Looks like R14 is back on the menu, boys!

In case you missed it, there is a blue post in the pinned pvp hotfix thread that says they won’t go through with the deleted characters no longer inflating brackets. For now.
Get your rankies while you can, PvP bois.

LOTR is life.

2 Likes

I guess that means they’re planning on changing the rank system entirely?
I mean, to remove the “non-existent characters” from being counted seems to be their goal, but it causes problems for some with the scale of the bracket sizes being affected.
So I guess it’s safe to presume they’ll change the way how the ladder itself works?

1 Like

Common dude.

1 Like

You can make it to mean whatever you want until the solution is in place.

Probably because of multiple realms are cooperating with eachother to raise the pool size. Right now our poolsize is pretty much the same as last week with the correlation. They will probably fix the issue with level restrictions to the pool (so you have to be level 10+ or something) - In other words, they will screw us no matter what

That doesn’t seem to fit in with the way they phrased it though.
For example, they were emphasizing “conforming to the feedback”, meaning to deal with it in a way that doesn’t go against the feedback.
Which, as far as I can tell, means changing the way the ladder works. To get rid of the consequences from preventing ladder inflations, while at the same time accomplishing their goal which is to prevent deleted characters from counting in the ladder.

Why would they change a system in P5? Unless they plan to have classic fresh servers up and running down the line.

Now im currently ranking and I feel that people will probably say shut up you idiot - BUT i can fully understand why blizzard didnt want deleted chars counting towards pool sizes. I mean they have been deleted dont you understand ? They dont exist you cant have something that doesnt exist effecting that which does ffs. Where is the cred in achieving something that you couldnt achieve if it werent for the BUG that includes deleted characters in the pool size. I think a better solution would be to make the grinding easier all round as its bad enough as it is. There is also the duty of care they have in regards to not demanding people to have to risk their health in regards to achieving goals or achievements. The majority of people said leave it as it is on the grounds that reduced pool sizes will make ranking to 14 almost impossible, possibly even dangerous to a persons health - if this is indeed true then of course they couldn’t implement the new patch as they would have legally become liable for any casualties that occurred. The law determines REASONABLENESS and grinding to achieve the outcomes and offered rewards of such, would be no exception. Is PVP honor ranking reasonable anyway as it is ? let me highlight that if there were any health problems proved to be associated with it as it is, then in a court of law Blizz would indeed be liable. Just saying…!

2 Likes

Uhm… No, they wouldn’t. A bit of bad press would’ve been all, but there are other games too that has caused actual deaths from playing it too much. The media narrative isn’t really that the game is to blame, but rather that the person was mentally unwell.
And as I said, there’s no legal liability. They’re in no way responsible for how you play the game, you know? There’s no such law.

They literally said it’s because of the feedback that they’ve chose to not do it in this way, but that their intent is still to do it - but to do it in a way that doesn’t go against what the feedback asked for.

Kinda silly to begin with. A level 1 character doing pvp when in fact the areas you can play the character are non hostile :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.