Looking through the Glyphs in the Auction House makes me realize how little we have

Like, it would be so easy to add new cool things to them, making spells and stuff much more interesting than now. Even new character animations could be applied.

Also, they could be used to give player races more emotional variety. Look at ESO personality stances. Why has WoW not something like that? We could easily have glyphs that change/improve the racial idle animations and all of that by choice instead of forcing updates certain people won’t like…

It is beyond me how we don’t get some neat glyphs every major patch even. They would be surely a good idea as drops (may it be directly or as recipe to craft)…

5 Likes

Hmm, but I thought unlocking basic features was a mindless slave thing?

I like the valkyrie glyph of spirit of redemption and spirit wolf one is decent, could definitely be fun to see glyphs explored further with more abilities.

Majority of them are very lacklustre as well. It has made the inscription profession fairly pointless.

Glyphs been long forgotten

Considering there are people that prefer old animations over news ones, it is in that case better to offer them optionally.

Also, I didn’t say they should be tied to the endgame. Just be drops from open world stuff.

Not gonna happen. Blizzard hates customizations. And when they finally add them they are usually really lame or heavily unequal across the different races.

There is soooo much they could do when it comes to this in this game, but they simply refuse to. I have so many ideas and wishes but its pointless to even try to suggest something.

Just look at TWW. What do we get as a race? Another dwarven allied race when they could be adding so many interesting races to our roster.

As if they are going to do anything with it. Inscription and glyphs has been ingame for ages now. Instead of things being added it only got nerfed and lesser over the years

As an instriptionist, it really makes me sad. There’s a lot of things that could be added here to improve the profession and also to increase in game customizations. Some classes/items could really use some improvements like Shaman (totems and wolf form), Warlock (demons and pets), Hunter (adding things on thier pets), and many other spell changes, almost every class could get usage of it.

It’s like two flies with one hit.

1 Like

My Scribe doesnt feel all that useful these days.

We can make some things ofc

Make it do your accounting.

1 Like

All I do these days is doing orders, mostly manuscripts and treaties because I am speced in to that and have a lot of resourcefulness, so it’s okay for making some passive gold.

Beside that, I craft staves from WoD, shoulder enchants from MoP and doing daily scroll of wisdom craft for MoP main hand and off hands.

It’s not much work, doesn’t sell fast, but those are the best passive gold outcomes that I can do on my server as Inscriptionist.

1 Like

I like the idea of implementing personlity stances similar to ESO design.

But when it comes to actually modyfying the visuals of player abilities, like some people suggest, there’s one thing that i’m worried about: visual clarity. Already WoW has a problem with clarity during raid encounters, it’s easy for me to imagine what nightmare it would be for Devs to take into account various ability makeovers (like changing the spells colors etc.).

Remember when we looked forward to Dance Studio? - Cosmetic new dances?
I remember…

In my mind those modification glyphs wouldn’t change the spell looks too drastically.

Like, take the Avenging Wrath glyph for Paladins as example. It just gives you 4 wings instead of 2 on your back.

The most drastic I would have in mind is changing your spell color, for example for Priests and Paladins, from golden light to silver light for all Abilities.

As for PvP, there is the simple option to just disable the alternate looks for the enemies clients in display. You and your team still see your abilities as modified, but the enemy just sees the default spell colors/etc.

Funny thing is we used to have more glyphs before they started removing them for some reason.

Is it that there are less glyphs though or is it that not every glyph is crafted and put up. Glyphs are basically just cosmetic choices now, unlike back in the day when they were part of your build, choosing things that increased your dps.

They removed cosmetic only ones. For example there was the glyph that colored the death knight ghost-walk red. They removed it.

As much as like the idea of glyphs, I’d prefer if blizzard used resources towards developing something a lot more major such as class skins.

Best example I can think of: Paladins transformed into “Sun Walkers” for Taurens.

• All hammer abilities re-themed as fiery tomahawks.
  • All angelic wings transformed into blazing phoenix wings.
  • Holy light effects have a warmer glow that is more reminiscent of sun light.

(insert mandatory make it optional so people don’t complain statement here)

Edit: these would be race specific of course.

As much as I wish for that, I would also say those class skins have to remain race-specific then.

It makes no sense for a Draenei for example to have the skill appearance of a Sunwalker.