LGBTQ+ community <3

But lgbtq is more the just that its a wide field of topics with a connecting idea

I cant agree with this.
Unless youre refering to only those who subscribe to a specific subculture.
But id wager that actually excludes most people who are lgbt.

1 Like

whenever a new social labelling for a new group gets famous (bisexuals, metrosexuals, pansexuals, vegetarians, vegans, wokes etc.) there are always tons of “wanna be” attention seekers, who normally have no other qualifications or qualities, define themselves as that new “thing” and “advertise it and them” trying to stand out as an individual.

so, this is another case of “i am special ! look at me!” incident of a regular person and nothing more.

2 Likes

Best wishes for this <3 May the hatred fizzle out. Ignore the idiots. Continue being fabulous!

:rainbow_flag:

You’d think joining a social group for a common theme is a bad thing LOLOL

3 Likes

Do you know what’s appalling? That such a large group of people cannot understand absolutely basic concepts:

If you, as a group label yourselves (LGBTQ++) , proceed to lock yourselves in a box - and from inside that box you keep demanding special treatment and bulling anyone that doesn’t give it to you - You will never be accepted

You have a different sexual orientation or any gender unconformity?

STAND UP FOR IT - AND jOIN SOCIETY AS AN EQUAL. Show you’re not different, that you’re a human being, that you’re incredible as you are.

That’s the only way anything will change for the better.

Hiding behind your own rules, own group, own pronouns and labels won’t ever do you any good or help you with acceptance.

I see LGBTQ people and the racial Woke community overusing words like “equality”.

But the way I see it people like ME are advocating equality - all you’re all doing is asking for special treatment and rules while expecting acceptance.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t call it appalling at all. Just pointless. I understand that they want equal rights and I absolutely and fully support that. I also understand that there are bigoted people who will try to deny those rights, but that will never change. Hateful and angry people aren’t going anywhere.

Going out of one’s way to be unnecessarily expressive about what they identify as doesn’t do anyone any good. It’s essentially trying to make people care about your label when they previously wouldn’t care at all and would just treat you normally.

Unless the intent of a community is to fight for rights that don’t already exist but should, I see absolutely no point in these communities.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree with every word.

I know I said I’ll stop there but I answer this one thing.

They’re not isolating themselves.

That’s like saying every club on the planet has members that are isolationists.

In reality they will be no different to any other guild in WoW.

2 Likes

A social group with shared common themes/interests? Heresy.

4 Likes

Only we are not talking about football.
We are talking about something that has an absolutely greater and more serious impact on the lives of people.

Gender and sexually aren’t hobbies, this is a poor comparison.

2 Likes

I mean, that’s usually is what it means.

“Everyone’s welcome, as long as they align with our views”.

Has been the mantra of mankind since the dawn of time…

1 Like

OP said

But we’ve BOTH established that, in fact, not everyone would be welcome.

So we BOTH agree this is a porky pie, so maybe check your logic, big man?

The common interest is WoW. The dividing factor that contradicts the idea that everyone is welcome is the focus on the LGBTQ+ community.

Congratulations, we’ve established you and OP are indeed “Fully gassed”.

1 Like

then horde are not allowed? :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

2 Likes

:fire::fire::fire:

This is possibly the best and most well placed comment I ever seen during my time on this forum.

Edit: I’m still laughing and thinking about the “For the Alliance!!!” Unicorn meme.

I’m in total agreement with everything you, Gabriela, Deadguy and Annesathiel have said.

I have to be careful when I get involved in these topics, as people try to get me banned usually when my views don’t align with theirs - as you may recall from one of the last topics :joy:

3 Likes

It’s truly heartwarming to see everybody become the ‘true’ advocates of equality the moment LGBTQ+ is brought up.

I wish you the best of luck with your community, but I don’t think the general forums were the best place to advertise it unfortunately.

1 Like

I don’t think the OP means any harm. My sister who is gay isn’t a fan of the OP type of message either due to mainly the reasons Deadguy brought up, obviously this will defer from person to person. However I also understand why some people who fit into LGBTQ tend to feel more relaxed in a place OP has listed.

I’m not gay so who am I to judge what it feels like to say in an average every day guild “just going out for dinner with my boyfriend” (I’m a guy) Maybe it’s terrifying for some of them to be open due to homophobes. I don’t think the OP meant any harm but I mostly agree with Deadguy points.

I would like to think any GM who isn’t homophobic/bigot would instantly kick anyone who was homophobic out of their guild.

It is different though. It’s like creating a men’s community where everybody is welcome, or a tall people community. Just like being LGBT, those are things you’re born with, not interests you developed over time and wish to pursue.

If you label a community for a very specific subset of people, and then say everybody’s welcome, why even label it in the first place? Most communities have very simple rule to handle this: everybody is welcome, unless they start being sexist, racist, homophobic, another ist of phobic, or in general being jerks. I think that’s perfectly reasonable.

4 Likes

Going to share an example of any of us being anti equality anywhere else, or just ran out of sensible arguments?

I believe they were more talking about the whole

“MY way of thinking about the LGBTQ+ community is right!! Not yours!! Not allowed your community!!!”

1 Like