Legacy Loot Coming to Legion Instances

Considering most of us are stuck at home, giving us something to do is a good thing. Given all the positive responses to this change other than yours, it would seem you are in a small camp of your own.

8 Likes

They did this because it was an opportunity for showing everyone how much they “listened to the player’s feedback” and not because they want us to have a better time. Why I do think this? Because they could have done this ANY time in the past. Paired with the negative BfA-reception, I would do exactly the same to manipulate the people in getting more money out of them.

Hurrah for change!!

I’m not sure this will effect me much, I think I have already farmed every piece of plate armour I could on my paladin but it’s still a nice change.

Yeah it didnt require a full group before this point of the expansion lol

Why it took you this long to consider Legion content again “non legacy” content is mindblowing, I thought you had gotten that clear from when you considered WoD “non legacy” content at the start of Legion

I approve of the change , now I can go the lower difficulties more effectively, since it is already difficult to get groups for nonMythic…

What does this mean for the tier items? Is it going to be like WoD raids where a boss can drop a warlock chest when you’re on your shaman? Before we had tokens to create the tier pieces, but now a boss can drop ever class tier items along side the off pieces. This makes actually getting the specific piece you need a lot harder on those bosses

But moAr goldZ for selling it

This is so

Early compared to what? What is “normally”? They never did this before, because forced personal loot and legacy loot in raids only exists since BfA.

Well, you really got me interested in logging in for more than just checking if 2k emissary up, once i am done with iron danger and fantasy general i will surely spend some time farming legion raids.
Can you also do something with foundry encounter in BRF? Like making bomb do 30% damage instead of just 5%, You already had it for 2 weeks after some patch but reverted changes afterwards. Yes i still dont have blackhand mount after 430+ kills :cry:

They give us what we want and still people whine like infants :joy::man_facepalming:

4 Likes

This is not the problem.

Please elaborate.

Does this mean Mythic eonar will be made soloable like other bosses?

1 Like

People are most likely upset because of the “how” it happened and not the “if”, do make it clear here. It’s nice that they have changed their own philosophy and lifted the restrictions from the player base but the real question is: Why now?

• Because they have no further content available for 8.3.5
  • They have buffed/changed several things in the past week. Why? Because people are either leaving the game or go on the barricades. Why? Because it restrict you from playing another class. Why? Because of the essence system.

And this brings us to today. They could have done this anytime in the past year but they just did it now, out of the sudden. They did it not because they think highly of us players but they need something to keep your paying your fee. This is the sole motivation for them releasing it now. There is no “good will” behind it, it’s just on schedule on a likely a long list on changes for the game when’s nothing to do. And this is upsetting. You want something to change? Too bad, wait until they need to break another emergency case so you keep your mouth shut about the declining game quality.

Why can’t people just accept a positive change instead of trying to look for hidden meaning behind it? Blizzard change their minds and even outright lie about things they alter all the time.

Trying to decode reasons that might not even be there that will never be answered officially? Wasted energy imo.

1 Like

Does this include the legacy buff to damage taken and done aswell?

Previous expansions, duh.

Nonsense. They’ve always made the raid 2 expansions down into a ‘legacy’ raid. This is the first time they’ve done it sooner (well, if you go WAY back it’s been different, but that’s the old days).

2 Likes

Does it matter? Not to me. It’s a nice change.
Normally they’d made the change when you outlevel the content by at least 10 levels. Which would be max level in Shadowlands. But now they’re doing earlier.
Players benefit from that. I can’t think of a downside.

1 Like

Because it’s not a goodwill, as I have written it above. And in honesty, you’re too pure for this world. Blizzard has a history of shady tactics, especially in the past few years. While you believe that everyone around you went nuts for questioning them at every step, they have proven time and time again that they cannot be trusted anymore to a higher degree for either cultural or game-reason. Don’t get me wrong, I would also love to see the good old Blizzard here but these days are gone.

It’s not really a wasted energy. We are paying customers and when I see that often requested changes only appear when they are losing subs and need something to keep us “there”, then there’s clearly something wrong with the system. We’re not their puppets, we have still the power to change the outcome. As MadCowSow (or how the YTer) has said it in his video: If we don’t step up and make our frustration public, then we would have likely gotten several “WoDs” down the line instead of a “Legion”.

Of course it’s not a downside - but do you wait for something especially to happen inGame? What if I told you that it will not likely happen until things hit the fan again and they are suddenly willed to “throw a bone” at you? This is what really bothers a certain part of the community.