Level squish survey

There is literally NO reason for a level squish.

• It will not make leveling faster.
  • You still won’t get meaninful spell upgrades and talents at every level so it’s pointless.
  • Other games (like ESO) have a champion point requirement of cp160 and it’s fine.
  • Expansions come with a max level boost anyway, so seeing ‘120 levels ohmygod’ won’t put off new players any more than ‘80 levels ohmygod’.
  • It’s okay to keep high numbers. ESO has up to 810 cp (basically talent points you can put into passives to boost select stats) and it’s fine.
  • Max level 80 or 120 are equally arbitrary when the process of getting there takes the same time. Changing a number doesn’t improve leveling.
  • It would make it harder to understand for new and returning players (‘I saw a video of a 110 raid, when can I reach that?’)
  • All of previous expansion details, online articles, guides, etc would have to be edited retrospectively and it would make it super confusing.
  • Many people who want a level squish might just want it for the sake of seeing their level at 60 and 80 again, for the sake of nostalgia. But come on it wouldn’t change the game at all, leveling would still take as long, just the digits would be different. We don’t spend time staring at our level number anyway so it’s a completely unnecessary change.

I really hope they DO NOT level squish.

And please everybody, while you discuss the level squish, do not actually presume something else. ‘Rewards for every ding’ is not a level squish discussion, ‘More streamlined leveling experience’ is not a level squish discussion, ‘Leveling shouldn’t take as long’ is not a level squish discussion. A level squish is literally just: take the same leveling, with the same route and zones, the same number of quests done and the same number of mobs killed, take the same amount of hours that it requires now, and ask yourselves if it would be really an improvement whatsoever if the number at the end would be different.

6 Likes