Lets talk Cursing!

Bad example given thats blizzards lack of executing their own rules.

Don’t really see your point. You said people frown upon swearing, yet you swear also. Should I frown upon you?

Definitely Yes, but it’s also a lack of player reporting too; we know it takes very few reports for the ‘player’ to be automatically banned.

As someone that has lost several to this disease, I can sympathise with this feeling. I find it distasteful as well. I don’t thinking banning the word is the solution, but I really have no respect for people using the word like that.

1 Like

Could just have certain words blacklisted for LFG. Gold and its variants would be a starter. Boosting not so much given that people could also write “no boosted people” even tho thats quite pointless but tbh they still could and inform people not to use these words as it will blacklist your groups. Or just have the GMs actually do their work and camp the LFG tool and bann everything on sight that doesnt belong there.

And wait double the time. I managed to find plenty just typing WTS. Blizzard could make an algorithm easily but it’s lower priority. They prefer players to do the dirty work but players dont want to so just complain. A bit from both sides is needed.

Your not old enough to play wow. Away to sunday school or something

Just a few general points

1. The language filter is not an excuse to excessively curse or use foul language. In actuality, we have fairly strong rules against it by the CoC and ToU for both forums and in-game, and people get silenced quite alot for it if reported. The Language filter is there as a last protective barrier against the people who disregards the chat rules. It is not an excuse.

2. Anyone who thinks they are mature or grown up by trashtalking people are infact the opposite.

3. The whole “get thick skin” is such a tired argument used by incels or 12 year olds. WoW is for everyone, and its why we have things like the chat rules in place. If you want to curse or use harsher language, do so among friends. In public or with randoms, follow the rules and keep up appropriate behavior.

4. As already pointed out, language can be offensive without anyone being offended. It’s also not automatically a bad thing to be offended or upset by someone saying certain disruptive or harsh things. The fault is at the person saying it, and putting the blame on the one hurt by it is just poor behavior.

1 Like

Your not old enough to talk to me so go to do ur homework, school is tomorrow.

1 Like

What?! No!

And even if someone is offended… So what?
I don’t care. It’s THEIR problem they got offended.
Deal with it.

This is a serious thing that is ruining things like comedy. A joke is a joke.
You can think it’s funny or not, that is absolutely fine, but to be offended by it… Who cares?! So you’re offended; fine. Moving on.

The problem lies with the offended people thinking that things actually should change or be forbidden or silenced because of their feelings.

1 Like

It’s not ruining comedy or jokes at all. Every joke has a time and place, and people seem to forget that.

One joke that you can tell to friends or people who appreciate it won’t fly the same with another group of people. Your friends might appriciate a dark edgy joke about for example a disease, where as other people who might suffer from it or have lost someone to said disease, would not appriciate it at all.

And in a public space where you don’t know everyone or who they are, you shouldn’t be pulling out certain things at all.

If you fail to see that it’s a you problem, and means you need to work on social queues and understanding.

It’s very simple basic behavior and human decency. The people who cry about it and how everyone is “triggered” or etc are just trying to excuse their own crappy behavior due to ego & sometimes, with a malicious intention behind it.(See Trumpists & alt-righters who pull that excuse all the time)

You can more or less joke about everything, but you can’t do it to everyone or everywhere. Time, place & audience is key.

Deal with it.

This scene pretty much describes what the world is becoming.

2 Likes

It’s been so long since I saw that movie! Good shout man, gotta rewatch tonight

1 Like

You will be shocked how well its predicted the future tbh, apart from like the plasma guns :joy:

1 Like

Of course theres a time and place for right joke and not every joke is for everyone. I dont belive that any words should be banned, but at the same time it doesnt mean that we all should swear at the same time all day long. Its about controling others behaviour, if some1 is acting or talking bad just mute him and stop interacting with him, but controling other people behaviour is not a solution.

1 Like

Elon Musk: Hold me a beer

In my region of the world (Northern Norway), we don’t usually run around calling each others “offensive” stuff, but in the rare cases it happens, it’s not a big deal in the long run, we handle it and are done with it. We’re not that easily offended, that’s actually a modern thing we’re now getting forced upon us, mostly because since we’re getting invaded by foreigners with different views.

We also curse a lot. It doesn’t make us less intelligent as implied above, it’s just how we speak. It’s not a big deal, and few even cares.

I guess we’re more thick-skinned than the rest of the world, who is looking at everything through a microscope, chasing stuff to be offended about.

Im foreigner invader in Norway and I just love how you handle things, its possible. To laugh with you guys almost about everything and you add helvete and faen everywhere (sorry for writing it corectly im mostly speaking nor, not writing it good xd). Skal dude.

1 Like

Mostly agree with you except that telling people to mind their behavior or to in this case follow the rules we all accepted to play the game, is not controlling someone.

Sweden too! Feel free to come over here and swear with me all day long

1 Like