Let us be honest, the PvP is abysmal; A rant

All of you replying… you are all idiots! PvP is pretty bad right now. Newly dinged characters keep meeting 1800 to 2100 teams that is farming you is no longer pvp.
That is where the frustration is! The best and probably only way to even get anywhere in pvp is to do arena and have someone to boost you. not for rating but simply gear. Going into BGs now is just signing up to be a dummy for 15 minutes. Thought people had more brains and understood posts like these… what a dum world…

2 Likes

Just imagine, being the sort of person that enjoys seeing other people want to quit the game just because they want to feel more powerful than them in a video game. Then imagine you keep saying ‘But it’s an MMO, MMO’s mean progressing your character’ but then refusing to progress yourself cos you’d still rather fight lowbies in crap gear… every single one of you players like this, are everything that has ever been wrong with this game. Sure there have been design flaws and imbalances but the single worst part of the whole game, is the “I want to PVP but only if I don’t really have to PVP fairly” community. Absolute wastes of skin and oxygen.

1 Like

Most idiotic response I’ve ever read. - I then read your reply…

I dont know how you managed it, but you did, you missed his entire point and went off on your own tangent, gg.

Just to educate you, his point was that without the increase in player power the game isn’t rewarding. Player power is fundamentally what this game is built on as is most other MMORPG’s. With each increase in player power brings you closer to the feeling of self accomplishment when you acheive that goal.

Believe me, for us that are overgeared for random bgs it’s only ever so slightly more fun than those who are undergeared. Random BG’s are boring, no sense of competitiveness and just plain infuriating.

Also, your analogy is completely wrong too. Your analogy is more fitting of a 1400exp RBG Team facing a 2.4exp/HoTA team seen as you’ve set the scene in a competive enviroment? (Leagued Footballers).

[quote=“Discoballs-outland, post:66, topic:241113, full:true”]

I didn’t miss the point entirely and no, it is not wild tangent that I went on.

His statement “And there should be a “reward” for that =) He can now kill 5 players with 24k hp solo” is just ignorant.

My point is simple, if you’r rocking a 24k hp toon and you want to have fun in a random BG with other players, you shouldn’t just be steamrolled everytime by someone with 40k hp. It is exactly like putting the casual football player against the pros who play all the time. My “Point” was for them too look at it from a different angle and realise the problem people are having in the game and how it feels to them.

Typically a player with 40k hp will be 2k+ xp and those who are 24k hp are probably 1.4k or below. My analogy is fine and delivers the point with no problem.

I fully understand the point that you should feel rewarded and stronger with good gear. I don’t dispute that, but the gear gap between low and high players is in the region of 30 item levels. Imagine having 170 ilevel vs 200 ilevel. In some cases some of the guys joining are 170 vs 220 ilevel. Hey presto, 50 item levels difference.

You go on to defend this guys “point” yet you disagree that “1v5 = win” is acceptable by stating BG’s are boring and there is no sense of competitiveness… also plain infuriating. So what point are you trying to make? Which side of the fence do you sit on?

Try being less condescending and stop trying to “Educate” people when you’ve clearly missed the point that many casual players are trying to make.

As I said before, get rid of the elitism and start including everyone into the game. Gear shouldn’t be the main factor in whether you win or not. Skill should be.

If you want a better analogy. A football player playing with waders and the other with studded football boots.

Just dropping in to let everyone know that I’ve not done any PvP on my Warrior for the last two weeks, as I’ve been feeling burned out due to the gear imbalances. Not to mention that Balance Druids still destroy everything.

And no, I am not having “Trouble getting gear” as he is currently sitting at 198 Item Level. I don’t play the game seriously enough to be gearing up consistently.

I have however levelled up an Enhancement Shaman through PvP, and the different was night and day between max level and low level brackets. A shame that it will come to an end soon, but at least I’ll have a lot of Honor to spend to give myself a bit of a kickstart to playing the rest of the game.

Haha.

And you wonder why that is?

Well, because the current meta doesn’t allow competition. It’s one shot or be one shot. It’s fun for gankers, but not so much for people who like PvP.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.