Lets talk Cursing!

I ment you can either censor them all, or none of them. Middlegrounds are not appropriate with such a subject. I am a strong advocate of no censorship at all.

Yes people use swear words,
i use sweard words

I use the following:

And i think thats perfectly fine.
I am known to call someone a

Or a

I try and not use the R-Word for obvious reasons
Why is asking people not to use the C-word like this

Why is that wrong
Its so much worse then the other examples stated.
Its common decency to not use those words in such context
Its rude, offensive and obnoxious and, quite frankly, a horrific show of character if you use them otherwise, especially when someone asks you not to.

1 Like

You can. Aussies use it as a greeting lol. But profanity filter exists - and if they try avoiding it, just report them and it instantly removes all their profanity from your chat channels :slight_smile:

The use of obscene or taboo language - or swearing , as it’s more commonly known - is often seen as a sign that the speaker lacks vocabulary, cannot express themselves in a less offensive way, or even lacks intelligence

This says it all.

1 Like

If it offends you that much look into some addon’s im sure theres an addon which will do “text” filtering based upon a selection of words you enter. so “Cancer” could become Cabbage or something. I do not know if this is a real thing but considering theres tonnes of addons for a multitude of things I would be surprised if this didnt exist.

Or maybe petition blizz to add a Word Filter text area in the Mature Chat Filter.

please dont use A B C D F G H I J L M P Q R S T V X Y Z words…

K
/10chars

1 Like

K word is fine to be used same for E word

I can’t actually think of a bad word with E

I agree with Räbies though. It’s not nice to use diseases to describe people

You legit just said you use all the other words but you don’t want to see people use this one?

That’s called being a hypocrite

2 Likes

Thats why I love swearwords. If my opponent in an argument/discussion starts cursing, I know I have won, which makes the rest of the debate so much easier.

Ignoring a problem is how the world is in the way it is at the moment.

I agree, having recently lost my mom to a long battle with cancer; it’s not something you want to be reminded of every time you enter the pugworld. People that use this word outside of the gaming world are frowned upon.

Try using this word irl with strangers, if it’s so innocuous there shouldn’t be any problems right?

I understand this word has multiple meanings, but there are way better words to describe discontent than cancer.

No words should be banned period. People should be banned for using them with malicious intent but words themselves devoid of context should never be banned, any word. Screw censorship.

2 Likes

This seems to be an insult that stemmed from the non-English speaking (European) countries.

I’m from the UK and when I started playing WoW anyone from here would not use the word cancer as an insult by it was widely used by people who’s first language was not English.

Now it’s common in the British vocabulary.

Something the UK can’t be blamed for!!

What problem? Cursing is as old as writing/speaking.

1 Like

People use it to describe something really bad. So unless you think cancer isn’t really bad I don’t know why you’d have a problem with it.

Also tens of thousands of people a year die from rabies so if this isn’t a troll, which seems highly unlikely, then the OP is rather hypocritical.

1 Like

Then ignore it.

Yeah great. Someone is also probably gonna be offended if i call him an adonis. Sounds like a him problem however. I can stop using it against him. I will however not stop using it in general. If you have an issue with that then thats frankly put your problem. This is SJW stuff that is infact only working against itself. So congratz for achieving the opposite at best of what you want.

Dont tell other people how to speak in general.

Its also not that hard to ignore people who use it.

1 Like

And traditionally it’s frowned upon to use. You are suggesting ignoring it.

I’m going to use the P-word.

We’re currently in a second wave of the pandemic mainly because people are ignoring the rules, typically 20-30 year olds.

That was a brutal example but illustrates the point quite well. For one closer to WoW-home people have been advised to ignore gold sellers and you could argue now that’s turned into it’s own epidemic. If I look at the group finder there’s more sellers than actual groups, by a large margin.

I’ll readily admit to uttering a choice curse word at times but I know it’s wrong and do try to restrain myself in public. There’s already people who use it like punctuation, do you really like to live in a world like that.

Why are people so fragile and sensitive these days :smiley:

1 Like