Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

I'm leveling again to not pay for race and server change and yes, it's PAINFULL now.

Did you notice how it takes even longer to kill anything now?
18/07/2018 10:12Posted by Winterchillz
18/07/2018 10:06Posted by Daive

Well I don't know about that. Most of the levelling content is the same as it was in the era when it was still considered fun. Outland and Northrend are still same as they were before.

Cata questing isn't bad as well and Pandaria has beautifully crafted locations. You need to understand that new players will experience it for the first time and now due to scaling and war mode they will have pretty similar experience as we had when we levelled for a first time. And I sure did have a fun back then.

You see, I agree, mate - I like some vanilla maps, I adore Pandaria, but I think you're leaving the class design out of the equation - leveling is fun when you have character progression, when there's something noticeable happening every other level and things are balanced to be a reasonable time spent per level.

Now, I need to go through 15 levels to get a passive talent. As long as things stay this way, I won't stop asking for better/faster leveling.

Yeah this a valid argument. But still this is you looking at it from a perspective of an experience player.
New players don't know what was better or worse before.
The leveling experience Blizzard made right now will be significantly better for a new players then dungeon spamming and sitting on top of the mail box.
18/07/2018 10:20Posted by Daive
18/07/2018 10:12Posted by Winterchillz

You see, I agree, mate - I like some vanilla maps, I adore Pandaria, but I think you're leaving the class design out of the equation - leveling is fun when you have character progression, when there's something noticeable happening every other level and things are balanced to be a reasonable time spent per level.

Now, I need to go through 15 levels to get a passive talent. As long as things stay this way, I won't stop asking for better/faster leveling.

Yeah this a valid argument. But still this is you looking at it from a perspective of an experience player.
New players don't know what was better or worse before.
The leveling experience Blizzard made right now will be significantly better for a new players then dungeon spamming and sitting on top of the mail box.

I've tried to get a couple of my friends into WoW, people who have played other MMOs and have an idea of what the genre is like, they couldn't even get past level 40, leave alone reaching the big drought between 60 and 80.

It needs a change, I'll happily quest if they add WQs to the old zones and more overlapping of bonus objectives in the same places where quests are, just like in Legion.

Until then, I'm just glad I finished leveling my alts for the time being and I feel sorry for everyone who still has lowbies to take care of.
this is stupid , i only just came back to the game and was enjoying leveling after the hell of leveling this nightborne . I quit the game because of the slow leveling and coming back to find it fast again was amazing for me.

Why oh why does this happen again after i only just started playing again.
Karazhan leveling method was also nerfed from what I have heard.
18/07/2018 02:28Posted by Shwosh
Many suggestion to make leveling better have been great except for the spamable dungeon/raid cheese leveling

If you are honest with yourself you can't really say it is either a fun or enjoyable way to level up witch is what blizzard should aim for

I have 16 110s, 3 of them boosted with expansion keys, i've done nearly all q's each and every way, dungeon running is my preferred option, I enjoy it more than questing now, just because you don't enjoy or prefer it doesn't mean others don't.
18/07/2018 10:35Posted by Silgryn
this is stupid , i only just came back to the game and was enjoying leveling after the hell of leveling this nightborne . I quit the game because of the slow leveling and coming back to find it fast again was amazing for me.

Why oh why does this happen again after i only just started playing again.

the levelling is FAR from slow! compared to what it has been in the past, but tunnelling people that have been playing a game for 10 - 12 years into 1 line of levelling, mainly solo play, is a bit silly. :(
everything to sell lvl 110 chars or not blizzard?
You should "have fun" how blizzard and ion destroywowkostas intended to
I enjoy the fact that leveling isn't just one shotting things, but I don't enjoy having to level in a way that I don't find fun aka questing. I used to have two accounts, because I had reached the max character limit on my main account. I'm sure you can imagine how many times I have done quests over the years and tbh I didn't really like questing even the first time.

I don't mind them nerfing dungeon boosting done by higher level characters, but those nerfs shouldn't affect those who run dungeons with players who are in the same level bracket.
18/07/2018 11:00Posted by Shenzir
everything to sell lvl 110 chars or not blizzard?
your really suprised this is the same bull!@#$ activision blizzard has done in other games make earning thing free a chore or pay for a race change or boost it only give the illusion of choice.
I'll repeat myself, I SO regret not leveling as many chars as possible even before infamous 7.3.5 launched. Now it's getting worse and worse.
From 2 shotting a mob to 1 min a mob no ty
Adding to this: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765946925

Legion assaults apparently no longer scale down.
18/07/2018 10:52Posted by Naerimkut
dungeon running is my preferred option, I enjoy it more than questing now, just because you don't enjoy or prefer it doesn't mean others don't.

I enjoy dungeons, I think both making a dungeon and battleground quests should give a lot more xp and better rewards than ordinary quests

I just don't think something spamable should be effective so we can sit in Stormwind/Orgrimmar waiting for queues
i have been playing wow since vanilla ive done it all several time's over, your killing me blizz ! and im an alt aholic.
18/07/2018 11:26Posted by Shwosh
18/07/2018 10:52Posted by Naerimkut
dungeon running is my preferred option, I enjoy it more than questing now, just because you don't enjoy or prefer it doesn't mean others don't.

I enjoy dungeons, I think both making a dungeon and battleground quests should give a lot more xp and better rewards than ordinary quests

I just don't think something spamable should be effective so we can sit in Stormwind/Orgrimmar waiting for queues

I do get what you mean, But I loathe questing now and liked having another option. something mentioned here like world quests, or little random pop up quests (thinking of rift style and fates in FF) something to break the dull constant questing would be a godsend. I love the fact they made questing feel valuable again too, I enjoyed the 7.3.5 changes where it felt like levelling not ploughing through mobs but around level 30 ish I just gave up as the boredom sunk in from repated quests :(
18/07/2018 11:25Posted by Kehinaan

Uhm, but that would mean for all ppl leveling in the zone 6hours where you cannot level there if you are 101 in a zone with level 110+ mobs you get roflstomped... that cannot be the intended goal.... -_-'
18/07/2018 11:45Posted by Tomeka
18/07/2018 11:25Posted by Kehinaan

Uhm, but that would mean for all ppl leveling in the zone 6hours where you cannot level there if you are 101 in a zone with level 110+ mobs you get roflstomped... that cannot be the intended goal.... -_-'
At this point id be more surprised if it isnt their goal.
18/07/2018 11:48Posted by NĂ­ko
18/07/2018 11:45Posted by Tomeka

At this point id be more surprised if it isnt their goal.

this is very bad