LF a Blizzard response: All talents that reduce Spell Resists in PVP no longer works since Phase 2!

Hello,

Many players already know this but let me re-introduce the problem we are dealing with in here.

(First of all, let me state that the following is not considering the default PVP spell hit cap, but only affects everything OVER such a cap. Everything you read below presumes that you are already hit capped.)

The game consists of talents such as Unbreakable Will that increases a chance to resist fear, silence or stun by 15% (5/5).

The game also consists of talents that do exactly the opposite - increase a chance to hit/reduce a chance to resist - like Shadow Focus that reduces the chance your shadow spells will resist (fear, silence, dots).

And then there are spell hit gems and buffs that increase spell hit rating. These also provide a resist reduction by %.

Now, the way the game worked ever since its initial release (actual retail TBC), the talents that reduced chance to resist/increased chance to hit + spell hit rating “penetrated” the talents that increased a chance to resist, meaning that when you had 5/5 Unbreakable will vs 5/5 Shadow Focus, you would only have 5% chance to resist all fears, silences and stuns - NOT 15% !!!

This is also how the game actually worked during the officially emulated TBC experience (Classic TBC) during Phase 1.

Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, Blizzard recently decided to break this behavior entirely with Phase 2, with a stealth/ninja change without a single mention in changelog/patch notes, which ARTIFICIALLY increased all PVP resists and made the game even dumber than before.

This is a direct NERF to spells such as:
Shadow Priest - talent Shadow Focus
Elemental Shaman - talent Elemental Precision
Mage - talent Arcane Focus
Mage - talent Elemental Precision
Warlock - talent Suppression
Hunter - talent Trap Mastery

What does this mean? As a shadow priest with 15% spell hit rating (5% from gear, 10% from shadow focus talent) you still have 15% chance to resist all Psychic Scream and Silence into a disc priest instead of 0%, which makes your shadow spec even more borderline inferior to disc than ever before.

What does this also mean? Mages will resist more counterspells than ever before, same for all warlock spells, same for all shaman spells. All these talents listed above are USELESS as they currently do nothing at all and putting any points whatsoever into them is a complete troll.

On the other hand this is a direct BOOST to many meta comps that are already on top of the ladder without even considering this boost - especially Disc PR will benefit out of this the most.

But what does this mean for the overal PVP gameplay? Yes, you guessed it right. Resists, resists, resists and even more resists. Any competitivness that the game had left is also gonna get reduced by a lot.

Resists are NOT healthy for the PVP gameplay, especially resists of the absolute key CC spells such as fear or silence. This is a mind-boggling stealth change from Blizzard and in my opinion it deserves acknowledgment of Blizzard Dev employees that are responsible for it.

TLDR: More spell resists for no reason in Phase 2, spell hit rating and certain Hit talents absolutely useless in PVP (they dont work at all above default hit cap), meta comps became even stronger, non-meta comps became even worse.

Sources (some of them are already dead in the present time) and Proof:

I cannot post links here so put this together and paste it into your browser

https://
pastebin.
com/UDjApTvx

42 Likes

/bump

I will guess that this stealth buff to some of the strongest classes/specs wasn’t intentional, I really hope they get to read this and fix the mechanic.

What a severe bug, lets hope it gets fixed, within reasonable time tho

BUMP!

Make shadowpriest less wheelchair in PvP again.

2 Likes

Bump
————-

Hope blizzard could read EU forum

Use Preformatted text </> around your link. No messing with them then.

Also Blizzard won’t come and post here about this, all you can do is report it as a bug ingame. In fact asking for a Blizzard reply is against the forums rules.

Report a bug option ingame is a literal placebo, I wouldnt even be surprised if the “submit” button sent the ticket straight into a trash bin.
I have reported dozens and dozens of bugs and none of them were even acknowledged let alone fixed ever since the open beta. It seems that they only react when problems get more “public” and there is an actual demand for resolving them.

8 Likes

Please fix Blizzard this is so gamebreaking currently, resists feel awful in PVP and they are happening so ridiculously often now.

Well, they aren’t acknowledged, I thought you might know that.

They have a hierarchy of bug fixing. The more important ones first.

You have no proof of this, except the one written on your tinfoil hat.

1 Like

Blockquote
They have a hierarchy of bug fixing. The more important ones first.

How would you know? You have no proof of this, but if what you say is true - then how hasn’t this been fixed yet? You think 6 talents being broken isn’t important enough for blizzard?

Blockquote
Also Blizzard won’t come and post here about this, all you can do is report it as a bug ingame. In fact asking for a Blizzard reply is against the forums rules.

Interesting, I read the Forum Code of Conduct and yet I see no mention that it isn’t allowed to ask for someone of Blizzard to reply. Maybe you can actually try to be helpful and give constructive feedback about the mechanics of this game instead of filling this thread with how this forum works and the supposed ‘rules’ of this forum.

3 Likes

I know because Blizzard have said this before, the most important bugs get fixed first.

I’m sure you read this then.

Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon

If only they proved that with their actions as well. Go read the list of hotfixes since the launch of TBC and explain why all those are more important than talents and items working as they should.

You can start with thisone:

• Honorable Kills now display an icon, as intended.
1 Like

I don’t work for Blizzard so how can I know what their priorities are? Maybe that was a very easy fix, most aren’t.

So why do you claim they are fixing the most important bugs first?

2 Likes

How many times? Blizzard have said it. The most important in their minds is not the same as most important in yours. Also they may do quick fixes first.

So they don’t necessary do the most important ones first. :clown_face:

5 Likes

That’s a little pedantic, but it may take one person to do some small ones when others concentrate on the larger ones. They don’t all work on one problem then move on to the next. Multiple people, multiple problems being solved. At least I hope it’s multiple people.

90% of your posts on this forum is being pedantic. What do you expect?

15 Likes

I pray god that some blizzard responsable read this post.