Customizable Entropic Embrace skins

Hi Linxy!

Could you please tell the team we would LOVE to be able to customize our Entropic Embrace form in the character creation screen just like Worgen players can customize both their Human and Worgen forms? This way we could add so much diversity to our Void Elves. Imagine we want to play our Void Elves with a regular looking body, but when Entropic Embrace activates, we could customize it in a way that my hairstyle activates its tentacles, or that my eye color changes to something else, as well as hair and skin color.

This would be SO COOL. And those High Elf players who don’t like Entropic Embrace form at all could simply choose their default regular skin so that they don’t even see their bodies changing when it procs.

You have no idea how many Void Elf fans would LOVE to see this implemented. The possibilities this offers are ENDLESS.

EDIT:

Also, please take a look at these visual examples of Void options we’re looking forward to:

45 Likes

are “Void elf fans” some kind of an organization?

5 Likes

You’re welcome to join if you wish:

https://discord.gg/rrnYkMHuXp

Dear Gods, tell me you aren’t serious? You want -MORE- customisation when you already have so much?

Where is the line? Where is the line drawn now? You have more customisation than any other Allied Race, you have more than some Core Races, and you still want more? Where have the goalposts shifted to now?

And there it is. There we have it. As the quote goes, you have crossed a terrible threshold.

Let me just get this straight, let me just be crystal clear on this. Despite all the attention Void Elves have gotten, you now want to redraw the line a third time, making liars of all those Void Elf fans who wanted the line redrawn to just the skin colours, nothing more, making liars of all those Void Elf fans who redrew the line and wanted hair colours and styles? You now want what Void Elf fans insisted they never wanted and would never ask for?

You want to essentially excise the Void Elves. You want players who can look like High Elves, have the same hair and styles as High Elves, and now you want them to be able to always look like High Elves, not Void Elves at all?

You used to be reasonable in your requests…What changed?

This has crossed the line, this is selfish now.

What is next? You ask for Paladin class, and for the racial name to read ‘High Elf’ not ‘Void Elf’?

This is now pure selfishness, especially when some races still have not received customisation.

To think that I once supported Void Elves getting ‘normal’ skin and hair colours…

More fool me.

I should have seen this coming.

Void elves are, or -should- be, at the back of the queue right now, there are many races waiting for their racial models to be completed, let alone their third iteration of customisation. There are core races still awaiting their first iteration of customisation requests.

Other people play this game as well, you know.

15 Likes

Please stop. Entropic Embrace visual serves a specific purpose and is one of the few things that will still make us Void Elves come 9.1.5. Stop with these ridiculous demands. If you seriously hate that racial so much and desperately need to fulfill your High Elf fantasy, just macro /cancelaura Entropic Embrace into your every spell.

Sincerely,
A Void Elf Fan

11 Likes

I don’t hate it. I want my normal hairstyle to activate tentacles when EE activates.

Jesus, some people. :roll_eyes:

So don’t come out with mad stuff about Void Elves not even being Voidy when they use EE then? Can you seriously not see how that looks?

7 Likes

It was a suggestion, Brigante. The only thing that is mad here is your overreaction.

Calm down.

2 Likes

…yeah right. how about you give other races a chance as well to receive customisations first before you ask for more stuff? :roll_eyes:

give them an inch and they ll want the whole mile… was kind of to be expected.

4 Likes

Is it really an overraction when the High Elfers have gone far enough to make the characters indistinguishable from a High Elf come 9.1.5?

5 Likes

I am -vexed-, I am not -mad-. Trust me, I would be a lot more withering and politely unpleasant if I were infuriated.

I am a bit troubled that you thought now was a good time to suggest this, when even you can see that Void Elves have had a pretty big slice of the cake so far, and maybe other people should get their turn, rather than keep asking for more.

Yes -You- might want to look all spooky and tentacles when you trigger EE, but you just know this will appeal more to the High Elves via the back door crowd.

In which case just be honest about it. Give Horde an Extra Allied Race to make up the balance, and tell anyone on Alliance who complains if it looks different to shut the hell up.

(Lets face it, it would be KT skeleton as Ogres…I wish it wasn’t, but it will be, I just know it…) :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Yes, Brigante, now is the best time to suggest it, considering they’re focusing on AR’s and Void Elves seem to be on the bullseye.

Blizzard keeps asking for our feedback and what we want to see, and guess what? That’s what I’m going to do. I don’t care when or how - if I have an idea and people like it, I will post it.

