Levels are not going to be reset for xp potion abusers

So, whatever lenght the bann is/was it turns out it was worth it seeing as the levels are not going to be reset.

Source: reddit where the first people can play again after their bann and reported that they can continue with their boosted up characters. And let’s be real, the moment you are able to continue playing such a character and start gearing them up it is too late for Blizzard to reset the levels. So yeah, it was totally worth it for these people.

What do we learn? Exploiting is always worth it in this game apparently.

6 Likes

This is especially interesting because this exploit was about saving time. Now exploiters traded certain amount of their whole game time to levels that they gained faster. Meaning you could have used the exploit to gain certain amount of levels and then spend the time saved (and when you are banned) playing some other game, achieving on the end exactly same thing you would have if you would have played normally but gaining some extra free time to do other stuff :rofl:

10 Likes

Yes, basically this. One could argue that you would have leveled up normally during your bann so in the end gain nothing but you gained free time. So it’s still a win even with the bann…

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that it’s a bit rash to say this. What you claim would only be the case if these people are only interesting in leveling one char.
They miss out on raids, their progress on all other characters are stunted…

Sure they exploited it and some people really don’t care about a week/month’s ban, but I don’t think you can say that for everyone.

I mean, I sure as hell won’t trade a month of play for a character boost.

1 Like

if it will be like this then indeed it was worth geting this ban.

1 week ban for geting 10-15 alts to max level in few hours ? totaly worth it in the end.

shame blizzard acts like this - we can be sure next exploit found out even more people will abuse it.

1 Like

I rather keep my history of bans clean rather than having a precedent and be banned for even more days the next time. You should consider yourself lucky…

5 Likes

This. Also could probably kiss all the alphas and betas goodbye then. Not worth the risk.

1 Like

Why would i consider myself lucky? I haven’t exploited and i never will because i, too, want to keep my history of bans clean.

However, people who abuse these kind of things likely don’t care about this and take every change of an advantage they can. Also people who tend to get bans usually have more then one account to switch over while the main one is banned.

I think it’s too early to say.

With the Honor gains exploitation that took place prior to BfA in Darkshore, players also received warnings and bans first, and then their Honor was rolled back at a later date.

I think it’s because Blizzard are quick to identify the involved accounts, but it takes a while to create a solution that rolls the accounts back in the particular area.

I fully expect Blizzard to take action in this case too, it’s just a matter of when.

There is a difference between removing honor level and with it maybe a title or a mount and removing potential gear that the person has already farmed on an exploited character. Imagine the outrage when people have farmed 50 ilvl and 10 HoA levels and then have it being removed.

It’s not like i wouldn’t welcome that but i highly doubt Blizzard would go all that way and punish people in stages (idk if that’s the right term for what I am trying to say but i guess you get the idea).

1 Like

Meh, some had more than 3 days. 1 char to max level for 30 days? Sure, worth it right? Perhaps Blizzard learns to increase the bans ^^.

Whoever says something like this is worth a suspension of any kind should just stop playing. If you don’t play for your own enjoyment, don’t play at all :D.

Well we’ll see. Recent history tells me that they have a rather firm zero-tolerance policy on these matters.

The last 3-4 popular exploit waves we’ve had have seen Blizzard take very strong action. There’s no one who’s done any of them, be it the easy Honor gains or the repeatable World Quests or whatever, who’s afterward been left in a position where it felt “worth it”.

I think it’ll be the same this time. For the sake of the integrity of the game, Blizzard does have to snuff out this notion of “exploit early, exploit often”.

So yeah, I think we’ll see rollbacks in the coming days or weeks.

Getting a mark on your account saying “breaking ToU” is never “worth it” in my opinion. Since it may come back to haunt you next ban wave or in grey area exploit territories where most people whould not get any punishments. Or even that one day you sat down while you had a headache and said some crap you regretted to other people resulting in a reported offence.

I mean if they see you have no respect for the ToU they might give a very harsh punishment for something minor or even terminate your account totally, since it’s in their right to do so. The day your account are suspended permanently all the effort ever done on that account whould be gone.

One might think blizzard are fairly lenient with their bans, suspension and punishments. However should we not be happy that’s the case… considering they have the right to just permanently ban you for pretty much anything that breaks the ToU. Regardless if you like the game or not, all your work; mounts, pets, toys etc. will be gone given that’s the case.

1 Like

This is what i wanted to point out on my earlier post. If they don’t remove any gains got with using the exploit, punishment will be nothing more than “price” to pay to get what you want. Instead of following the rules people end up calculating when exploit is “worth” of it for their style of gameplay.

I mean, lucky for receveing such a light punishment this time, and nothing worse. After all, it’s probably most people’s first warning. But starting from the next one…

What punishment are you talking about?!

Being banned for potion exploiting.
I don’t know if you took this personally but I wasn’t talking about you specifically

Oh well ok. It somehow sounded like were thinking that i actually exploited and recieved a bann. :joy:

No no sorry, my bad if I made you think that. It was a general reasoning

There was no warning or ban first infact nobody was banned.

The honor was just rolled back randomly a few weeks later, at the same time as the warning was handed out.