Lets Go For Eso

Yeah yeah go play ESO!!!
Where everybody is using a well made macro to dps just by pressing 1 key…
Where you enter cyrodiil kill 5 people that have 0 clue how this game works and you get 50 death wishing ragewhispers
Where ping in cyrodiil is above 80 and around 8 afternoon you make 1 step per hour from the lag excluding the disconnects…

How about lagging in dungeons too?

ESO was a very promising game, the company is greedy. All about money leeching players while selling a malfunctional product.

Since microsoft bought them, all of these will probably get fixed, but the whole endgame design is flawed imo.

I would have ESO as my main MMO if the combat wasn’t so weightless and the world so fragmented. In one play session I see more loading screens than in Oblivion and it just takes the wind out of my sails.

Their monetization also leaves something to be desired. I’m not allergic to microtransactions and spent quite a bit in their online store (in addititon to keeping a subscription going and buying the expansions) but the churn is too much. Both individual items and themed loot boxes were coming in and going out of that store so quickly that people lost interest altogether.

The music, visuals, crafting, quests, and general adherence to lore are all top-notch though. Most immersive MMORPG, in my opinion. GW2 used to be similar but then Anet began to fart out cosmetics that are the visual equivalent of splashing citric acid in your eyes.

Could be, but since the beggining players including me whined about their game engine they borrowed which was clearly a horrible one(swtor) and laggy.

Hardly doubt microsoft will make a new game engine to a game that is dying and survives with new players who play for a few months until they realize what they actually are playing and paying for :slight_smile:

The end game… Does not exist though, probably 1 of their raid contains less mechanics from current mythic Nzoth. Non appealing at all + the insane lagspikes that ruin everything.

I prefer SWTOR.

post edited

I tried to like eso so bad, but its just awful system designing. Even worse than wow with it’s borrowed powers. I put in around 100 hours and tried to find positives so bad, but the endgame is just lame. I rather enjoy things like torchlight 3 at the moment.

you could not pay me to play ESO the combat is awful

I think it would sooth everyone to play some Kind Words while waiting for Shadowlands. Forums have been somehow really mean and cranky lately, already before annoucement. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I can look after your gold in the meantime. Send it over.

If you’re looking for a crapshow, then ESO is the place to be. Do you realise they are currently doing AOE testing in Cyrodiil right now? Why? Because their performance/netcode is so bad they have to limit the number of AOEs people are doing. Yes, this includes Templar’s primary offensive ability. A lot of Ultimates now have these weird cast times, when ESO’s main highlight was fast-paced action combat. Take that away and you’ve just got a stock standard MMO like the rest of them.
If you don’t want a boring horse, then you’ll have to dive into the crown shop and purchase an overly expensive mount for real money, or why not try your hand at the loot boxes! It’s the true definition of a f2p game. Screw ESO. I gave 5 years of my life to that game and all they did was make it worse. Remember when you could have hundreds of people battling it out on the same screen in Cyrodiil, with these epic sieges? Yeah, now it can barely handle 4 people. Good luck to you if you go back. You’ll need it.

I’d rather do archeology for Draenor pristines then play ESO.

2 Likes

I’d rather do Jagged Alliance 2 for 3901809824th time, Woody.

I played ESO year ago. It’s look pretty. But, too much stores for mounts, pets, DLC, ect.

Reason ESO is Free-to-Play. Why they put more moneys like sub.

I had such high hopes for ESO, being a huge Elder Scrolls fan.
Played the beta, was there when it first launched. Played through right to Molag bal and then…

The game made you do it all again. Except this time where before you could have fun killing stuff and doing quests, the game had fun with you by one shotting you i you attacked more than one enemy and you just stood there spamming light spear.

So much potential.
All wasted.

Nah. If I want a good time with The Elder Scrolls, I’ll play Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim.

If I want to be annoyed or bored, I’ll play Redguard or The Elder Scrolls Online. But I don’t play games to be bored/annoyed, so I guess TESO will remain unplayed.

1 Like

I actually went back to ESO a little while back when I took a break from WoW.
It’s still ‘kinda’ fun, but it has always just missed ‘that little something’.
It’s fun for a while, but not like WoW; something I could play forever.

So I play that game on and off, for smaller stretches of time. And that’s fine.

My better computer went out the way of dodo at monday and i am using my old 7 year old computer that runs WoW at steady 30 fps.

It runs ESO about 12-17 fps with everything looking like first runescape or minecraft so even if i wanted to play ESO which i find from the gameplay side more boring than minecraft i can’t even play it with my potato.

I always love when people crap on WoW for its lag when there are games half the lifetime of wow with absolute horrible lag problems.

Lag is one of the main reasons why i got bored of eso that and the combat in that game just feels so boring that i can’t do that more than few hours maybe.

Man i would love to like SWTOR if i could play as some of the more interesting races of Star Wars universe but instead of that we get to play the most boring choices the universe has…

Also i don’t trust my self when it comes with money grapping ingame stores.