Last wish - Nightborne customization

Savage! A troll calls me savage? I will have you know Im very civilized but sadly the Ogres kicked us out of Dire maul. Now we live in Teldra- oh wait, never mind. The savage Zombie elf burned it.

Well at least we live in Ashen- oh wait, never mind. The savage green aliens burned it.

1 Like

Welllll , no offense but, did you see our big pyramid made literaly out of gold? I think thats less savage than some big trees!

1 Like

The same big tree that gave you oxygen. Your welcome.

And hey if it was up to me I would live in Dire Maul but it’s in ruins so
. Yeah. We live in trees now.

And even tho we aren’t considered Highborne, at least we actually fought the legion without a shield so
. Cough cough.

1 Like

Thanks so far team, the glowing hands is a massive win! can’t wait to see how it look on the ptr.

That being said, reposting this one.,

Again:

• Lighter skintones, light pink like Elisande for example.
  • Fix male faces, perma smirk, lip issue. Add in faces that look more like the npc, specially male.
  • male and female missing their iconic hairstyle.
  • mana hair toggle
  • Option for more visible tattoo.
  • eye color
  • Third slant eye option, to be more narrow. (closer to the npc)

xx<3

6 Likes

Great list, I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Great job so far guys, we are closer an closer to the actuall Nightborne.

1 Like

Copy over from last wish nightborne thread

Gotta say
 the most important things have already been said, but Mana hair and hands is something I would love to see as it realy defines them and seperates them from the Night elves. Thanks for letting us have the mana hands, but is mana hair also something you consider?

With that said I would like to add some feedback/suggestion. While looking at the hairstyles I was disappointed to not see the 2 iconic hairstyles the Nightborne nps have. It’s about 1 for female and 1 for male.

• Silgryn is the best example for Male Nightborne here.

This hairstyle was implemented on the old model for showcasing, it looks dope as hell.
  • For female I am talking about the simple, yet very elegant such as Valtrois.

These hairstyles and maybe others? could have mana hair toggle.

Some of the proportions for the male model would need a second look imo.

• Hands are too big, this has been said many times already, but still wanted to include it
  • shoulder size needs another reduction, it’s way to large. It just doesn’t fit the slim bodies.
  • They are a bit bulky in general, when comparing myself to a male nps such as Silgryn you will see npcs are bit slimmer and have narrow features in their face/cheeks, would be awesome to get a more npc looka like face available.
  • Ear size of the male model is to thick.

Final thing would be the eyes still, I love the new ones, but could we have a third one that narrows it a bit more? npcs eyes are still more narrow then what we got. Making it a third option would be welcome change so people who like this one, don’t have to worry it’s replaced for example. Just made this on the ptr for reference.

Some one added the npc eyes on the actual nightborne model.

Most of te stuff was already covered and it’s realy
 a hand full of smaller additions and would make it almost exactly like the real one (npcs) Thanks so far for the Nightborne update and hopefully we could see these things happening.

10 Likes

Wow, guys. Blizzard actually confirmed they’re going ahead with the hand glow.

I’m happily speechless.

7 Likes

Hello. Blizz devs, thank you again for adding the glowing hands option. It means a lot.
I still need to remind that other changes are as important:

• Please add LIGHTER SKIN COLORS. For example, the nightfallen/withered white-teal skin: https://imgur.com/a/rm8MrJr
  • Please add MISSING NPC FACES. This face especially is popular: https://imgur.com/BZjlVn4
  • Please fix the M-SHAPED MOUTH from the male model
  • Please add GLOWING HAIR
  • Please re-add the DUSKWATCH ARCBLADE
    Here is a compilation: https://imgur.com/a/Dy9EDyh

@Anyone who has the right to paste images, please post the ones above. Thank you :slight_smile:

Also, if anyone is interested to help us organize to push for the above changes, we have a place of our own: discord gg KmuGR3QMaM

7 Likes

I think the biggest issue with male nightborne (which you see mainly through their eyes, and can see clearly when you put the “new eyes” on the current head) is that their problems stem from the fact the NPC male head is completely differently built to the one we have.

Male NPC nightbornes look like they have smaller eyes (they are literally smaller but not by as much as you think) because their brows are very pronounced which causes their eyes to look furrowed, and their eyes take us proportionally less of their head than on our chars.

I think what we will get will be okay and look good, but it will never “look the same” unless they redesign the geometry of the male nightborne head because it’s totally different to the PC.

You only need to look at Oculeth and others to see it, our eyebrows kinda float above out eyes, whereas on the NPCs the eyebrows are flush to the eyes because of the way the brow sits. The NPCs also have much larger foreheads than we do, which makes their eyes look smaller.

8 Likes

Love the new hands

Just hope we can get a green fel variant available before the end of the 9.1.5 ptr

5 Likes

Updating the PTR now, I’m very excited to see how they look!

Edit: It looks nice. I love how it makes the hand tattoos brighter! Still no glaive though

5 Likes

Thanks for listening and adding the hand glow, the NPC’s have the glowing hands outlined and I hope you can add that to the player models too. The next NPC feature you should port over: Glowing arcane hair effect as seen here: i.imgur . com/uMh4t0T.png

7 Likes

It’s so nice! Thank you!
It looks pretty cool combined with the runic symbols on their hands.

