Legendary Cloak catchup?

Hey all, could someone please explain to me how the catchup system works for the Cloak. I understood it as “If your below the weekly cap you can repeat the horrific visions up to the cap” so if the cap is 7 and your Cloak is 5 you can repeat the horrific vision mission twice to upgrade it to 7.

But I explained this to a couple of friends last night and they said I was wrong. Now I’m doubting myself could any one explain it to me if I’m wrong.

Many thanks

Your friends are wrong haha, the cloak is capped weekly to a set limit.
So you can catch-up with others that has max rank for that week.

If u have enough currency ofcourse.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Cloak is capped this week at 7, next week will be 8, the week after 9 etc. If you have enough currency you can go for a cap. Considering you got 3-4 tries per week and only 1 cloak upgrade there is a lot of room for errors :wink:

I know, just wanted to point out that there are limitations to how many runs u can do. If u start 5 weeks after everyone else u wont catch up in a week.

Ye, it will probably take like 2 weeks to catchup, 3 or 4 if you start really late during a patch.

Depends how many runs you fail. And we get now in the area of having to do multiple runs for 1 upgrade :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone now if you don’t mind I’m going to go a gloat that I was right :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Basically each week you could advance your cloak a level.

And each week you can run visions more than one time ( about 3 times ).

So you’re going at 3 times the speed until you reach everybody else’s level.

So starting from now a fresh character gets 4 visions.

If they completed them all they’d be at rank 5, then next week they can run 3 more visions and if they completed them correctly they’d be at rank 8 which coincides with the maximum available back level next week.

Multiple runs per upgrade is week 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15

1-8 can all each be done in a single run.

That kind of depend on your ilvl, group-composition and … knowing what to do (havng to read up/watch guides/etc). For rank 7 you just go 2 times doing the same run with clearing 1 area and then go for the boss. That way you get 2 books and get your quest for the cloak upgrade done.

You don’t need to do the boss for any upgrade past 5. The boss is for gear pieces and some vanity items, as well as being a check mark for a full clear.

If your quest requires 2 medium pages, you can just do 2 medium zones.

You get some surplus vessels to open Visions over time, and the rank of the cloak is capped per week, however, higher ranks require more than one run. Even rank 7 requires two runs already unless you clear two side areas and the boss (easy for some classes, harder for others).

You’re not getting any extra vessels for weeks you’ve missed. If you start a week later, other players already have 3-4 Vessels more. You can still catch up this week, if you don’t blow your Vessels, but you’ll have a lower total. Wrathion keeps offering you quests up until the current week, though that is only useful if you have enough Vessels.

I think “catch-up system” is a misnomer that WoWhead coined, not something Blizzard used. A true catch-up system would give you more Vessels if you are behind.

1 Like

But the boss is faster than clearing another area :slight_smile: We have time for doing boss, not for an area. At least not on every char. And we also play with tanks and healers, so we lack dps.

I mean certainly, if you in your current gear / spec don’t feel you can do two medium areas at once very well, but if you can comfortably do 1 medium + boss you aren’t far at all from 2 medium and no boss.

I tried doing 2 corrupted zones yesterday, didnt manage to finish both of them before my sanity ran out. So i had to do 2 runs to get my cloak from 6 to 7.

Yeah, if you’re struggling that’s fine. Definitely as what I assume is a main spec resto shaman running as ele? You’re getting more research though, and frankly it’s a little ridiculous how good the 200 sanity on elite kill thing is once you have access to it things really get significantly easier across the board.

Ouch, that research is 4 steps away :slight_smile: I think it just stays a bit turned like this where non-dps classes will just have to run a couple of extra runs for the upgrades.

Solo, probably, but the complete lack of dangerous mobs in stormwind leads me to believe tanks should be able to just mass pulls certain zones and aoe it all down. Im pulling the entire dwarven district in one go as a shadow priest, as a tank I imagine that’d be a lot easier, even at lower item levels.