Getting banned for exploiting

Just for the record: I didn’t use the exploit and didn’t get banned.

Suspended players spent hundreds of service medals to level up that fast, right? How is it “unfair” to see people level up faster than others, when they’ve also paid more than them?

Using this exploit was like cheating in a single player game, where no one was harmed and no experience was ruined (other than some people who were angry that some others spent more to get more).

For those saying “iT wAs A cLeaR anD ObviOus BUg”, I’d like to see all those who deleted their mythic+ keys in the first few months of BFA also get banned for a month each, because it was a clear and obvious bug. Using a single heirloom trinket for both of your slots could also be a clear and obvious bug. Who knows what’s intended and what isn’t, when the one who created it chooses to remain silent?

I’ve seen youtubers such as ~Rextroy one-shot raid bosses and real players by using exploits, only for Blizzard to just fix them and don’t punish them one bit. Yet spending more currency to level up faster without harming anyone deserves up to 30 day bans?

All I see here is people blaming the water leaking from a missplaced valve and not the plumber who set it up like that.

Exploiting has always been one of the key charasteristics of our kind. Getting punished for trying to get to our destinations faster (without hurting anyone) is just plain stupid.

——————————————————

Blizzard: forgets to put up a fence somewhere
Sheeps: run away
Blizzard: How dare you? No food for a month!

5 Likes

Not again…

8 Likes

Your constructive opinion is appreciated.

The constructive opinions have been given in the 100 previous threads about this subject.

7 Likes

Magiola’s reaction is because we’ve had a dozen or so topics on this matter, so it’s not really helpful to see yet another one pop up with someone stating their take.

6 Likes

Just to give you an idea of where you should have posted.
Any of these other numerous threads would have been much better than adding more spam to this.

5 Likes

Splitting the potions into different stacks to get multiple effects should be a clear bug, and if you can’t understand that you’re abusing it then you deserve to be punished, least for your own stupidity/ignorance.

If you find a bug that benefits you and then replicate it in order to gain an advantage, you’re abusing it. Wanna be safe and unbanned, simply report it and don’t share that information with others than Blizzard. Would do you good to remember that you in no way own your account, you’re merely renting it from Blizzard who can take it back at any time by banning you.

1 Like

Did you even read my post?

1 Like

This changes what exactly?
Sorry, I don’t see your point.

I get where you’re coming from but it “hurt” blizzard, the 110 boosts exist for a reason.

How can you not see it?

Ignorance is not an excuse. I do agree that Blizzard doesn’t communicate things in a clear matter though. As I said, better safe than sorry.

Thoese who started levelling surely did not intend on boosting, considering that allied races can’t get their heritage armor by boosting as well.

Because I highly doubt anyone who did it actually believed it was a completely intentional mechanic.
Surely no one is that ignorant of how the game works.

All I’m trying to say is that this was Blizzard’s fault. You seem to have forgotten that this is a game and people want to find ways to have fun.

It was an exploit, they got caught, they got a suspension, any more info you need on my opinion are in the myriad of other threads on this subject, Another one wasn’t needed.

1 Like

You think people should not use a game mechanic out of their own doubts?

Am I to stop using a single heirloom trinket for 2 slots out of my own doubt?

Did people have to not delete their m+ keys because they thought it’s a bug?

If you believe it’s an exploit, and shouldn’t really be there, then yes, you should stop.

Doesn’t matter whether you think it’s an exploit or not, whether it’s fair or not, Blizzard deemed it an exploit, and their opinion, after all, is the only one that matters.

1 Like

People were caught for Blizzard’s own mistake and lack of clarification?

Some people leveled several characters in the matter of hours which means blizzard lost money/played time, I don’t like how boring leveling is and I understand why people used the exploit but it was obviously an exploit there’s no way that someone would think it’s meant to work that way, the bonus didn’t stack when the potions were all together, you had to put them into different stacks of ones and then consume them it was obviously not meant to work that way.