4 Likes

Late reply, I think the issue of “are Nightborne Highborne?” Is a tricky one, to me it depends what you mean by highborne.

If you mean “a cut above the rest of their ilk, the highest of them all”, yes
If you mean “the specific named caste that was synonymous with Azshara” no.

The Nightborne do not refer to themselves as Quel’dorei at all. Their use of terms like lowborn and highborn is largely descriptive.

Yes, they continue the arcane heritage of the highborne, but that doesn’t meant they consider themselves Highborne in respect of identity.

I’d go as far as to suggest they consider themselves better than any Highborne, and that they refined and perfected the culture the Highborne began. The Highborne had the errors of Azshara associated with them, with the residents of Suramar rejected. Whilst Azshara and her Highborne fell into the sea, they survived. Their naming of themselves Nightborne, to me, isn’t just because “the well” rather it’s a rejection of the old label of Highborne.

But, as Nightborne they consider themselves the true perfectors of kaldorei heritage and culture, so their new identity occupies a very similar niche to them as the Highborne were, but they consider themselves different in some respect (as least in identity).

So when they refer to themselves as of high birth etc, they mean it only descriptively to me, they do not mean they believe they are literally Highborne as named in kaldorei days of yore, as they have rejected that label and consider themselves superior to it. They’ve taken that legacy and done more with it than Azsharas lot could, but made it their own identity in shaldorei.

This is my opinion on the matter anyway. What is evident is that Nightborne occupy many of the cultural trends of Highborne, but I do not believe they identify with the Highborne namesake in particular. There is no reverence of such history in their culture, more the tools said culture wielded, and emphasis is how they perfected what they already had themselves to survive where the other kaldorei failed.

I also think they consider themselves different regarding their orientation towards their culture.
In ancient Highborne culture much of their behaviour and refinement and pursuit of magic was oriented around Azshara and her court. It was a means of identifying who was who. Magic was a luxury, encouraged, but a luxury nonetheless. The education students received in the Art was formative but was still under Azsharas thumb (we see this was the academy in Azsuna).
With the Nightborne their pursuit of continuation of these elements is simply their due factor culture, there is no longer a dynamic of “the wild kaldorei brethren” to set themselves against, so it becomes simply a pursuit for its own gain rather than politicking for the queen and over the others. This is perhaps why we see such advancement of various arcane sciences under the shaldorei such as arcane botany and astromancy as well as Telemancy. Their magic became their way of life rather than their medal of honour. In doing so they took it to heights the old Highborne never could thus their claims to high birth became evident by this fact rather than through association with the queen. Thus it’s a superior identity they embrace.

It’s an interesting topic of discussion and speculation for sure.

2 Likes

Hope you can add more eye colors, and also a dim one like the npcs have!

i.imgur . com/8hYW5qb.png (remove dots)

8 Likes

I really love all the nightborne things that are coming, still would love to have the tattoos more visible (Maybe with a second option to let them stay like they are).

And possibly remove the chin piece from the Heiritage robes since it could clip with the normal options (Wich make them unnecessary either way).

11 Likes

Please do not bypass this message.
Finally, add two more races for the demon hunter class.
Nightborne and void elves, to somehow dilute the elven gang in the factions. There are a bunch of teachers left on Azeroth besides Illidan who train demon hunters. That would be really cool.
P.S: And give already the Stoneborn symbol (or maybe even Nathrezim) for metamorphosis.

4 Likes

First of all, thank you very much for this lovely addition, I believe having the “glowing” hands on your Nightborne, means that your Nightborne has ascended or has mastered the arcane powers, which makes me as an Arcane mage main so happy.

It is almost the same as having antlers on the Night elf, when they go beyond their limits.

However, I am not here to talk about those haha, I am here to give feedback as requested.

After yesterday’s ptr update, I have checked the hand glow option. It looks AMAZING.

https://imgur.com/a/hZxmwJ5
https://imgur.com/a/POhzuur
https://imgur.com/a/x7yygbK
https://imgur.com/a/KhLLfpp

I know that is it still a work in progress, however, I would like to ask you to add the outlines of the glow that the NPCs have.

https://imgur.com/a/X0KG2Xx

Would be lovely to have it like this.

https://imgur.com/a/sQfRsiu

Looking forward to seeing this addition on male Nightbornes as well.

Yet again, thank you very much for the great addition.

PS: Mana hair also maybe please? :pleading_face:

https://imgur.com/a/eqyGvK4

14 Likes

I wish the male models got some changes to their faces and make them look like the NPC models instead of a slightly changed night elf

4 Likes

Nicely done, they look good, almost 100% like the NPCs. The only difference is that the NPCs have a strong contour line around the fingers. But I’m sure that with a little twek that can be added to the player models as well. Plus I noted that if you’re using a body tattoo with a tattoo on the hands, if you toggle on the glowing hands it takes away tha ethereal effect from it. If possible you should find a way to make the tattoo keep the ethereal effect despite of the glowing hands, like the NPCs.
(I went near Valtrois to make a comparison since she has hand tattoos and the glowing hands, I can’t add links or images or I would have shown it)

And that’s it. I’m dissappointed that in 22 days from the first customizations this is the only thing added despite the immense amount of sugestions given by the comunity. But I don’t know how things are organized at the HQ, so thank you for even this small addittion, hope to see more. (Remember to give back the “Spellbreaker sword”)

6 Likes