Let's talk about the Mistweaver (you know, that ranged thing that existed once upon a time)

Hello

Today, I’m going to talk to you about the Mistweaver Monk at range (not the aberration known as fw).

When will something be done? Since the first season of SL, the spec has been among the worst for healing… (so since 2020).

I’m only referring to arena and not to RBGs

Here are a few points that are not working:

• Mana: Classes deal immense damage, and we ABSOLUTELY CANNOT maintain mana. We can withstand the pressure, but after 2 minutes, I’m as dry as the desert, except there’s no mirage of having mana.
  • Crowd Control (CC): Paralysis dispels all dots, the stun where you have to take risks to push (because the situation can quickly turn against you, especially for monks), the ring, nothing to say… Oh, except at the very beginning of DF, we could take the ring and the Chi-Ji’s Song (until Blizzard decides otherwise :clown_face:).
  • Defensive cooldowns (CDs):
    • The cocoon, nothing to say.
    • The revival, nothing to say.
    • Great, we have two CDs.
    • Fortifying Brew or the spell that takes longer to cast than a Paladin’s bubble? (Fun fact, if I play with the passive that improves it, 8 minutes of cooldown time).

While other healers:

• The Rsham: can dispel, kick, stun, shapeshift, and rarely goes down
  • The Holy priest Hey, I turn into a valkyr every two minutes, I keep everyone up, I’m immune to damage, and I don’t lose mana, seriously? Do I need to say more?
  • The Disc priest: He’s not as broken as his brother, but man, the ultimate penance… lol
  • The Rdrood:Oooh the Rdrood, who was at the top of his game, with the treants plus his treant burst heal… Do you have Greenpeace on your back for putting so many trees on a single spec?
  • The Holy Paladin: Well, he’s not at the top of his game, but he’s still better than the mistweaver monk and, well, he doesn’t go oom as fast as a monk
  • The Evoker: So, this thing that was broken in Season 1, that’s starting to make a comeback and can use Emerald Communion in all situations

Do you see the problem?

So what are the solutions:

• Add a fourth specialization to the mistweaver monk to separate the FW from the MW, because the mana nerf that was mainly for the FW but also impacts the MW
  • Improve the mana, please
  • Add utilities, a purge, a spell, damage because the crackling jade lightning is completely useless
  • Add a new CD or fix the current CDs (hello the drink with a 6 minute cooldown)
  • Bring back the MOP or WOD or Legion mistweaver monk by adapting it to the current PVP (but without making it as useless as it is now)

The purpose of this post is not to spit on other healers, but to show how useless the MW has been in arena for the past 4 years.

Even though I don’t think it will change anything, unless a developer gets lost here.

#JusticeForMistweaver #FreeMW (I’m trying to make this work with Britney)

15 Likes

It’s sad because if feels like someone at Blizzard is adamant they want MW to be punching to heal, and it’s just not the move.

Make Mistweaving Great Again!

4 Likes

Used to really like casted mw sometime earlier df. But then came the nerfs… Nerfs to mana, to healing and to cds…
Even though they were targeted fistweaver it is somehow still better than ranged lol
Kinda shows the level of knowledge blizzard has and the (in)ability to balance specs…

Unfortunately ww is good, so monk is well represented which means we most likely won’t see any changes

1 Like

Its been an idea that blizzard has tried to do since its creation

And you have to note “CASTER / NOT FW / NORMAL MW” in LFG
Because FW is a new default

There’s only 1 path to making caster MW good again

• Soothing mist is castable while moving
  • Duration of interrupts reduced by 25%
  • Leg sweep has a choice node talent for an aoe stun that gets casted at your target’s location instead of in melee for you (similar to the Thunderstorm talent for Resto shaman where you can knock people away from your teammate and the Thunderstorm gets casted around your teammate instead of around you)
  • Mana tea slight buff for casted MW only OR Soothing Mist / Enveloping reduces mana costs by next spells stacking slightly buffed

You implement all of those, casted MW is an S tier healer, you implement a few of those, the spec will be a lot better

I abandoned my casted MW back in S2 because I played it a lot in SL but just saw no point in getting denied from groups all the time in Dragonflight, literally nobody wants to play with a Casted MW.

This is because you get kicked = team dies, you get cc-ed = healing stops and team dies, you don’t have great ways to avoid CC as well

2 Likes

Would be nice to have some form of meaningful range damage. Maybe ability to cast Thunder Focus Tea + Instant Enveloping at enemies.

The mana is the biggest issue ngl, it’s soooooooo bad rn

A lot of things can be done by developers to improve the MW, the only thing that is currently missing (for a few years now) is the desire to improve this specialization

1 Like

#justiceformw

2 Likes

#makemwgreatagain

2 Likes

#justiceformw

1 Like

#makemwgreatagain

#JusticeforMW

1 Like

its blizzard and retail, everything that can be ruined will be ruined