Live Developer Q&A Thursday, January 24 - Submit Your Questions

Good to see Mythic-only mount back in raiding. Are there plans to add a PVE counterpart of the PVP Elite enchant?

Why were the Horde denied an Alliance kill? After all the characters we’ve lost the Alliance outnumbers and outperforms us in lore.

Our strongest character is our insane, pretty much doomed, Warchief while the Alliance have several characters much stronger than her.

I’m not asking for overpowered characters, quite the opposite. I’d like to see the Alliance and Horde weakened to make things more interesting and less reliant on the Deus Ex Machina that we’ve been suffering from.
But out of the two Alliance characters in the raid, Horde were unable to kill either of them, all our gains from the War Campaign were flushed down the toilet and the Horde is on the verge of a Civil War.

The least we could get is a big Alliance kill to give us some pride back before everything hits the fan.

1 Like

New portal room seems to be less efficient in comparison to old mop/legion portal rooms you have removed with 8.1.5. What is the logic behind this?

Since Zandalari Trolls and Kul Tiran humans were announced at Blizzcon 2017, can we get a hint at what other possible Allied races we will see in the future.

This topic seems to get the playerbase hyped would be appreciated to know whats coming.

3 Likes

What lessons have you learned from the start of Bfa up until this point?

5 Likes

The changes to the guild interface have not been received very positively. Is there anything that may be done to improve its use again?

2 Likes

What are your thoughts on the death of BiS gear?
Accepting that the piece of gear you have is the best version of it you’re likely to get but not the best that it can be doesn’t feel like success, it feels like settling.

3 Likes

Have you ever thought about not trying to reinvent the game every new expansion. Legion had alot of really good features that were cut because they were too much part of artifact system. And basically the only reason they got removed was because there was artificial need to have something different.

Some class designs have been ruined by the need to reinvent classes just for the sake of doing something new.

5 Likes

A change you made midway during the first season of BFA has made it impossible to get any opponents if you are too highrated in rated battlegrounds. Is this intentional and if so do we have to intentionally lose game to be able to play?

Why was the hotfix about restricting cross-type azerite salvage instead of straight up disallowing traded gear to be salvaged? Again, bottom <100% of the players got punished for what 3 guilds are reasonably doing (and continuing to do differently).

Mythic Hellfire Citadel can currently not be run solo due to the mechanics of the first boss. Collectors would very much like to run this raid. Could this please be looked into?

6 Likes

Are there any plans on how to address the problem that some class mechanics are pretty much mandatory for high-level keystones (eg Rogue shrouds)?

Why are there no crafting items that have the same effect, like with bloodlust drums?

5 Likes

Do you plan to address the issue only 2 out of 9 melee classes are “welcome” in mythic+? For example buffing the utility of the remaining 7 classes.

Does every BFA change ( Personal loot, removing of sets/tier token in raid, putting back some of the old buff ) feels like a success for the dev-team and why ?

3 Likes

felhunter…

1 Like

There is already a potion for that. If the player from the other faction and you both use it you can understand each other.

what do you want to make of the druid guardian in mythic + ? currently it is unplayable at high level.
We need some classe change…

I know :slight_smile: Which was introduced because people could’nt use that add-on anymore.
And i was just wondering,since there’s already are workarounds the language barrier,why not go all the way? :slight_smile:

For the future can we expect communication about game changes to me the same way as it was for Tides of Vengeance, i.e. a forum post that is detailed and added to as questions arise?

The ilvl of my characters who do only LFR & casual content is around 370-380.
The baseline Battle of Dazar’alor LFR rewards are currently set to ilvl 370+. So it is likely that the new raid will not offer upgrades to the casual playerbase.
Is this a intentional design choice to herd players towards the higher difficulties?