"Logging into Game Server"

Since last night I have not been able to log in, I’m just getting “Logging into Game Server” until it eventually disconnects.

What’s going on? It looks like the DDoS attacks are over for now, so why are the login servers still scuffed?

I’m in the UK and on Manjaro Linux.

4 Likes

Hi Coryn. I got the same error and I am also using Linux (Lutris). Maybe that’s a hint, but would be good to get some actual feedback.

1 Like

Same… using Lutris, Linux. simply stopped working at about 2.38 am last night. very annoying!

Especially as many of us using linux boxes have to work a bit harder to run the game in the first place with no help from the game developers.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Some people are reporting succes with changing one of;

• Use IPv6 (only works if your ISP supports the option)
  • changing IPv4 default TTL away from 64 ( 80 seems to work )

You could try and see if either works for you

2 Likes

Got the same error using Lutris on Ubuntu ! :thinking:

There is a fix in place. The issue is that Blizzard in their infinite sillyness have just blocked all TLS certificates with a certain TTL value, which is the default on most Linux distros.

To fix it, you can change the value with:

sudo sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=80

After this you should be able to login and play normally.

3 Likes

Genius Coryn! :sunglasses:

I can understand why they did that as an emergency measure against the DDos attacks that took place in the states, but as far as I was aware that wasnt happening here in Europe. Anyway… good to have a fix! :heart_eyes:

I still don’t think it’s okay, this just shows how clueless they are in dealing with matters like this… but at least it works for now

Where do I put this value?

is this usable for windows?

Hi,
I’ve Windows 10 and i cant also login.
I’ve tryed this :

netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=80

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
Name: DefaultTTL
Type: REG_DWORD
Valid Range: 1-255

But without positive results.

Same. I did all actions and no positive result(((((

Well, it apparently worked for a lot of people, but none of these workarounds worked for me :expressionless:

Assuming your running a modern Linux distro in the console ( hit ctrl+alt+t )

can confirm this worked for me.

didn’t anticipate many people using lutris let alone a useful and timely thread on the forums,

Cheers!

1 Like

Same here. Well, I’ll get some RL stuff done and hope we can play tonight again.

Hi again,
Just try this cmd:
netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=128

And worked.

Hi, as suggested, you put it into your Linux terminal of choice. Usually searching for “Terminal” in your app launcher will bring it up, or try Super + T or Ctrl + Alt + T

The issue is that Blizzard in their infinite sillyness have just blocked all TLS certificates with a certain TTL value

That’s ridiculous. If that happened, then wouldn’t that lock out a whole bunch of players on various devices and operating sy…? Oh, right.

This seems to have done the trick, and I am able to log in now. Thank you very much.

Arch, btw.

Works, thx!