[Lore] Please update us on High Elves

Right now they’re SO high they can’t even count themselves properly

3 Likes

they can’t count to 20 :cry::pray:

I could do that, you’re correct. My point is that as the baker, I don;t have to, nor should I feel I have to, as it’s my product. I’ve been very clear that I don’t wish to sell them, even if I believe it would be lucrative to do so, and even if it would make people happy to do so, there is no imperative as to why I should as it is my call to make and that is not unreasonable no matter what my customers desire, as it is my business.

i can recommend other bakeries they go to that sell human sculptures, but if they want to shop in my bakery, they have to accept that the sculptures aren’t for sale and that I wish to continue using them as decor and nothing more. That is my right and I don’t see why it’s unreasonable for me to hold to that if that’s my wishes.

I’m not saying it’s the smartest business plan. I’m simply saying there is no good reason why I should do any different if I don’t want to. That’s what it comes down to in the end, what I want and what my customers want. This is why the debate never ends because it comes down to a discussion of whether providers of goods should remain true to their own personal philosophies, even if they potentially lose business or benefit from doing so - or whether they should place the customer’s desires over their own visions.

Well all good and fair I suppose… But in that case you would also have to accept the arguements and fights around your store about that topic of your human figurines.

There is however one thing your bakery example does not account for, that doesn’t translate to what blizzard is practicing. And that is that they want us to believe that High elves on the Alliance isn’t a thing, that they for the most part turned to blood. But have kept showing that isn’t the case.

In your bakery example that would be like making comercials saying your human figurines are for sale, then say they aren’t for sale at the same time.

I mean i get that your trying to go for saying that blizzard can show their artistic side as story tellers without actually wanting that ‘‘art’’ to be player available.
But when the messages literally goes straight up against each other, You can’t blame the players for getting your art wrong.

This is what I was alluding to with my “I sell animals but not humans”, so I do sell sculptures, just not the kind people want. So it’s not quite “I sell human sculptures but oh wait I don’t”. A more comparative analogy may be that I sell human sculptures made of rye-dough, but not regular wheat dough. And people argue “well you sell rye-humans!!!”, the point is i’ve never said i’d sell regular dough humans, in fact i’ve stated the opposite.

I maintain I can understand why people would protest and picket, but it doesn’t make their reasons for doing so reasonable, or make it justified by my behaviour, because fundementally they’re just unhappy with my stance and they’re trying to pressure me to change it. As said there may be good reasons for me to change it, but ultimatley it’s up to me whether I do or not.

I think we should not have 10.000 posts on this forum on the same topic. I get it & everyone did; some people want to play this race due to it’s hystory and lore. Still, there is not reason to flood the forums with the same High-Elves topic over and over.

Also, I don’t get why some people belive that developers are more inclined to listen to a concern repeated in sooo many threads.

1 Like

Hmm I believe we have reached an inpass my good friend… I equally so don’t find it reasonable of blizzard to believe us players to get behind an idea they don’t enforce in the game… Regardless of artistic practices… I think if we keep going, our points will just go on repeat and into a loop. We will just have to agree to disagree

2 Likes

Agreed. It’s fundementally a disagreement of the like I stated above, which never resolved until one side (customer or provider) bows down to the other. Nobody knows in this situaiton who will.
All the same, fantastic to and fro, it’s really nice when things stay level-headed even if we’re on opposite sides :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blizzard did this by adding High Elf-esque options for Void Elves and Blood Elves, but the HElf community still isn’t happy with them. It’s exhausting. My fear is that they will back out on these options and then we’ll get nothing.

Honestly I fear the same, But to be honest… Where that to happend at this point I’d kinda get it. Although it would be the ultimiate rick roll on all our high elf dreamers out there, Including me. It would suck! But yeah… I’ couldn’t get mad at it anymore

I will be very Mad very Mad. I will unsubbI will unsub … no

1 Like

I don’t think there is a chance of them backing out, but I imagine their little “look, here’s a little bonus guys!” helf-skins reveal getting the reception it did from some may dissuade them from doing similar easter egg type stuff in the future. This was a way for blizzard to try and “give everyone a piece of what they want”, they maintain their narrative the way they want it, and people can RP/play as visual helf, sans the racial graphic and nametag.

The fact that some have used this gesture as a means to knuckle down on blizzard even more makes me wonder whether they’ll just quite literally do what they want from here on in, as the one-time they soften their stance and write a piece of the lord around players rather than in spite of them, it gets thrown back in their face by some and used as a stick to beat them with.

It’s not any better than the accusations theyve faced when they’ve literally done whatever they want, so why do it again? Etc.

I never expected all helf fans to be on board with these options, but for some to turn it on blizz and to attack them even harder than before there was even a visual way of playing helf, citing stuff like “slaps in the face” or “without paladins this is a trash gesture” is just a bit much.

Can we just kill all the high elves so we can put this nonsense to an end? Trying to be happy for you guys for getting the void elf changes (currently the only AR to have changes, count yourselves {REDACTED} lucky), but seeing all these topics come up is really trying my patience. I’m not going to say the party line of “you have elves, they’re called blood elves”, but I will point out that there are more elf playable races than any other group. 4 elf races (feel like I’m forgetting one though) are playable, double what every race group save humans has- and even then that’s only if we’re counting worgen as a human race.

So here is the most diplomatic response I can muster: enjoy the elves you have now, and maybe -just maybe, after all the other races get “the elf treatment” (which they deserve)- you can hope for high elves. No one forced Blizzard to give the skin tones and blue eyes to velves: if they wanted to ignore you they’ve proved they are capable for 15 years, some maybe just take some time to enjoy them once SL hits and then if you still aren’t satisfied, you have my blessing. Just be reasonable.

TL;DR: you’ve already got the closest thing you’ll likely get, maybe give it a shot instead of outright rejecting it. We have a disproportionate amount of elf races playable anyway.

5 Likes

Blizzard is a good company they listen to their customer. So we should never give up.

1 Like

Go off, but y’all are yelling at a brick wall.

1 Like

I will not yell I will ask politely.

Tell that to Moontear, Aldo, to name a few.

Surely there are more pressing matters than high elves though?

Y’know, RNG, corruption, borrowed power, etc. Yeah, who wants those fixing when we can have (gasp) yet another ELF?!

Sorry for the hostility but this is R E A L L Y starting to grate on me.

3 Likes

You are a good person Borbarsa

I feel like this is sarcasm but I’m going to go out on a limb and say thank you.