Loot in m+

Well it was as an answer to the OP saying there should be an option for those that do high keys (over 20) to also get 485 ilvl. Ppl that only do keys will fall behind mythic raiders in ilvl. For me it doesnt matter, for those pushing for +24-25 it will.

1 Like

To begin with I think whole dungeons with keys are stupid. You hardly get any drops and you keep running them like a f#cking hamster wheel-“Ohh look you got your gear up to 420, now start doing same dungeons with 1 key higher again to get to 425 and after that do them again and again and again”. Old times you didn’t have this crap. You did normal dungeons, got your gear up that allowed to do heroic version. Once you got gear higher you moved on to raiding. It was clean, it was simple and it gave meaning to actually climb the ladder.

1 Like

WoW has ever since 2004 been about hamster in the wheel… in fact all MMOs are about it.

Hello Twiluna,

the highest is 485. Last 2 bosses in Ny’alotha drops 10 ilvls more than the previous 10 bosses.

1 Like

It is just great fun and challenging :slight_smile: Especially when you play with your set guild-group. Also some mechanics scale different. That means low geared M+2 is different than high geared +20 (what do I know, never been in a +20).

Sure but the people doing +25 keys and up I would argue it’s as hard if not harder then mythic raiding.

We should not keep arguing which content is harder either M+ or Mythic Raids.
We should be given more options for end game content and be glad for it.

1 Like

Doing 25+ keys is definitely harder than mythic raiding.
It is being done only by the best players in the world.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m saying. Doing +25 keys should net you at minimum the same ilvl as Mythic raiding

1 Like

Yeah, but back then when you ran a dungeons and got something, you knew you are done with this item. You are not going to run this dungeon again to get same item again but with +5 ilvl. So back then the hamster wheel color changed and shape changed, but now your hamster wheels stays same, just number changes. Old times, when did you not bother gem or enchant the gear? Every piece that was drop before heroic dungeons. Now every piece from m+ feels like that. why bother enchanting it, when tomorrow random activity could reward me upgrade. So as I see, this the major difference between hamster wheel we used to ran and hamster wheel we are running now.

Well considering the concept is same - you run 1000 UBRS for your class set chest or 1000 M+ for whatever item. For me they come out to be same. So I do not see it as much of a deviation from the rulebook of MMO-and-repeativness.

Considering how cheap gems are… Not an issue imo.

Last time I checked the leaderboards, the highest m+ done was a +23.

Then you haven’t actually checked. Several 25s have been done during s3

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-bfa-3/all/world/leaderboards

First few bosses of last raid were clownfiestas free loot, yet they rewarded same ILVL of Queen Azshara.

Prob 90% of the guild got stuck around 3/4 mythic bosses and only after some of them got nerfed.

So why a person being able to kill barely half of a raid(nerfed multiple times) should be rewarded with gear that top m+ player in the world could only dream about?

This game need more but equal way of gearing, not forcing everyone into raiding.

2 Likes

M+ and raiding is in my opinion so far away from each other that they are not comparable.

Problem is that you can use raiding gear in m+. so basicly if u wanna reach for top end m+ you should reach for top end mythic raid as well. this is not good for ppl who are only into m+, how can a player who does not raid mythic take m+ seriouse when his simply gonna be undergeared for the content he/she likes to do.

I know, I agree (till a certain level). I got myself 7/8 normal EP and went to +18 max in M+. Allthough still improvements to make in M+. But also we play with a hard groupcomposition :smile:

Lul…first of all, the no loot that you referenced in your previous post, a timed 13 key gives loot to everyone in the party. Once you start regularly timing such keys, bags get filled with loot.

As for, random activity dropping an upgrade…that’s such ignorance lmao…
Once you’re above 445 or close to it, loot upgrade is a rare occurrence. For me at least.

How is that ignorance. You have 425 gear, yesterdays questline dropped level 440 piece.

Not really as the original statement also includes gear, knowledge and skill. All of which are not needed for world bosses.