LGBTQ+ community <3

Hi everybody!

To enjoy the new expansion together, please join our community. Of course everybody is welcome! :slight_smile:

See you around! <3

Clouddii

6 Likes

If everyone is welcome, isn’t it just a “community”?

7 Likes

Finally a thread with LGBTQ mentioned that isn’t full of hate… I’m joining.

5 Likes

nah. it wasnt my intention. but youre right ill cancel the comment.

1 Like

Not really, it’s mostl likely a community made for LGBTQIAA+ and allies, this is probably what they mean by “everybody”

2 Likes

Great initiative!

1 Like

You mean common interests, the same thing that keeps most groups together.

1 Like

If you’re welcoming everyone it is redundant to mention sexual orientation (or race, or gender etc …)

True acceptance and inclusion will only happen when people stop caring about labeling themselves and others and start seeing everyone as - Human Beings, period.

11 Likes

Not really, some people might feel uncomfortable in that setting, others won’t. Better to know before hand, so an informed decision can be made.

Ah yes, me and my friends also bonded over our common interest in being straight. Except no, sexuality isn’t even a factor for most people when forming friendships unless they’re homophobic or another kind of phobic.

No offense meant here but painting sexuality as a “common interest” is a bit odd.

12 Likes

Let’s try the following,
Imagine I create a thread like this :

Title: Straight Community <3

"Hi everybody!

To enjoy the new expansion together, please join our community. Of course everybody is welcome! :slight_smile:

See you around! <3"

Succubus.

How exactly would that go?

So, no - I beg to differ.

15 Likes

I’m also straight.

I’m not into football, so I wouldn’t join a football club. There would be no point.

I’m sure the LGBTQ+ community isn’t all about sex. Maybe people should stop thinking in those terms.

1 Like

Isn’t odd that the LGBTQ++ community is obsessed with saying things like : “Gender etc etc etc means nothing! It’s all a social construct”

But only when it’s convenient…

Food for thought

6 Likes

Not really as they have been given a tough time in the past.

So were all human beings of every gender, race, sexual orientation, height, belief etc etc etc across history.

Again, the solution isn’t more labels and separation, the solution is see everyone as humans .

Period.

8 Likes

I guess this is one of those situations where ‘everybody’s welcome’ isn’t true. Otherwise, you wouldn’t try to push people out by labeling it as a community for LGBTQ+.

3 Likes

Your sexual orientation or gender identity is not an interest :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I agree, that’s how it should be.

Would a football club advertise itself as just a club?

There are labels everywhere, even you have a label, your name.

Anyway, I’m going to stop there, because this thread seems to have been hijacked from it’s original purpose.

Obviously it’s not about sex, I don’t thing anyone’s suggesting that it is. The A in LGBTQIA should be enough of a clue that it’s not. I’m just saying that I don’t see a point in creating a community specifically for LGBTQ+ when “everybody is welcome”, like Dejarous said further up. If everybody is welcome then that necessarily includes LGBTQ+ people.

People have gone way overboard with labeling themselves for things that ultimately don’t matter. I certainly don’t feel the need to go out of my way to bond with other asexual people. It’s not a “common interest” to bond over with someone.

1 Like

Thats stupid and you know it.

When i make a group called football stuff and say every one is welcome every one knows its about a comon interest and ofcourse some people are not welcome but only the ones who hate on the common interest

1 Like