[Lore] Please update us on High Elves

I wanna start off by saying that yes, this is another High Elf thread. Sorry about it.

List of things we actually need from Blizzard

• An update on High Elves; where they are now, how many there are left, what their plans are, a general update on the race etc.
  • We need a statement from them. Why are High Elves not playable; we need an answer to this even though the answer is pretty obvious imo.
  • That’s it.

We need an update on the race. There’s so much confusion, aggression, desperation, more words that end in ion about this NPC race.

What we know already

• Alliance High Elves are almost extinct. 1% of the full population are still alive, while 90% were killed and 9% are “Blood” Elves.
  • Ion fully said that Blizzard has no interest in creating High Elves as their own race. In essence, he said “Just play a Blood Elf.
  • High Elf-esque options are coming to Blood Elves and Void Elves, which apparently isn’t enough.

We have pretty much an official statement from the company in Ion’s words.

What I think should happen

• The OG Elves need to reunite with their people, regardless of the name, and take on the name that is respectful to those who fell. Also leave the Alliance.
  • OR, the remaining High Elves in the Alliance become Void Elves. I’m sure these High Elves would want to follow Alleria’s example, and find the appeal in void magic.
  • OR, they remain obscure and are never made playable.

My personal take on High Elves

I think they suck. This isn’t because of the fandom, but in general I think they’re terrible people.

• You have the audacity to continue calling yourselves “High Elves” regardless of the sacrifice your own people made defending Quel’Thalas? Blood Elves are woke, y’all already knew. They renamed themselves “Blood Elves” in honor of the fallen, and these traitors have the absolute audacity to continue calling themselves the name prior to the invasion? I hope y’all get mauled by a ghoul. They’re disrespectful cowards and they deserve to go extinct. This is why I question their popularity, and it says a lot about the people who want them so badly.

• I genuinely don’t know why High Elves are still a part of the Alliance, and I think they should join the Horde. Blood Elves were shunned for the use of fel magic, but fel magic is widely used by both factions now. Both factions literally recruited Demon Hunters, and they had Warlocks before that so what??? Lor’themar considered rejoining the Alliance, but then Jaina had a temper tantrum and ruined everything so the HElf community can redirect their hate at Jaina instead of Ion or anyone else. Jaina is the only reason why Blood Elves are still Horde, and High Elves should strongly consider doing the same.

What do you think?

6 Likes

I think there are far to many elves in the game already and no more should be added.

8 Likes

I agree so much, but these elves are being left in the dark while the community moans about them not being playable. People just argue points on repeat and it never goes anywhere, so I hope they do any of the above.

1 Like

I hope that with addition of customization options there will be a huge lore pack about them and that we will finally get high elves resolved one way or another~

And its not only about elves. Every race should get lore along with customizations. I hope it will not be reduced to single visit at barber shop.

I also believe that devs deliberately are heating the conflict to keep subs flowing. They could end it long time ago… either by killing some elves or by just adding them.

I always thought people were so gung ho about High Elves on the Alliance because their model is simply better liked than the Night Elf option they already had.

Whenever I saw discussions about High Elves people changed and ignored the lore whenever it would suit them and come up with any kind of bs just to get those Blood Elf models for themselves.

But maybe theres more to it.

I think what the community defines as High Elves and what Blizzard defines as high elves are two different things now, but that the community is going to have to catch up.

Void elves are high elves. Blood elves are high elves. Both factions have high elves. That’s all there really is too it.

You like the Silver Covenant? Fine. Your Void elf was a silver covenant member before they embraced the void. Or your Blood elf was a silver covenant member who grew disillusioned with the alliance and went home. Both are fine stories you can tell yourself, it doesn’t need to be spelt out in my opinion.

But enough of the tyranny of the silver covenant elves. This fixation with them has been ruinous and it’s unnecessary. If Blizzard doesn’t want to write them out of the story so players can focus on Void/Blood elves then they should just be left to languish.

4 Likes

Something about this is just very very wrong… And your trying to make people who want high elves look really bad… First of all, They call them selves High elf still, Because they don’t define them self with the Blood elf due to the fact that they took in the fell to survive the loss of the sunwell. Everyone knows this, And that it’s been totally unrelated to wether or not they care or honor their fallen or not. It has been shown several times in lore already that they of course care for Quel’thalas and their fallen.

The choice to define them self as High elf over blood elf has always been about wether or not they took in the fell or not, and has always looked like that. Too me anyway.

2 Likes

Nope.

The Blood Elves or Sin’dorei in Thalassian (“children of the blood”), are a race composed of former high elves who renamed themselves in honor of their people who were killed during the siege of Quel’Thalas by the Scourge during the Third War.” - The Blood elf page on Wowwiki.

It’s always been because of that, so any elf from Quel’Thalas that still identifies with the name high elf is an ungrateful douchebag, and that’s a valid reason to dislike the race. Also I wasn’t trying to make anyone look bad, but the name of the race definitely makes them look terrible.

2 Likes

…You copy pasted about the blood elves tho… And why they call them self blood elves. Not why high elves still call them self high elves still, Which is what I argued.

I mean, I could have explained it in my own words but I was afraid you were going to deny it and I didn’t want to repeat myself. It doesn’t say anywhere why High Elves chose to keep the name, it only says why Blood Elves changed their name.

1 Like

Indeed… It’s not written any concrete information down as to why High elves still call them self high elves, But it is heavily suggested trough lore that it is to make a distinction between who took in the fell and who didn’t. At least thats what I’ve been rolling with trough all these years. I never once thought it was because the high elves didn’t care about their fallen in Quel’thalas.

1 Like

I mean… that’s why the Blood Elves changed their name. Since the High Elves kept the name, you can imagine how bad that looks.

1 Like

The ship sailed you are too late

1 Like

Uhm… I don’t recall Keal’thas mentioning anything about that the day he chose to rename his people to Blood elves… I’ve always been under the impression that’s it’s been the other way around. That the High elves chose to remain high elf. Because becoming Blood elf meant you would have to accept the Fell.

However the intent to rename his people Blood elf never had anything to do with the Fell to begin with. That was Lore that was later added on in World of warcraft. and which made the distinction between high and blood.

Kael’thas didn’t choose the name, the survivors of the Scourge invasion did in honor of those who died defending their home.

Why High Elves are still with the Alliance is beyond me. You must be a loyal and war-driven person to betray your own people just to stick with a stupid faction.

Fixed for you

1 Like

Blizzard didn’t give a reason for how all retri palas could run around with Ashbringer, so why should they now?
Congratulations, you’re not only the ultimate chosen one who last nuked N’zoth into oblivion with a necklace, you are also the only high elf/sand troll/wildhammer/whatever fighting for your faction.
Just ignore all other players like before.

Blame Jaina.

That is NOT canon and you know it. This is why High Elves are not a thing, because you guys cant come up with a single justification

1 Like

There is a cutscene where Keal’thas renames his people the Blood elves, And if I have too!! I will go trough all of them to find it! But i wanted to get back to you about why the High elves would still fight for the Alliance against their people.

This is something I half way actually agree with you on. And honestly, Why blizzard didn’t just decide all High elves turned blood elf in the first place is beyond me. But the only few reasons I can think of being that they would remain with the Alliance, Is vengeance and spite towards the former enemy’s of Quel’thalas the Horde. This spite for the Horde apperently so strong they consider their own people to be deseperate to even consider an alliance with the horde. And their fight against their people, Is in their way, Helping their homeland come to their senses, And return to ‘‘civilization’’… Is my take on it.

Edit: I am sure there are more lore to it also, But i must admit I haven’t seen very much of it.

I blame the marketing department and weak devs