[Lore] Please update us on High Elves

Fixed - The sole reasons why both Elven races on the Horde went there in the first place.

1 Like

No they dont call themself BE becouse of fell in their veins. They call themself Blood elfs after their kin was masacred and sunwell destroyed. Seriously some poeple have no clue what they talk about.

So you don’t blame the woman who slaughtered a bunch of Blood Elves for no reason other than she was having a tantrum. Lor’themar was conversing with Varian on joining the Alliance until she went ahead and did that, so that’s on period.

Nope. Read above.

Still relevant.
Night Elf invasion of Quel’Thalas in TBC
Night Elves driving the Nightborne to the Blood Elves in Legion.

yes, and Jaina. Period.

Lor’themar clearly forgave the Night Elves since he was pretty convinced to join the Alliance, but that’s when the Jaina thing happened. So blame her, period.

No.
And I really want you to read this and spread it around because people keep coming up with this weird idea that you just mentioned.

The High Elves did not leave ‘because of fel’.

The different sects of High Elves disliked and “left” the Blood Elves for different reasons.

Quel’Danil High Elves, the ones in Hinterlands. We don’t really know why they never returned home, but they seem to cooperate with the Alliance, they never mention the Blood Elves. We do know that they no longer practice magic, but have no issue with people practicing magic. They are likely against the Blood Elves because the Blood Elves turned Horde.

The Quel’Lithien High Elves, these High Elves were actually not a part of the Alliance. They were waiting for the Alliance to reach out to them but the Alliance never did. These were the High Elves who were momentarily calling themselves Blood Elves, who alongside the current Blood Elves fought to reclaim Eversong Woods. These elves were exiled after Rommath’s return due to the practice of siphoning magic from living beings… not because of fel.

The Silver Covenant High Elves, they do not like the Blood Elves because the Blood Elves turned to the Horde.

None of them dislikes the Blood Elves for siphoning fel… because the Blood Elves did not siphon fel. They trapped demonic energies in the green crystals to use it as a form of ‘electricity’ as a replacement for the lost Sunwell that used to do that before. The reason for the Blood Elves’ green eyes is because of this fel magic in the crystals permeating the area and tainting the Blood Elves around, even the rangers who mostly lives outside of the city.

We have Theramore High Elves… but they died in the mana bomb.

Very well, High elves have different reasons for not taking up the name blood elf, And your saying none of them was because they didn’t approve of the siphoning of the fell.

But the fact of the matter still remains that none of them did take up the fell. and thats also why their eyes remained blue. I may have been wrong in the why. But that the fell is still what distinguishes a blood elf from a high elf is still the same. no?

Some Blood Elves do have blue eyes, so no.
What distinguishes them is who they consider to be the bigger douche , Alliance or Horde.
Neither realises that both sides are huge douches.
So they are quite the same.

1 Like

Okey so… it’s political distinction, But blood elves who would still have blue eyes wouldn’t have siphoned any fell then.

Not even a political distinction.
Otherwise the High Elves have been a separated people already before they turned High Elf and Blood Elf. As mentioned, the main bulk of High Elves were not supporters of the Alliance, not even their King (Anasterian) their Prince was though (Kael’thas).

And most Blood Elves did not siphon fel at all. As I mentioned, and this is why I told you to read the long post through and carefully. High Elves who spent time in Outland, Silvermoon or other places that was occupied with some kind of fel energy would have green eyes.

Silvermoon had crystals in which Blood Elves trapped demonic energies, and fel permeates an area much like radiation does it, and this is what turned the Blood Elves’ eyes green.

Same thing would happen to High Elves in Outland because it is fel blasted.

1 Like

Uhm… Okey, Well wether they got radiated with fell or pulled it out willingly, Taking in the fell is still taking in the fell no matter which way it happend tho.

Although now im curious, How can there be Blood elves in silvermoon with blue eyes, If it only takes fell radiation from the many crystals there to turn your eyes fell green?

Following the Sunwell’s restoration back in TBC the crystals were either removed or repurposed, Rommath does make a statement about it in MoP where he says that a Mogu device was much like the crystals they ONCE used to enslave demonic energies.

So as mentioned, the crystals are either repurposed or removed, but are no longer used to enslave demonic energies.

The Sunwell also cleanses the Blood Elves due to the Light energies within, and the Sunwell equally have arcane energies which along with the cleansing could revert the Blood Elves back to blue eyes rather hastily.

Fun fact. High Elves should also have access to golden eyes, as they are also connected to the new Sunwell.

This is not true for Void Elves and Death Knights though.