If you don’t like it, guess who has the problem?

So you don’t want to be able to activate tentacles when EE procs or to change your eye color to deep purple?

Seriously, you can simply say you support the idea BUT the High Elf part.

At this rate anyone not playing a Void Elf or a High Elf by proxy, it would seem.

Everyone else can go to the wall, as long as Void Elves get it all, am I right?

not him thats for sure because hes allowed to disagree with your suggestion.

there are already existing threads about voidelf customisation, this really doesnt need another thread, slowly but surely its bordering on spam.

5 Likes

I do not intend to hide them in the first place, and do not intend to make my eyes not deep purple.

2 Likes

POST YOUR IDEAS and don’t blame other players for doing EXACTLY what Blizzard has asked us to do

Cool, other Void Elf players want more diversity.

Brigante you really need to calm down. It’s just a request. It’s just an idea. Please don’t forget that this is what the forums are here for. For ideas and suggestions. It was never Blizzard’s intentions for the forums to be used to attack other people for ‘‘making too many suggestions’’.

The High elf fanbase was not listened to for over a decade. Now that they have finally been listened to, they’re trying to make some more requests while the winds have changed in their favour. It’s not done with malice against other races…

When people ask for bananas and you give them oranges do you think they will be happy? They asked for High elves, not Void elves. While I do like Void elves and admire them, I admit they came completely out of the blue (hah!) and the only reason they came out was for the hill of visual distinction which was an utter failure.

You were not a fool for supporting this. This was a good thing. If Void elves just stayed like that people would just get increasingly more frustrated. They literally had 2 shades of dark blue, 2 shades of green-blue, and 2 shades of grey-blue. Their hair colours were horrendous. No I don’t exactly agree with how they went about it but at least they tackled the problem and gave us some nice hair colours. Which we really really appreciate and are really grateful for.

Yes, agreed, let other races receive things after what is added in 9.1.5. Making requests does not stop Blizzard from making more customization for other races though :slight_smile:, you know that. They can give us more stuff later down the line, these requests are not for right now but for later.

2 Likes

Whilst i love and support cosmectic’s this is looking like spam now just keep to one thread with updated idea’s :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s fine, I want every time I use my pack hobgoblin to have 5k gold deposited in my bank.

Already have done so, there is a thread about it. Problem is, right now they have fixated on the one group that is being very vocal, who has already had the most stuff and keeps wanting more.

You know, the silly thing is, your original post, about allowing Void Elves to customise their EE effects? That I like. That’s nice, as long as there is a visible effect that they are a Void Elf. You say you want this for your Void elf? Fine, Groovy, I like the idea.

It was the next bit that made me go “What the Heck!” and suddenly set off alarm bells “Maybe an option so they still look normal when triggering EE”

So Not a Void Elf then?

-Your- intentions may have been sincere, I highly doubt that some of the people backing it’s intentions are sincere. They don’t want Void Elves for a moment. They want High Elves playable on Alliance. They don’t even make a secret of it! Heck, some of them even want the race name changed to High Elf, not Void Elf.

Unwittingly you then posted a ‘suggestion’ which fit right into their agenda. Come on, you’re smart, you’ve seen the US Forums, you’ve seen the discords, you’ve seen some of the forums over here, and you know I’m right. They want High Elves, not Void Elves. Your suggestion would facilitate that. Until they then push for Paladins.

You seem to think I am in a state of anything other than rather chilled out mirth and exasperation.

No, that was my intention, in labelling it as selfish. The EE effects thing? Not Selfish, the Smuggling High Elves in via the back door? Definitely Selfish. Shockingly, I am allowed to venture that opinion.

You may have been reading different High Elf Forum requests than I have then. Some of them most certainly have been at the cost of other playable races, Do they still just want the ruined side of Silvermoon, or is it all of it as some suggested?

This is exactly my point! I didn’t -ask- for Nightborne, but we got them (Which is fair enough). This just smacks of Alliance getting two Allied Races for the price of one. Fine, give Horde another Allied Race then. It’ll be damned Ogres. (Should be Gnolls, a man can dream) but they look different. Watch the howls of outrage about Horde Bias at getting something knew. I mean Ogres would be logical, part of the Horde since before WoW even launched, requested ages ago, still part of the Horde with NPC’s, now has a model skeleton that is usable to recreate them, they are the direct counterparts of the High Elves.

I feel dirty even advocating Horde get Ogres…

6 Likes