Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/8zp23b/leveling_nerfed_even_more/

I just logged in to continue leveling my 60-something warrior and realized a few new things:

The dungeon exp bonus now lists as a reward that will only happen once per week.
Having a friend to power you through stockades/ramparts/whatever doesn't give the large exp bonus at the end, basically killing that option.
Basically back to questing for everyone?

Blizzard, please stop trying to shoehorn us into quests! I'm a loremaster, I've seen the quests. They're no longer fun or entertaining, they're a mindless chore that brings nothing but boredom and frustration.

Leveling needs to become more than quests. You can't expect new players to sit through content that is almost (And in some cases over) a decade old to get to the real game.

Add world quests, group-based dynamic events, scenarios, un-nerf dungeons. Give players a reason to group up and tackle content.

Do not force us down this linear path of leveling exclusively through quests.

EDIT: Karazahn trash farming is also no longer viable.
They’ve also increased the number of hits it takes to down each mob (Again), turning them into damage sponges.

EDIT 2:L̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶a̶s̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ - This seems to have been fixed.

Edit 3: Blizzard's plan to address this include nerfing Legion so that it's more 'in line' with the rest of the nerfs. It seems our feedback being ignored.

Edit 4: The Health and Damage of mobs has been reduced

Edit 5: Blizzard have adjusted the amount of experience needed to level between 40 and 100. Reducing it by an average of 14% at 60-80.
Thank you Blizzard. While it's not exactly going to fix leveling, it will take away a bit of the pain involved. That said, 14% for levels 60-80 still doesn't quite seem enough.
18/07/2018 01:04Posted by Aeula
Having a friend to power you through stockades/ramparts/whatever doesn't give the large exp bonus at the end, basically killing that option.

Pretty sure that particular change won't really affect a majority of the player base.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I finished getting a different character to level 110 today, needless to say that it seems my timing was impeccable.

I almost ran out of quests in Legion by grace of starting Legion at level 98, I probably would have were it not for random dungeons mixed in. I really wish they would take a look at Guild Wars 2 for some inspiration for gaining experience.
18/07/2018 01:06Posted by Karin
18/07/2018 01:04Posted by Aeula

Pretty sure that particular change won't really affect a majority of the player base.

Just because it doesnt affect a majority doesnt mean its good
No proof of this? just his word?
Do we know that it is not just a bug?
Does it have a way larger EXP reward to make up for it?
Until I see it for myself I'm not gonna freak out about it.
It could possibly be good for those that dont have time to level if it offers once a week a huge amount of exp. But it would kinda kill the dungeon finder.
But yeah, lets try it or atleast see it for ourselves before we grab the pitchforks.
They did WHAT ?!!!!!!!
Oh S h i t....
i regreted again for the wasted few days in doing old contents & RP instead of leveling my four remaining alts....
I think, and I'm just spitballing here, that they're trying to drive more of the player base into PVP. The hope is that many will turn on War Mode for the XP bonus and get a taste for it. Perhaps. Also, if the base XP bonus for levelling is too high then turning on War Mode may make it too fast again.

Personally the strategy is going to work for me. I'm going to level in War Mode for the XP bonus. The added element of danger might make the process more interesting.
Many suggestion to make leveling better have been great except for the spamable dungeon/raid cheese leveling

If you are honest with yourself you can't really say it is either a fun or enjoyable way to level up witch is what blizzard should aim for
I had fun with it though, me and wife were two manning the dungeons/heroics/raids in TBC/WotLK from level 72 till 88. It still brought a challenge. The XP for completing them made it worth it when mob xp died down.

Same with Kara, I'd run it every week. Full run, just because you can trash farm doesn't mean you had to stick with it or have to boost that alt in just a day.

I feel sad they are taking away options to play outside the box, I've always enjoyed that in MMO's. Keeps it fresh.
Shoehorn quests? They are getting you to buy the €60 boosts mate, after they killed off the gold sellers and took the profit for themselves, they realized now they want a piece of what they once offered for power leveling as direct profit.
I cannot believe people still complain about stuff that that makes gameplay take longer.
The whole ethos since Legion is quantity over quality.
When asking or debating a question, ask yourself, "does this increase my game play time?"
You will then have your reason to 99% of the features in the game.
i wonder .... what if Blizz would add world quests in old zones ?
they allready did it in silithus mini event and in stranglethorn fishing event

why wouldnt they just give couple freaking world quests like "kick 10 bananas" in ungoro

so you can do main questline while doing WQs

would be great for loremaster players and overall refreshing to a game zones IMO
If you find leveling hard now then classic servers is nothing for you.
i wonder .... what if Blizz would add world quests in old zones ?
I wonder about that myself sometimes. Then I just think, "Well, maybe they should just spend their time making content in the nice shiny new beautiful up to date graphics world."

For me the old world is just a journey, and the journey should be nice, but it should be over once it's over.
Wait, so dungeons no longer give any xp?

Welp, there goes my allied races leveling...
It would benefit a lot of people to do more research into this before jumping to conclusions.
It's like blizzard either are forcing you to populate lower level realms to make them look alive or pay for a 110 character.
Yeah , I knew that would prolly happen ... I was pushing my Nightborne through Draenor as far as possible before the patch hit... only got to 97 but better than nothing... -_-still need to finish my void elf after this .... sigh... an then other Allied races come out ...
Just tested this in the Stockades and the low lvl char didnt get the dungeon xp. Hogger did seem to give a bit more but not sure about that.
But other than this post and reddit, there isn’t anything about it. So just gonna report it, hopefully it’s a bug and will get fixed.

I mean,I like leveling; leveled many chars over the years, a lot of chars with the normal pre-7.3.5 way, boosted some, some with Raf and a few after 7.3.5. But taking away every other way to level is just stupid.

And people saying it’s to sell more boosts; I think it would make more sense to just lower the price. There’s a lot of people who’d never spend that money for boosting 1 char. (Same with the other services)