Let us add custom folders/tabs in the character list!

Seen how the warband display/group can be opened/minimized on top of our characters list, I really have to wonder why we did not get a choice to set up additional “folders/tabs” with a name of our choice.

It would be best if we could decide if we want to split the list by servers, factions or whatever else (“families”, RP themes…).

Even better if multiple groups with a handful of toons could be eventually customized with different background/scenes when these become collectible!

So I could for instance have all of my Draenei toons display in a group in the new Exodar, and all of my hunters sitting by the campfire in the wild, followed by minimized tab for toons I am not currently playing.

Some of us have just too many alts for them to be displayed in a single list…

11 Likes

This please. 40 alts are too many in a single list.

I had them split by server for a reason.

2 Likes

I made a post on twitter with some mockups, but sadly I cannot share them here. (Help anyone?)

Please share if you care!

https://x.com/astranea_tvc/status/1816100014554226997

What a lovely idea, especially for those that are struggling with a big list. I’m used to it myself as I am based mostly on one realm these days so less of a shock going to the new warband menu.

The menu itself could also do with some options like letting us resize fonts. Could easily fit more characters in on the page doing that.

Some sort options would also be nice, sort by level, sort by name, sort by realm etc.

2 Likes

Clickable link for easy access:-

3 Likes

This is a good idea, but I still would preffer separated by realms as was before.

1 Like

Well, the thought behind it is that you could divide them by realm again if you wanted.

Yes, silly to have to do it manually when they are already clearly in different places (at least for now) but better than nothing.

A popup with boxes (as someone suggested on reddit) to tick would also work.

With option for: servers you have characters on, alliance/horde, 70/below 70 and classes…

Thanks Puny. You are such a community asset. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Bumping this as it’s a really good idea.

Even if we can’t have custom lists, even little collapisble headers with characters sorted by realm would be better than the absolute mess I was greeted with this morning.

1 Like

I gave it a share on twitter too :dracthyr_love_animated:

1 Like

Customizing the character selection window will be this xpack’s “selfie camera” patch

YES, please!
Navigating through +40 characters is insane, I’d like to at least divide them up according to realms…
Plus, the “Favorites” tab already exists, surely it wouldn’t be too hard of a task to allow us to create some more since the UI can already handle it.

1 Like

I’ve been suggesting this on multiple topics. Would definitely like to see this.

Mains
Bankers
Crafters
Gatherers
Unplayed/Reserved Names

It’s the dream.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.