2 Likes

Okey wow… Thats actually rather awesome, But it also gives me the impression that by lore then… Shouldn’t there be more and more Blood elves returning to their blue eyed state in Silvermoon by now then? And it would eventually be the norm too?

Edit: I knew about the cleansed sunwell, but that their eyes turned to blue along with the gold is news to me, I thought the gold was soley due to the light that cleansed the sunwell and their eyes would only turn gold In the end then by lore.

So you’re annoyed that canonically the remaining ‘high elves’ chose to refuse in abusing Fel Magic and cripple their people with Fel addiction and it’s corrupting effects? The sheer audacity, traitors!

Sarcasm aside, I have no issues with high elves as a creation option and they are a race in the alliance with a large enough population to run a small military and maintain a culture, this is not achieved without thousands of individuals. Respectfully, they are a full participating part of the alliance in lore, it’s not really up for opinion on that front.

No issue with people RPing that, it’s already RPed (so it’s not going away) and the races are interesting in the lore, members of the alliance officially etc. Why object to people RPing races in the WoW universe? The whole point of an mmorpg is to enjoy stepping into the shoes of a character, so why object to an individual choosing to RP a character they find interesting.

1 Like

Depends entirely on the devs, really.

They had a interview regarding the golden eyes, and they said that the elves would naturally end up with the golden eyes over time, but the devs themselves would only show it on NPC priests and paladins where they felt it belonged… appearantly.

So, it is kinda a mixed signal from the devs here.

In one sense they are saying that all elves from Quel’thalas should slowly be getting golden eyes. But with their visual storytelling cues they suggest that you only get golden eyes if you are a thalassian elf who uses a lot of light magic.

The latter seems to be more likely, which means that if you are a mage then you are likely to revert to the blue eyes, if you are a ranger or a civilians then you’ll probably remain with green eyes for awhile longer.

Those are only theories of mine based on the facts I posted from the devs, by the way. We have no real official answer… it just seems logical to me.

That one was a bit interresting actually… Valen used the spark of a darkened Naaru, deep in the void state, so deep M’uru truned to a Void God, Entropius!
And Void gods are a powerful type of void creatures and the end result of a naaru losing its light…
And Entropius was never redeemed/cleansed back to M’uru, like Saraka the Lighteater, who was turned back to Saa’ra…
Sooo all blood elves should be Void Elves ^^
In the Darkness we are One :octopus:

I mean… Gilneans who did not get bit are still Gilneans, and still interact with Worgen from Gilneas. Some races have different standards, I suppose.

There is a thousand left. 1,400+ something like that, I don’t know if that’s enough. Most of them are involved with the Silver Covenant and they are more aligned with Kirin Tor than the Alliance.

It only becomes a problem when everyone and their mother is roleplaying a High Elf. They are a rare breed and the in-game experience should reflect that.

It’s more along the line that they were too stubborn to just give players what they wanted.

I think of course you will see a larger proportion of character types initially, as you would with any new thing, customisation etc, especially when many have seemingly wanted to be X race for how ever long. It will tapper down and find a natural medium, as the community has had with all it’s races etc. I don’t see why concern of an inital saturation is cause to not add them, I mean look at demon hunters! The tidal wave of these rare hunters was interesting to say the least, but it’s found it’s happy medium population wise.

The whole Sin/'dorei Vs Quel’dorei split is a schism within the Quel’dorei society, ofc with the vast majority putting their lot in with the charismatic leader of Kel. They chose to adopt a new identity, both culturally and politically etc and took a different path and became the Sin’dorei. This doesn’t therefore render the previous society, the remaining Quel’dorei, immediately insignificant and not privy to maintaining their cultural and politcal identities, that’s simply not how cultures function. When Constinopel was sacked in the 15th century the Byzantines who fled didn’t suddenly end as a cultural people, and the Quel’dorei didn’t suddenly end as a cultural people when Silvermoon was effectively sacked and it’s survivors divided in schism.

Schisms like these run deep-rooted, both in lore and the real world, and simply “jamming” them back together is fraught with innumerable barriers. A real world example that is useful is Christianity, it underwent many schisms between east and west, you couldn’t just get them to “get along” and make amends, they fundamentally split and became distinct cultural and theological entities.

TLDR: Quel’dorei RP population will die down to a reasonable medium as all other new races/classes have in the past, it’s a non-issue long-term. The Quel’dorei still remain as a significant and distinct politcal and cultural entity seperate from the Sin’dorei. The high elves and blood elves had a schism that cannot be casually patched up.

Prophet Velen says: Gaze now, mortals - upon the HEART OF M’URU! Unblemished. Bathed by the light of Creation - just as it was at the Dawn.

3 Likes