Legion Blacksmithing

Hello there,
I am trying to level up legion blacksmithing and I read up on a website that you need to have a quest that’s given by Alard Schmied, however, in my case the npc is not offering me any such quest and i really don’t see how I’m supposed to learn Legion Blacksmithing. I already know normal blacksmithing and zandalari fyi.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Hey Crushh,

Have you learned Legion blacksmithing as a skill yet? You can learn it from Alard Schmied too through the training dialogue option, but you need to have the skill learned first before he offers you the starting quest for the chain.
Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Only know vanilla and zandalari bs, he dont give me any skill, it says its already learned

First off, sorry for my previous post, it’s wrong. You learn legion blacksmithing through the quest, not through the trainer skill. I seem to have remembered that wrong.

I took the liberty of trying this out on one of my characters, just to make sure it isn’t a bug. I learned Vanilla Blacksmithing on a toon without professions, and Alard Schmied offered me the quest, so it’s definitely working.

Are you sure you’re in the Broken Isles version of Dalaran? Alard Schmied also exists in the Northrend version of Dalaran, but doesn’t offer the respective quest there, as that version of him only trains Northrend Blacksmithing-specific recipes. Maybe that’s it?

I also took the liberty of looking up your charcter on Wowhead, where it says you did some quests of the chain already. Did you by any chance switch professions at some stage after starting the Legion quest chain? In that case, you need to buy “Forgotten Plans of the Broken Isles” from Imindril Spearsong. Once you use that item you should be brought back to where you left off previously, which judging by wowhead, was the quest “The Methods of the NIghtfallen” for this character specifically.

I hope the above helps, but shoutout if not. I’m sure we can figure this out somehow! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks alot man, that was a very helpful answer. The book did it, it seems that I unlearned BS at some point and relearned it.
All the best!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.