Lets Go For Eso

Yeah I left because of the lag also. Remember the time they removed the deer from Cyrodiil because they thought it would help with performance? This is the quality of developers they have over there. We’ve got it pretty good with WoW.

2 Likes

Yup i love the professionalism in ESO when they try to fix stuff by randomly trying stuff.

Its the same kind of experience in STO where there is lots of times where developers have no idea what is going on because the people who originally created the game are long gone and the people now running things are like monkeys poking atomic bomb with a stick.

1 Like

I gave it a try about a month ago and couldn’t stand it. I started in some city and just kept getting quests that sent me around to talk to NPCs. There was no fighting, no using skills, just running around from A to B clicking on NPCs.

Maybe it’s just a really badly designed introduction to the game. World of Warcraft definitely has design problems that are confusing for new players (especially between expansions, but Shadowlands will fix that), but at least WoW has some simple starting zones where new players get some straight-forward quests that involve killing mobs and exploring an interesting area.

Zenimax really mocked up ESO, given just how rich the lore is in the elder scrolls universe and how much they had to work out from. We all knew it wouldn’t be a “Standard” Elder scrolls game, but Zenimax really stood ut as unprofessional.

I remember that they didn’t have any anti-bot system in place, as well as having instant casts on Templars , meaning templar bot trains made it impossible to level in the starting zones. It was so bad that zenimax staff had to work around the clock to just manually ban any bot train they came accross.

I had high hopes or ESO and have played it on and off, but it never hooks me like FF14 or WoW has. I think what kills it is the lack of proper end game progression and something to reach for, combined with a clunky combat system.

Yes, the ARR stuff is very boring.

Did I give up too soon on FFX14? Is the whole game filled with those super-boring quests, or does it eventually get more gameplay-focused?

After 50 lvl it’s really fun. And also gets flying. Not sure about pvp though, never tried it.

Ouch. Yeah, the Elder Scrolls / Skyrim developers always made the buggiest graphics engine on the planet. That alone is reason enough for me not to even bother trying ESO.

Honestly, I think it’s a bit sad that WoW doesn’t really have a strong competitor. All the other MMOs have some major flaws. Most of the older ones are way too grindy and don’t have deep class systems with interesting dungeons and raids.

Yes, this was such a cliffhanger!

Haha I watched it too, hilarious! It’s usually funny when he’s trying a new game, his Dark Souls playthrough was very entertaining as well.

1 Like

I love how every game that uses the same engine has the same bugs where you run above your mount and nobody has solved it yet after all these years.

WoW might not be the game it used to be but its still kind of sad that still there is no real competition that interests me on the level wow still does after all these years.

Also people always cry how badly optimised wow is meanwhile i am playing it on my 7 year potato which still runs it decently while STO has like 10-15 fps on all low and ESO i wont even try because a) I would have to play it looking worse than wow did in 2004 and b) it takes over 90 gb of storage space which on my potato is very limited.

I could slap in my 1TB hdd but i doubt potato would handle it having 3 ssd and massive hdd in it with 240 watt psu. And i have no interest at all currently buying new computer or upgrading obsolete potato so i could play a game that i barely have interest to play.

I bet i could still play wow on my old laptop from cataclysm/mop era which by itself makes wow superior over constant hardware upgrade cycle.

Of course depending on the quests you pick up.

Personally I only pick up the quests that gives gear and then I do fates on the side for the exp I would otherwise lack.

Most quests that give gear, are enemy-killing quests. But it is no lie, there is a whole lot of optional fetch quests in FFXIV.

And the overall design with a main-questline that you HAVE TO complete is not for everyone, you’d need to be heavy into story and lore in a MMORPG, which is why it suits me better than WoW, because the lore in WoW is destroyed expansion after expansion, and even new introductions are destroyed by even newer introduction.

FFXIV is far more coherent in that regard, and even uses zones and characters from past expansions. Shadowbringers being the odd expansion, but that is because much of the Shadowbringers expansion happens on another world that you do not get to by conventional means.

Quests are a simple matter compared to the class system, or jobs as they are called in FFXIV. Gotta get used to being able to do every “class” on one character, but still having to level each “class” up individually. The only reason you’d make an alt is to have a character of another race.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.