Leveling as a holy priest?

Hello! Just wondering if I should be leveling my priest as holy or shadow and respec to holy from shadow when I hit 60. Or should I just go holy the whole time. Seems a bit hard to level as a holy priest solo?

There’s no need to level as Holy, because even in full shadow tree spec, dungeons are not difficult enough to demand you being Holy. Priests can heal all dungeons up to around Blackrock Depths (level 50+), before talent points in Holy/Disc become necessary.

Make sure to put 5 points into Wand Spec (Discipline tree) to give you +25% Damage, and get yourself a good wand. With those talent points and a good wand, you will do more damage than using spells.

The other 5 points you want to spend asap are in Spirit Tap (Shadow tree), it means when questing you have 100% increased mana regen pretty much all the time so can chain pull mobs and no need to drink.

4 Likes

I can only 100% agree with what Arbet said. Go Shadow, though do put 5 points into Wanding in Disc as you WILL be wanding A LOT, then next 5 for Spirit Tap in Shadow.
Generally what I did was shield myself, SW:P and start wanding. Very little down time this way, especially with Spirit Tap once you get a bit of +spirit gear.
Don’t level as holy.

Have leveled 2 priests to 60 (vanilla & classic) as holy. It’s fine as long as you get the imp wand and spirit tap talents. Mostly the gameplay is the same. PW:S, SWP and wand. Better in instances, but worse at questing (stick to yellow/green quests).

Play as you like and you’ll enjoy it no matter :slight_smile:

You can level fine in holy. It will be slow (much slower) but that doesn’t mean you can’t/shouldn’t.

Do what YOU want not what others tell you to do.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips!!! <3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.