Looking for a Server Recommendation for Classic Vanilla WoW

Hi everyone,

I’m a huge fan of classic vanilla WoW and I’m looking to dive back into the game. I don’t have any characters currently, so I’m starting from scratch. I’m really interested in joining a server where I can experience the excitement of world PvP and have access to end game content.

Ideally, I’d love to find a fresh server, if there are any, to really enjoy the levelling experience and community from the ground up. PvP encounters are a big part of what makes WoW thrilling for me, so a server with a healthy PvP scene would be perfect.

Any recommendations on which server I should turn to? Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Firemaw!

Hey Saladboy - There are currently no fresh Classic WoW servers, but Era Classic WoW servers.

What this means is that WoW Classic is kept indefinetly in the end stage of it - This may sound daunting at first, as many of us are super geared players, but it also has a huge upside:

• You can play at your own tempo, with never worrying about the loss of progression
  • You wanna take a 3 month break? Its alright, once you come back you pick it up where you left it

Now, to the server specifics, you currently have four/five options:

1. Firemaw PvP: main Era server. It is PvP so plenty of fights all over the place. It is the to go server for most people since it is by far the most populated. Alliance has the upper hand in numbers, so if you decide to go Horde it would be of great help. GDKPs, Bots and an inflated economy are out of control though. Just bear this in mind. You can still play, find nice guilds and get a lot of enjoyment out of the server, but it is a free country over here and that means putting up with some sh*t.

2. Pyrewood Village PvE: our PvE cluster - probably not what you look for, since here you will not experience world PvP. Community is smaller in size, (heavily dominated by Alliance) but the toxicity of Firemaw is kept at bay. Here you would need more patience though, but it has a great community and Vanilla OG feel to it.

3. Zandalar Tribe RPPvP: there is an ongoing effort to revive Zandalar Tribe. This was an epic RPPvP server during early Classic days, and now a good amount of people are leveling up and trying to build and establish a strong community. It is the “freshest” of all Era servers, since the ongoing efforts are young. I assume the community is still small in size but here you would play the role of bricklayer, so as to build this server from the ground up. I see many ZT players in PvP these days and I find it awesome. I encourage you to check it out and maybe ask people directly in server.

4. Hardcore mode: these servers are Classic but with the hardcore set of rules, meaning, if you die, you can’t play that char ever again, but transfer it to a Classic Era server of your choice. Not my cup of tea, but they are very popular, and if you want thrill, this is thrill.

5. Season of Discovery servers: now, do not get me wrong, I don’t consider these servers a part of the Era family. In fact, I want them to stay as far away from us philosophically as possible. They are Classic servers with tinkered content - Think of Classic but in another dimension, where many things are literally upside down. SoD gets patches regularly, and its future is uncertain? Also very populated and an option to consider, in case you wanna check it out.

Hope this is helpful man, and wish you tons of fun here! Definitely the best community in the WoW world of all!

3 Likes
  1. firemaw
    Biggest online
    PvP realm
    Swarmed with bots goldbuyers and gdkp
    Both factions are playable there

2. pyrewood village
    Pve realm
    No bot goldbuyers gdkp swarms like in firemaw
    Mostly alliance dominated. Low online horde

3. zandalar
    Pvp
    Low online
    People try to use it as „fresh server“ due to dead online
    Risk of ending up in a dead server once hype is gone

Im on Zandalar Tribe horde. Sure it is not high, or even medium. But the vibe on the realm is so nice. Have never experienced a more chill enviroment. Plenty of groups going for dungeons. I cannot recommend enough!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.