redo of the old models so that they are all on par with the Pandaren and Dwarf models - which are far superior to all the other models.

May I point out the many ways the new night elf female model is lacking?

It starts with the artistic quality and it goes down to animation. I did these comparison videos in 2014. I mean, come on, if you discount the resolution, the old model is way superior to the new model.

The new model looks like someone tried and failed horribly to perform plastic surgery on a zombie. The new model has

• no breathing animation,
  • no feral/cat-like eyes, and lightbulbs for eyes, instead of the indirect glow the old model had
  • no more straight eyebrows, instead it got the elf unibrow
  • lifeless mask for a face, like someone injected it with too much botox
  • a distorted asymmetrical torso, like Quasimodo
  • no amimated arms (when idle)! These new arms are just attached to the shoulders and dangling down there zombie like and have no correlation with the body movement / This applies to other racial models, too!!
  • has a sway movement as if it was drunk…
  • tatoos as if a 5 year old had played with his crayons, nothing in comparison to the detailed tatoos on the old models

The old appearance was youthful, athletic and wiry, just like sentinels who move like shadows through the deep forests of Ashenvale. They were big amazones with a proud posture. The new model only looks like… a 50 year old, bulky human with pointy ears and glowing eyes…

I’m not saying the artists were incompetent, I’m saying they were forced to drop their pencils mid progress probably for the same reasons the rest of WoD was abandoned.

But it has been a long eight years and like so many others I hate to look at my nelf characters, chosing transmogs that cover her almost from head to toe so I am not reminded of how the character I once created looks like now.

Also: can we please have racial casting animations back? It is such a downer to see my nelves casting like a dog, aehm… worgen… and can we pweaaaase get rid of this auto-after-cast-animation that nobody asked for?

Also a shoutout to my gnome ladies: can they have some happy faces again. Back in 2013 the art team did crazy happy faces for them and got massive backlash from the community. As a result, the art team punished the players and gave all gnome ladies only grumpy facial expressions. Talking about vindictive game design…

3 Likes

The females by this point are pretty similar to the NPCs bar some slight cheekbone differences. Males are a different story… they still have massively different jaw and cheek shapes, and their head in general is a lot larger and rounder than the NPC version. I’m fine with the female look, but males definitely need a touch-up.

4 Likes